Author Topic: Backup Save Files on DUO-RX???  (Read 568 times)

blueraven

Re: Backup Save Files on DUO-RX???
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 04:00:29 PM »
I you go to an electronics store, you can get the 2320 batteries for just over a dollar.

Radio shack sells them for $3-4, and I went to a Walgreens and they wanted $4.50.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Duo_R

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 04:35:33 PM »
Necro, yes I meant to say 2320 sorry. The 2320 isn't found at the stores that I have visited, so my question was if the 2025 was a good OEM replacement, I didn't know the specs of the 2320 to begin with.

Also, I take it that you have never tried soldering to a lithium battery before? Let's just say that the results are explosive....  :evil:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 04:38:37 PM by Duo_R »
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Duo_R

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 05:10:35 PM »
Old post, but after 2 years finally got around to replacing the internal battery. I used a 2025 and the following items finish the install:

* Goo Gone - clean up all the goop inside
* Gorilla Tape (tape the contacts to the battery
* Hot glue gun - seal the sucker back up

It wasn't that bad at all. Getting the old battery off was a bit tricky. And also when laying down the glue I had to quickly spread the glue then throw the cover back on. Works like a champ now! My card didn't die, but didn't want to wait until I did. I bought two banks so I could fix one, transfer all the files to that one, then do the second one.

I also slightly dremelled the cover from the inside since it was a tight fit with the battery and the gorilla tape, but you cant tell from the outside. Pics soon and I will post an English guide.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 05:12:16 PM by Duo_R »
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

MottZilla

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 03:57:44 PM »
Just thought I'd throw this out there. Rather than burning a CD after typing all the numbers into that program, perhaps the PC-Engine program should be modified to have a mode for file entry on the console. Then you could as suggested take a digital picture of the screen displaying the hex bytes of the file and basically backup your files by having pictures. Then rather than wasting more CD-Rs you could enter the bytes back in on the console too. It wouldn't be that hard with the controller. Button 1 could cycle the lower nibble/digit (0 - F) and Button 2 could cycle the upper nibble. D-Pad could move around the editor cursor. Somewhere you could set the desired file length, perhaps when you first enter a file creation/restore option.

Can't be that much worse than typing on a keyboard. Typing words is pretty fast but typing a bunch of hex digits wouldn't be that much slower using a controller instead.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 01:24:56 AM »
Just thought I'd throw this out there. Rather than burning a CD after typing all the numbers into that program, perhaps the PC-Engine program should be modified to have a mode for file entry on the console. Then you could as suggested take a digital picture of the screen displaying the hex bytes of the file and basically backup your files by having pictures. Then rather than wasting more CD-Rs you could enter the bytes back in on the console too. It wouldn't be that hard with the controller. Button 1 could cycle the lower nibble/digit (0 - F) and Button 2 could cycle the upper nibble. D-Pad could move around the editor cursor. Somewhere you could set the desired file length, perhaps when you first enter a file creation/restore option.

Can't be that much worse than typing on a keyboard. Typing words is pretty fast but typing a bunch of hex digits wouldn't be that much slower using a controller instead.

Sounds like you're looking for Chris Covell's nifty BRAM tool.  :wink:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

MottZilla

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 07:00:46 AM »
I wouldn't doubt it if Covell has already done what I was thinking about.

ccovell

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 08:59:29 AM »
Yep, my BRAM tool will work with a flashcart or on a CD-R.

http://www.disgruntleddesigner.com/chrisc/data/BRAMTool.zip