Author Topic: I beat Victory Run last night! Woohoo!  (Read 315 times)

Windancer

I beat Victory Run last night! Woohoo!
« on: July 21, 2008, 09:31:28 PM »
Well I did it after all these years! The contest is still wide open and now we know the game is and beatable. So get on it boys it's a race to the finish! Once you know the keys it's rather easy a little hint a guy at youtube has posted 3 videos watch him play and you will get the keys on how to beat the game.

http://pcenginefan.blogspot.com/2008/07/victory-run-has-been-beaten-by.html
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 09:42:19 PM by Windancer »

Keranu

Re: I beat Victory Run last night! Woohoo!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 11:40:02 PM »
That must've been a very satisfying win :) . Would love to play this game more if I had it.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ceti alpha

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 01:54:10 AM »
Well I did it after all these years! The contest is still wide open and now we know the game is and beatable. So get on it boys it's a race to the finish! Once you know the keys it's rather easy a little hint a guy at youtube has posted 3 videos watch him play and you will get the keys on how to beat the game.

haha!!  :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap: Congrats man!! It just amazes me that after years and years of trying to beat this game, it's the first day of a Victory Run competition you decide to beat it. That's how she rolls, eh?  :wink:

Great stuff though Wind. Great inspiration for us contestants.  :mrgreen:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Sparky

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 02:02:27 AM »
nice wind-man… i gots to get playing more!!!…more of anything!!! :roll:

Windancer

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 08:04:29 AM »

haha!!  :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap: Congrats man!! It just amazes me that after years and years of trying to beat this game, it's the first day of a Victory Run competition you decide to beat it. That's how she rolls, eh?  :wink:

Great stuff though Wind. Great inspiration for us contestants.  :mrgreen:

Well I must say I played more yesterday then ever. I pretty much played all day I estimate that it took me over 50 tries to finally beat the game. Plus I watched the youtube video of the guy beating the game it helped alot.

Turbo D

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 09:49:42 AM »
I played it for an hour last night. The farthest I could get was level 3, which I died in.  :evil:

Soviet Conscript

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 03:35:52 PM »
I played it for an hour last night. The farthest I could get was level 3, which I died in.  :evil:

me to

wind inspired me to play. in the past level 2 was as far as i ever got but i finally made it to 3 several times. can't seem to get any further though.

Oh my god! They're not even human!

Windancer

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 09:13:37 AM »

me to

wind inspired me to play. in the past level 2 was as far as i ever got but i finally made it to 3 several times. can't seem to get any further though.

You Can Do it! quote from the waterboy LOL

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 10:10:47 AM »

me to

Me three.  I suck.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Windancer

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 11:36:08 AM »
ok guys watch these three videos they will help you alot on how to beat this game:

This is a pretty much a walkthrough no cheats running! it teaches you basically how to run your race. watch what the guys does and where he keeps his car located on the track. Also what gear does he run in on the dirt/grass tracks. These videos I must say helped me beat the game. so they are a good watch to help you out. YOU CAN DO IT! Still up for grabs is a free copy Dragon Knight II complete or Rabio Lepus Special your choice just buy sending me the ending screen shots taken with a camera. Your screen shots will be posted on Pcenginefan's Blog with a great big attaboy! if you beat my ranking there will be an In your face windancer posted as well LOL
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 11:38:20 AM by Windancer »

Soviet Conscript

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 01:11:10 PM »
finally made it to stage 4 last night a few times and made it within milliseconds of the checkpoint. i hate that track even worse then the dirt road, those trucks are out to kill me.
Oh my god! They're not even human!