Author Topic: Just got back from my trip to the Philippines  (Read 815 times)

rag-time4

Just got back from my trip to the Philippines
« on: July 27, 2008, 09:43:49 AM »
I'll have some pics to post soon, just wanted to check in real quick!

My gf and I decided to get married while I was there! I found my dream girl.... I brought my Duo with me, and she says she's going to miss playing Image Fight! I beat it for the first time over my vacation... I got a new high score too but because of the glare of her tv I couldn't get a decent pic with my cellphone...

It seems that my Duo isn't happy though... I was using a voltage converter over there, because the Philippines standard wall outlet voltage is 220 Volts, while the USA is 120V. The converter, however, only output as high as 110V.... not sure if that was the cause of my problem but it seems that the redbook audio volume output of my Duo is much lower now than it was before.

Now that I'm back I'm in the process of looking for work for the next few months before school starts up again.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Mike H, thanks for updating the Street Fighter thread. Looks like you got to it just after I left. Hopefully we get some competition there... I know I could do better because I only got a handful of perfects...

Michael Helgeson

Re: Just got back from my trip to the Philippines
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 10:41:53 AM »
Why didn't you bring her back with you,or stay,or did you bring her back with you.... Confused. How long have you known her anyway?
Street Fighter 2 is old news,the new game to play is Art of Fighting :P

nectarsis

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 05:52:32 PM »
Welcome back rags :)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

termis

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 09:08:34 PM »
I'll have some pics to post soon, just wanted to check in real quick!

My gf and I decided to get married while I was there! I found my dream girl.... I brought my Duo with me, and she says she's going to miss playing Image Fight! I beat it for the first time over my vacation... I got a new high score too but because of the glare of her tv I couldn't get a decent pic with my cellphone...

It seems that my Duo isn't happy though... I was using a voltage converter over there, because the Philippines standard wall outlet voltage is 220 Volts, while the USA is 120V. The converter, however, only output as high as 110V.... not sure if that was the cause of my problem but it seems that the redbook audio volume output of my Duo is much lower now than it was before.

Now that I'm back I'm in the process of looking for work for the next few months before school starts up again.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Mike H, thanks for updating the Street Fighter thread. Looks like you got to it just after I left. Hopefully we get some competition there... I know I could do better because I only got a handful of perfects...

Welcome back, and it's unlikely that 110v or 120v really made any difference.  Sounds like it's time to replace those caps!

ceti alpha

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 03:05:07 AM »
Welcome back Rags.  :) Congratulations on beating Image Fight....oh, and on getting married too... 8-[ :P  :wink: I look forward to some pics.   

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Sinistron

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 03:09:36 AM »
Congrats Rags.  I myself just got engaged over the weekend  :)

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

rainbow_bright

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 04:23:37 AM »
Welcome back, rag-time :)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 04:30:19 AM »
Welcome back, rag-time4.  Congrats on getting married.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

rag-time4

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 10:31:18 AM »
Why didn't you bring her back with you,or stay,or did you bring her back with you.... Confused. How long have you known her anyway?
Street Fighter 2 is old news,the new game to play is Art of Fighting :P

Mike, I didn't bring her back with me, but we're going to get started on the paperwork right away. I met her online in January. My trip to the Philippines lasted over a month, so I feel like we got a lot of time together.

Welcome back, and it's unlikely that 110v or 120v really made any difference.  Sounds like it's time to replace those caps!

Termis, I think I'm gonna have to get the caps replaced... it worked fine before my trip  :(

Congrats Rags.  I myself just got engaged over the weekend  :)

Congrats to you also! Have you guys set a date? With my wife, we didn't spend much time in the engagement stage.

With my last girlfriend, we were in the engagement stage for a few years and never set a date... and I ended up breaking it off...

Anyway, you guys have me a bit energized with that override high score thread... I still need to get that one!

Turbo D

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 12:19:43 PM »
Hey, welcome back ragtime! I'm glad that you met someone special. I can't wait for those pix of the Philippines.

Sinistron

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 01:55:19 PM »
Congrats to you also! Have you guys set a date?

My prerequisite was that there'd be no planning until January.  If you knew how many weddings we're dealing with at the moment with our friends you might understand.  That- and I'd like to enjoy the engagement at least for a few months without the madness.

atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Turbo D

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 02:16:14 PM »
My advice to anyone is to live with your partner for at least one year prior to any marriage. If you skip this step you will be in for a big surprise  :lol: After all you don't want to be miserable for the rest of your life!

guyjin

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 02:22:31 AM »
My advice to anyone is to live with your partner for at least one year prior to any marriage. If you skip this step you will be in for a big surprise  :lol: After all you don't want to be miserable for the rest of your life!

:lol: ... he's lucky if he's seen her face yet.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

rag-time4

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 04:06:37 PM »
Hey, welcome back ragtime! I'm glad that you met someone special. I can't wait for those pix of the Philippines.

Here are a couple pics of me, my wife, and some of our family playing my Duo. As you can see in some of the pics, we had a family game of bomberman 94, and also some moto roader.:

I also showed off some of my best stuff:

Here's some pics of my wife and I at Dagupan beach:

This is me feeling sleepy before we went to the beach. I took a nap for about 30 minutes in the back of our uncle's van.

A pic of my wife and I at a floating restaurant in Tarlac

A pic of us at the party room in a Tarlac McDonald's... My wife's little cousin celebrated her birthday during my visit.

My wife's elder brother and his girlfriend at the same party... don't remember who the baby is (not theirs)

« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 04:25:09 PM by rag-time4 »

Turbo D

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 04:11:03 PM »
Those are excellent pix Rag-Time! I'm glad that you guys enjoyed Bomberman 94 together. Now, I need to get my family to play bomberman with me!