Author Topic: Super Power League FX - 8 Players???  (Read 387 times)

MissaFX

Super Power League FX - 8 Players???
« on: September 23, 2008, 10:55:04 AM »
So I have noticed that this game lets you assign up to 8 players.  I was wondering if anyone had any information on if they planned to make a multitap for the FX?  Since this game came out in 1996, earlier into the life of the FX I find it strange there is this option, but no multitap.

:?:
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

nat

Re: Super Power League FX - 8 Players???
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 10:56:25 AM »
AFAIK there were never any plans for a multitap for the PC-FX. NEC's vision for the PC-FX was very different from their vision for the PC Engine and Grafx line.

Mednafen

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 12:20:16 PM »
Yes.  The GMaker technical documentation includes information on detecting and reading from a multitap.

nat

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 12:21:21 PM »
News to me.

What is "GMaker?"

MissaFX

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 12:25:25 PM »
News to me.

What is "GMaker?"

If I am not mistaken it is one of the CDs/programs for FX dev stuff?

Now I need me a multitap for some real Super Power League FX fun!
Any chance you could pass out those plans?  Or is there a website which has them?
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 03:35:00 PM »
Super Power League FX is an awesome game regardless of how many players!  I'm pretty sure I played it the most of all my PCFX games back in the day!!

Sensei

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 04:48:10 PM »
Super Power League FX is an awesome game regardless of how many players!  I'm pretty sure I played it the most of all my PCFX games back in the day!!

What makes it so good?  I never really played it.  Just tested MissaFXs copy to make sure it loaded before I sent it.

MissaFX

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 05:24:30 PM »

What makes it so good?  I never really played it.  Just tested MissaFXs copy to make sure it loaded before I sent it.

The audio is engaging.  The graphics are great.  The game is flexable and complex.  It supports up to 8 players (with a homemade multitap)!!!  The Power League series is already good to begin with.  The FX game just improves upon the time tested forumla.  I really thought it would only be so-so, and got it mainly because I want as many big box games as I can have.  But it has turned out to be a really great game.  You should add it to the store sensei.

Sensei

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 05:35:23 PM »

The audio is engaging.  The graphics are great.  The game is flexable and complex.  It supports up to 8 players (with a homemade multitap)!!!  The Power League series is already good to begin with.  The FX game just improves upon the time tested forumla.  I really thought it would only be so-so, and got it mainly because I want as many big box games as I can have.  But it has turned out to be a really great game.  You should add it to the store sensei.

If other people are interested I am sure I could get another copy for the store.  Just in thre past sports games have been notoriously difficult for me to sell.

But yeah, that really does sound good.  Maybe I need a copy for me...  Hmm....