Author Topic: Action Figure collectors out there?? what do ya have…  (Read 1624 times)

bartre

Re: Action Figure collectors out there?? what do ya have…
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2014, 05:53:51 AM »
wouldn't really call myself a collector, but i've got a few cool ones, like a kenshiro figure by xebec toys, and a guts figure that's apparently pretty rare.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2014, 12:53:14 PM »
and a guts figure that's apparently pretty rare.

Nuyce! Guts is awesome! *suddenly feels like playin' Guts' Rage*

TheClash603

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 11:56:33 AM »
I only have about 30 figures, as I buy one or two a year when they catch my eye.

Most recent acquisitions were the NECA NES Jason and Freddy figures, which are boss!

MrWunderful

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 01:35:54 PM »
I've been recently into collecting lego mini figs- that's all I have room for!
Sell me your loose Hu Cards!!

xelement5x

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2014, 03:25:06 PM »
I'll occasionally grab anime figures when I'm ordering stuff online since they're pretty cheap directly in Japan.  I don't have a lot, but there are a couple I keep on my desk at work.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

roflmao

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2014, 04:29:29 PM »
I have a ton of M.U.S.C.L.E. Men, but they probably don't count. :P

rag-time4

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2014, 05:27:56 PM »
I think I still have some boxes of GI JOE toys from when I was a kid. No. I bet I tossed them years ago. Dammit. I'd sell them now. I loved putting the stickers on the vehicles...following directions was never so much fun.
I always had fun following directions of lego sets

jeffhlewis

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2014, 06:14:56 AM »
I have a bunch of Aliens action figures, still in box, that I bought when I was a kid thinking they'd be an awesome investment or some shit. Not really the case, but at least they look cool.

My folks are cleaning out their attic and have my entire collection of He-Man (+ Castle Grayskull!), GI Joe and Starcom toys. They're going to make a road trip this summer to visit Wisconsin and I told them to bring 'em along so I could start selling them off. If anyone on the boards is interested in this stuff (it's all 1985 - 1991 era) you'll get first dibs.

420GOAT

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2014, 08:37:54 AM »
nothing, damn kids broke all the shit i had. oh well ill tell them when they are older and it may have been worth more.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2014, 10:04:11 AM »
I have a bunch of Aliens action figures, still in box, that I bought when I was a kid thinking they'd be an awesome investment or some shit. Not really the case, but at least they look cool.

My folks are cleaning out their attic and have my entire collection of He-Man (+ Castle Grayskull!), GI Joe and Starcom toys. They're going to make a road trip this summer to visit Wisconsin and I told them to bring 'em along so I could start selling them off. If anyone on the boards is interested in this stuff (it's all 1985 - 1991 era) you'll get first dibs.

I may be interested in some He-Man stuff. Also, if you have Silverhawks, that too, also, as well, too.

jtucci31

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2014, 10:39:51 AM »
My uncle was really into GI Joes. He more so collected the 12 inch figures than the plastic ones, but he dabbled in those. Growing up I had footlockers filled with GI Joe uniforms, guns, jeeps, scuba gear (bathtub fun), battle stations. You name it. He would just give me this stuff because it was doubles for him.

I would play with this stuff inside and out up until I was in middle school and realized I could get made fun of (so sad).

I still have some of the cooler stuff that I liked. The Joes with "life like hair".

Now my uncle collects Mego figures. Him and I both recently got really into them and we bond over tht a lot.

And the funny thing about my uncle that I found out recently is that he had a TG16 back when they came out. I never knew.

So my uncle got me into larger figures like GI Joes and Megos.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2014, 03:22:14 PM »
Sounds like you've got a pretty cool Uncle, all of mine, I could take 'em or leave 'em. lol

jtucci31

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2014, 04:07:34 PM »
Sounds like you've got a pretty cool Uncle, all of mine, I could take 'em or leave 'em. lol

He really is awesome. He taught me quite a bit about eBay and he's one of the few who understands why i do what i do. He was talking to me about pinball on the TG16 so once i get Devil's Crush we are having a high score competition for sure.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2014, 10:15:29 AM »

He really is awesome. He taught me quite a bit about eBay and he's one of the few who understands why i do what i do. He was talking to me about pinball on the TG16 so once i get Devil's Crush we are having a high score competition for sure.

Nuyce!

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2014, 10:55:16 AM »
I have a few movie related figures. Neca and Mcfarline T-800, Mcfarline Robocop, Neca Alien, McFarline Hicks, The Comedian, McFarline Ghost in the Shell and Armatage figures. A Tom and Jerry thing too, and some other random stuff. The ones I care about the most are the Neca Terminator and McFarline Robocop. The McFarline Robocop is better then the Neca releases. Though it has a couple less features, it's more weighty and looks better.