Author Topic: Action Figure collectors out there?? what do ya have…  (Read 1626 times)

Sparky

Action Figure collectors out there?? what do ya have…
« on: September 25, 2008, 02:34:03 PM »
so ya when i was younger and before i got hit with the gaming bug i was all about action figures!!!

I starting collecting way to much of the new shit but some of my old figures I will be keeping for a loooong time to come. First on my love list is my Vintage Star Wars figures, oh baby… just short 10 power of the Force figs but hells they are to pricey for me to buy, the collection also includes Buck Rogers, Doctor Who, Thundarcats and a crap load of old 70's/80's fisher price people :oops:!!! oh ya and some transformers... my saweetest piece is my Sears boxset of the Constructicons from the 80's, still boxed baby :)

Of the new sh…tuff i love the Movie Maniacs series from Todd Mcfarlane and i have almost ever piece of Gargoyles the cartoon merchandise, loved that show and still do, damn it be a sickness!!!  Have got rid of a lot of the never figures/stuff as it was piling up and the older stuff is where its at  8)

oh ya here one Star Wars fig. to get in your collection, maybe a little hard to pose them so hells keep them in the package :P
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3116/2885171102_94cb1d0301_o.jpg

nectarsis

Re: Action Figure collectors out there?? what do ya have…
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 02:37:46 PM »
The Lars/Beru fig is PRICELESS  :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol:

Currently collecting:

Transformers
Gundam
Battlestar Galactica Titaniums
odball anything  ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Duo_R

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 06:41:30 PM »
I collected some G1 Transformers classic series, picked up the re-release of Soundwave, and got the 20th Edition of Optimus Prime.

Back in 2005 I collected Star Wars ROTS like crazy, it was nuts. I look back now and realize that was a little overboard. It slowed down alot, now my kid asks for a present, I grab a new figure for him (he loves the clone and storm troopers). Was going to keep them all sealed but oh well, my boy wanting to play with them is cooler than leaving them in the plastic. Not like they are going to be collectibles like the old school figures.
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

rag-time4

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 07:15:17 PM »
I'm currently selling off my GI Joe collection on ebay! I've got some classic Star Wars figures too, as well as visionaries, g1 transformers, marvel comics figures, thundercats, and assorted others. I'm not into collecting them so they're all gonna be for sale as soon as I can get to them.

drdre

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 06:43:44 AM »
God, toys and games, the worst enemies to my wallet....
I collect a vast majority of eighties toylines, with emphasis on the more obscure.  Right now, I would name off Dino Riders :wink:, M.A.S.K., Boglins, Crystar, Aliens (kenner), Barnyard Commandos, Transformers, etc.

I also own like a friggin million Marvel Legends, the vast majority of which I had to buy to make a build-a-figure (Blob, Brood Queen, Fin Fang Foom, Sentinel, Mojo, MODOK, Giant Man...most of them) :(

Also have a few random Japanese toys- Max Factory Guyver, Evangelion, Devil Man  :twisted:

When I started off collecting, I would only buy MIP/MIB, but now I also enjoy collecting loose/complete figures and playsets!
Arms installation is complete....good luck

hoobs88

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 07:06:20 AM »
G.I. Joe figures (mostly just the variations of Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow but some other cool characters too)

Transformers-Decepticons only
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

ceti alpha

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 09:38:06 AM »
I'd love to get some old Star Trek figures. Particularly The Motion Picture and Wrath of Khan figures.

...not an action figure, but I've always considered the Enterprise as one of the major characters. Here's a figurine of the Enterprise depicting her sad demise in The Search for Spock.  :cry:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 07:36:23 PM »
I was collecting quite a few different lines of action figures for awhile, now I'm down to only TF's, & even those, I'm trying to ween myself off of.  I have old Star Wars aplenty, but also started collecting for awhile, Phantom Menace figures, & a few Clone Wars, I have some of the GI Joe figs that came out about 8 years ago, I have a whole bunch of the new He-man figures(sadly, I don't have He-man, Skeletor, or Man-at-arms), Mega Man & Mega Man X figures, some Samurai Showdown, Dinozaurs which are now in my shed :lol:, & some other random figures. 

Mostly though, I have LOADS of TF's, a bunch of G1 leftover from my childhood, & all of the reissue's including Megs & Predaking(which never came outside of Japan), Masterpiece Prime, Masterpiece Megatron(once again, Japan only), & Masterpiece Starscream, some G2 & Machine Wars, pretty much all the Beast Wars figures, all Beast Machines, all Robots in Disguise, all Armada, all Energon, all Cybertron, all Alternators, alot of the Universe figures, most of the Classics(except repaints), all the main Movie figures, all the regular Animated figures, a bunch of Robots Heroes, most of the bigger Titaniums, & a few small ones, a whole bunch of the Legends figs & most of the Heroes of Cybertron.  I also have a life size statue of the Autobot Matrix of Leadership, & a statue of Soundwave with Rumble, Ravage, & Lazerbeak.

Black Tiger

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 12:14:09 PM »
I've had to put everything into storage to make room for my dedicated game room, but I have a large MOTU collection with several hundred loose classic figures, pretty much every toy released in the series, a ton of MIB/MOC figures & vehicles/playsets, an endless pile of licensed products, most of the 2001'ish line MOC and a bunch of other related stuff inbetween. The door to my game room is still painted like a classic MOTU figure card back, since it started out as a strictly classic-MOTU-only room.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Joe Redifer

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 02:51:21 PM »
Here is one of my rarest action figures, Grimlock from the original Transformers!!!

I know I could probably get several hundred dollars if I sold it, but sentimentality just won't let me!

I'll try to post some of my other rare action figures later on.

drdre

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 04:36:11 AM »
Here is one of my rarest action figures, Grimlock from the original Transformers!!!

I know I could probably get several hundred dollars if I sold it, but sentimentality just won't let me!

I'll try to post some of my other rare action figures later on.

Well damn if you don't have the rarest of the rare!  First the Dracula X HuCard, and now the super exclusive headless Grimlock!?!
The women want you, and the men want to be you  :oops:
Arms installation is complete....good luck

nodtveidt

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 03:34:47 PM »
I don't have much. Cloud Strife (Advent Children), Baraka (MK Deception), and two Chris Benoit figures. Oh, and some imp thing from Yu-Gi-Oh.

bust3dstr8

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 07:12:44 AM »
I have a box of MUSCLE figures laying around somewhere.
Clowns Suck

HailingTheThings

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 04:02:16 PM »
Totally used to collect toys, like alot. Was into a bit of everything. GI Joe, All things Marvel/DC, He-Man, blehblahbleh-whatves, ya know? My favorite, though always was and will always be Bucky O'Hare. The best. Still have all ten, yes ten (small one wave run) figures MOC on mah wall. :3
Wish I had a couple grand to get one of these rare prototypes...

esteban

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 12:36:59 AM »
I think I still have some boxes of GI JOE toys from when I was a kid. No. I bet I tossed them years ago. Dammit. I'd sell them now. I loved putting the stickers on the vehicles...following directions was never so much fun.
  |    |