Author Topic: Pics of props for movie, possibly Transformers 2?  (Read 524 times)

ParanoiaDragon

Pics of props for movie, possibly Transformers 2?
« on: October 10, 2008, 04:17:20 PM »
While heading home to California on monday, I kept my eyes out for "interesting" things that I might see on the freeway, since I knew they were filming in Arizona.  The first one, is a helicopter, obviously a prop, could be for GI Joe for all I know.  There is a dummy inside it as well, but, I coudn't get a picture of it.  We actually passed by the truck carrying it once, but because I didn't get a picture in time, my dad got a guilty conscience & got off the freeway & waited for it to pass again :thumbsup

The next thing we saw, was some wierd, construction type.......thing.  Couldn't figure out what it was, but, took pictures of it anyway, just incase, for some wild reason, it ended up being part of a Constructicon or something.

One thing we also saw, was what looked like wings, but, it was going the opposite direction, so, couldn't get a picture of it.  Anyways, enjoy what may or may not be for the new movie!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 09:43:18 PM by ParanoiaDragon »

nectarsis

Re: Pics of props for movie, possibly Transformers 2?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 04:29:57 PM »
Well the Constructicons are for sure in TF 2 (as is Jetfire...supposedly as a SR-71  :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:).  VERY cool pics, and you may be right, as filming is going on all over the place for it.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 06:44:14 PM »
You images are non-clickable.  Can't see bigger views.

Anyway, one of those can't be a Constructicon since Bonecrusher was a jet in the first movie.  I guess they will probably make Cliffjumper a Constructicon or something.  He'll merge with his fellow Constructicons to form LaserBeak.  Michael Bay LOVES to anal rape Transformer fans with his shitty movie(s).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 06:47:51 PM by Joe Redifer »

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 09:45:25 PM »
Don't know why they weren't clickable, wierd.  Anyways, there are 7(that's right, in this movie 7) Constructicons, along with Soundwave & Ravage, not to mention The Fallen, which, I would assume is indeed The Fallen from TF mythology, one of the 13 original TF's to betray Primus, & side with Unicron.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 11:19:03 PM »
I would leave out the word "original" if you are talking about "Primus" and siding with Unicron.  In the original TFs, Unicron is dead, just a head floating around.  Not much to side with.  No "fallen", either... whatever that is.

I hope the TFs would look less shitty and more distinguished in the new movie.  I barely could tell them apart in their robot modes in the first movie.  Their design is/was horrible!  Transformers needs a proper movie.

Keranu

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 12:33:23 AM »
Bernie Mac telling off that hoe in the beginning of the movie made up for it.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 02:05:58 AM »
Nothing made up for it. The f*cking things look like demon mechs, not Transformers. The only way they could have possibly done a worse injustice was to re-release  and pass off the Go-Bots Battle of the Rocklords movie as a TF film, renaming and re dubbing it.

termis

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 02:43:20 AM »
[rant]
I actually just saw the movie for the first time, and my intuitions weren't wrong.  Man, they really f*cked the whole thing up for the old fans.  I just couldn't stand all the busy-wiry looking designs of the autobots/decepticons.

Trey Parker/Matt Stone are so right.  Why the hell does Michael Bay get to continue making shitty movies?

As a matter of fact, I had to shut it off after about an hour into it cause it was making me sick.
[/rant]

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 09:34:08 AM »
In the original cartoon & comics, Unicron isn't really "dead", infact, Starscream even made a deal with him in one of the ep's to give him a new body.  And Primus is the god of the TF's in the original comics(not the cartoon though), The Fallen, is in the newer comics, adding to the original's mythology.  But that's all G1, the movie ain't G1, that's for sure, but I still find them interesting.  I'm not thrilled with the designs, but, I've learned to accept them.  I'm hoping the designs for new characters in the 2nd film, will lean more towards a more traditional TF look.  This is the best we'll ever get, I don't see anyway we'll get TF's the way we want them, so I just put up with certain things I don't like, but, this new movie will be focusing more on TF's mythology, not to mention, supposedly having more focus on the TF's themselves, & less on their interaction with humans(which is one of the things that bugged me about the 1st movie, TOO MANY HUMANS!).

Black Tiger

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 10:13:42 AM »
In the original cartoon & comics, Unicron isn't really "dead", infact, Starscream even made a deal with him in one of the ep's to give him a new body.  And Primus is the god of the TF's in the original comics(not the cartoon though), The Fallen, is in the newer comics, adding to the original's mythology.  But that's all G1, the movie ain't G1, that's for sure, but I still find them interesting.  I'm not thrilled with the designs, but, I've learned to accept them.  I'm hoping the designs for new characters in the 2nd film, will lean more towards a more traditional TF look.  This is the best we'll ever get, I don't see anyway we'll get TF's the way we want them, so I just put up with certain things I don't like, but, this new movie will be focusing more on TF's mythology, not to mention, supposedly having more focus on the TF's themselves, & less on their interaction with humans(which is one of the things that bugged me about the 1st movie, TOO MANY HUMANS!).

If the leaked Megatron penis-tank images are legit, it's only going to get worse.

Those are some really cool photos, even if it turns out they're not for TF2.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

nectarsis

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 10:31:32 AM »
Newest rumor is that Prime, and Jetfire have some form of combination. 
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Joe Redifer

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 02:11:09 PM »
Maybe Devastator will combine with the Constructicons since Devastator was already in part one as a single entity.  I wonder if they have some guys in a room that they pay whose mission is "To f*ck shit up real good" and then they swap all the names around and the like.  I'm surprised that Megatron isn't actually Bumblebee and that Unicron isn't one of the insecticons (which would be Autobots).  Unicron wasn't in the comic, that a$$hole.

Primus is the god of the TF's

So if the TFs don't pray and/or believe in Him, will they go to Transformer Hell?  I'd like to see Jesus battle Primus.  Or maybe Primus could transform into a supersonic jet and Jesus could be the pilot.

nectarsis

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 02:15:45 PM »
Devastator was misnamed, and eupposed to be fixed (as the toy ver was correct).

rag-time4

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 02:34:08 PM »

Primus is the god of the TF's

So if the TFs don't pray and/or believe in Him, will they go to Transformer Hell?  I'd like to see Jesus battle Primus.  Or maybe Primus could transform into a supersonic jet and Jesus could be the pilot.

Joe you seem to know Biblical scripture more than you let on! I'm impressed!  :clap:

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 05:41:43 PM »
Neat pics, but I think the 'constructicon' is just a shipping container handler.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles