Author Topic: My House Was Burglerized!!!  (Read 360 times)

turbokon

My House Was Burglerized!!!
« on: October 24, 2008, 05:00:49 PM »
Wifey came home on Thursday to find the door in the garage left wide opened and the first thing she thought that it was me that left the door opened and then she saw gone was the 40" Sony LCD TV that hung above the fireplace.  It happened during the day when no one was home  and work.  A few other things that was gone was 2 laptops, a desk top only, Nintendo WII with all the games, my daughter's DS, and even her bedazzled Ipod nano!  Can you believe that?!!  I am very thankful that our house didn't get vandalized in the process and even more they didn't even touch my turbo grafx and transformers collection.  They mostly took the electronic stuff.  Hopefully the insurance will pay for most of it. We never thought this would happen to us and now that it did, it opened our eyes.  Now, we're considering a home security system and from now on, we will keep all recipes, boxes, manual for all our purchases.  We are all doing fine, we'll not traumatize or anything like that but like I said earlier, it could have been worst!! 
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

nectarsis

Re: My House Was Burglerized!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 05:15:59 PM »
 :shock: :shock: Holy shit man, my thoughts go out to you.  TIME FOR SOME POINTY STICK ACTION  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Keranu

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 05:50:56 PM »
If they took my Turbo stuff, I would've done the forensic evidence research myself and pull a Splatterhouse once I found them.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 05:57:13 PM »
No surpise the,Wii&DS were stolen given how much there a hot ticket item these days.At least nobody was hurt and you have the (TG16) and all still.I bet the crooks saw the,TG16 and thought it was a over sized typer writer.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 10:29:00 PM by TR0N »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

MotherGunner

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 06:29:32 PM »
That is so crazy.  My best to you and your family.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

rag-time4

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 08:00:40 PM »
Turbokon... thank you so much for sharing. You're right, it could have been worse... all in all you have a lot to be thankful for in that nobody was home.

Hopefully all of us who are collectors will take note do as much as we can to get insurance for our stuff and take precautions.

We are taught as followers of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad to take very seriously the security of our women and children, so especially for those who are married or with children, don't take your responsibility to protect your families lightly.

I'm thinking especially of 'Mr. Hell' and the guy he's dealing with... do your best to take care of your family, bro.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 08:24:05 PM by rag-time4 »

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 09:17:25 PM »
Glad to hear it wasn't worse. At least what was taken can be replaced. Whats left is more or less the thought of security, as your home was violated. Prob would be best to install a security system. Sometimes people who do stuff like this, if they know the house was a easy hit the first time around, they will try to do so again in a few months. What you do next time too is take pics of your electronics,esp the serial numbers on them and proof of purchase, and keep them on a disc put away safely. That way if you lose things like receipts, you will still have that proof the items were yours incase you track them down at a local pawn, ect....
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 05:25:27 AM by PC-ENGINE HELL »

guyjin

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 04:47:38 AM »
that really sucks. At least they only took the easily replaceable stuff.
I don't know if you have pets, but it's good they weren't hurt either.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

MissaFX

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 05:25:00 AM »
That really sucks about your house, sadly this kind of event is what most people need to live through to realize there home is unsecure.  Security systems only do so much good, because from the small list of items, the person or persons were probably not in your home long enough to allow security or police to respond. 

Your money would be better spent into a dog who barely failed K-9 training (yes, you can check around to find these wonderful pets up for adoption).  My uncle uses two Doberman Pinschers and let me tell you those dogs are sharp as tacs.  From wiki: The Doberman Pinscher has been used as a protection and guard dog, due to its intelligence, loyalty, and ability to physically challenge human aggressors.  Doberman Pinschers are, in general, gentle, loyal, loving, and intelligent dogs. Although there is variation in temperament, a typical pet Doberman attacks only if it has been mistreated or believes that it or its family are in danger.  (my own note, one pre-trained who you invest some more hands on training with your family and it, in a controlled situation with a professional trainer will even then put up with quite a bit of abuse from a child.)  One or two of these babies in your house and no burgler in their right mind will want to get in when he sees their orderly behaviour which only comes from a trained dog.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

rolins

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 08:04:19 AM »
Sorry to hear that especially being close to the holidays. But good to hear that you and your family are okay. :)  When my house got robbed many years ago, we couldn't afford those home security systems. So we put up iron bars around windows and steel doors in the front and back entrances. Don't know it's enough to deter robbers, kinda looks ugly on the house, but they definitely makes it tougher to break in.

MotherGunner

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 12:43:30 PM »
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

ceti alpha

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 01:15:52 PM »
Ugh. Sorry to hear this Turbokon.  :( But yeah, it could have been worse, and at least no one was hurt. But getting a security system is definitely a good call. Like Mike said, these people like to come around again if it's easy pickin's.

Oh, and if you, or anyone in the family, uses facebook, tell them not to put where they are or what they are doing on their profiles. i.e. "Family trip to the theme park for the day!" All that does is tell people that no one is home. lol. May sound paranoid, but it's actually happened.  :x

Anyway, thanks for sharing Turbokon. Hope you get everything back and these people/person gets caught.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

drdre

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 02:03:27 PM »
yeah man that sucks, but at least you guys weren't home!
Arms installation is complete....good luck

Turbo D

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2008, 05:12:29 PM »
It would've been better if he were home, then he could have shot the f*cker. heh. I'm just glad that the turbo is fine!

turbokon

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 05:55:45 AM »
Thanks for your support fellow turbo fans.  Yeah, we're getting a home security system set up later this week.  Sorry missa, I don't like pets, the only pet we have are some gold fishs. Yeah, I think it was a good thing we weren't home at the time.  I keep imagining what if we were home or even worse what if only my kids and wife were home when it happened like when I was away fpr the whole month of September.  The thought just makes me angry. At the least the security system will give me some sort of piece of mind.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com