Author Topic: Magical Chase BIN on Ebay  (Read 1046 times)

nat

Re: Magical Chase BIN on Ebay
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 09:43:03 PM »
I take it that this seller was a previous collector?

Yes.

Sparky

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 12:11:51 AM »

Someone will sell it for less eventually.

They sure will, have no fear.

This particular copy that just went for $460 was sold to the seller, by me, for $165 for the card & manual in mint condition.

what???... that was yours man??... you were looking for that game for awhile nat, why did ya sell? if you don't mind me asking.

That would bug me some, selling to a fellow collector a rare game like that for a gooood price and then later it goes to ebay...
sure it happens but i would not like it.

Tatsujin

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 01:20:52 AM »
 :cry:
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

nat

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 05:13:46 AM »

Someone will sell it for less eventually.

They sure will, have no fear.

This particular copy that just went for $460 was sold to the seller, by me, for $165 for the card & manual in mint condition.

what???... that was yours man??... you were looking for that game for awhile nat, why did ya sell? if you don't mind me asking.

I got another copy, one that was complete with box and everything, so I sold the duplicate for the same price I had originally bought it for. I still have the complete copy.

Sparky

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2008, 09:39:01 AM »
well hells nat... then congratulations is in order on getting a complete one, and for being a hell of a guy to sell your spare for what you payed for it...you sir will be going to heaven!!!!  8)

ooPo

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 01:36:52 AM »
Here's a fun thought.

It is LOT cheaper to buy a flash cart, put the Magical Chase rom onto it, saw off the gba-style connector on the end and paint it to look like the original hucard.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 04:04:09 AM »

Well that's a swift kick in the pills.  You should ask him to send you $150 for your share of the profits.  ](*,)

Here's a fun thought.

It is LOT cheaper to buy a flash cart, put the Magical Chase rom onto it, saw off the gba-style connector on the end and paint it to look like the original hucard.

Why bother buying a flash cart when you could just play the rom on a pirated version of Magic Engine.  :roll:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

zektor

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2008, 03:29:56 PM »
It's BACK:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAGICAL-CHASE-TURBO-GRAFX-US-90s-HOLY-GRAIL-MINT-RARE_W0QQitemZ110318720846

What do you make of that? Seller had two? Buyer backed out? (although I cannot see how since it was immediate payment required previously). Odd.

nat

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2008, 03:47:26 PM »
He didn't have two. That's still the same one I sold him. Probably had a deadbeat bidder, considering the disclaimer at the top of the description section.

zektor

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2008, 04:16:25 PM »
He didn't have two. That's still the same one I sold him. Probably had a deadbeat bidder, considering the disclaimer at the top of the description section.

Gotcha. That disclaimer wasn't there when I originally viewed.....he must have edited the relisted auction. Well, I guess a lucky second chance for someone, although it is still starting at a beefy pricetag.

papa_november

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2008, 06:25:09 PM »
Here's a fun thought.

And at $460, that's almost five flash carts.

Collectors ruin everything.

Mobius

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2008, 05:42:44 AM »
Well, the previous auction ended with the seller getting this feedback:

no reply after payment, liar!!!!! Avoid!!!!!! caio24 ( 152)  Dec-03-08 09:27
  MAGICAL CHASE TURBO GRAFX US 90s HOLY GRAIL MINT RARE (#110306486101) US $459.99 View Item

Doesn't look like the seller left any feedback for the buyer.

Black Tiger

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2008, 11:48:14 AM »
Well, if the seller is just trying to steal from buyers, it'll probably be worth their while if they can sell and re-list Magical Chase 3 or 4 times under the excuse of deadbeat bidders before PayPal/eBay catches up with them. Plus they get to keep the game(if they really still have it). :clap:
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

RaZiel

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2008, 12:04:04 PM »
Here's a fun thought.

To bad the US Magical Chase ROM doesn't work on a flash cart as it suffers from byte swapping :( The same can be said for Cadash, Blazing Lazers, Military Madness and a few more. They simply do not work on actual hardware due to bad dumps.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 12:06:10 PM by RaZiel »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2008, 04:53:02 AM »
To bad the US Magical Chase ROM doesn't work on a flash cart as it suffers from byte swapping :( The same can be said for Cadash, Blazing Lazers, Military Madness and a few more. They simply do not work on actual hardware due to bad dumps.

Find a better ROM image; my flash cart works fine with Magical Chase (I haven't tested Cadash, Blazing Lazers, or Military Madness).  :wink:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles