Author Topic: Duo-R / RX owners represent!  (Read 3146 times)

Ninja Spirit

Re: Duo-R / RX owners represent!
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2008, 04:51:16 PM »
Another Duo-R owner in the house

Got it from D-Lite in 2005. Traded my Turbografx 16 deck for it plus sold my modded XBox to pay for the other half of it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 04:55:18 PM by Ninja Spirit »

GohanX

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2008, 03:10:18 PM »
JKM - I cannot find any pics of the CYM or the Atlona boxes. can you take a snap of your setup. If I buy the CYM box can I just give it 9-10 volts (how much amperage does it need)? I dont' see the Atlona boxes. Also, is there a retail store that just sells these? I am really intersted in.

Also, I have a concern using the UK model in the US. Is there a difference in the YUV signal? Similar to problems with NTSC and PAL?

If you click the link above to Neo-Geo.com, there is a picture of the box. The "atlona" one is exactly the same, but without the CYM painted on the side. Internally, they are identical.  I just checked my AC adapter, and it's 7.5 vold, 500 mah.  Finding a replacement cord would be easy.

There shouldn't be any problem with an overseas one other than voltage. I'm pretty sure the company that I bought mine from just imported them from either the UK or Australia and bundled a US power cord with it.

Duo_R

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2008, 03:28:35 PM »
JKM,

ok I got my CYM box today (they mailed me the US adapter for it). So question - did you hack a Scart cable to use this box for Duo? Where could I obtain a SCART cable inexpensively to hack? I am actually thinking of adding a 9-din out on this sucker for all RGB system goodness....  :dance:

Also are we just interested in RGB, Composite in (that Sync right), and the Video grounds? I already have the audio broken out prior to hitting the box.
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

GohanX

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2008, 02:40:58 AM »
Duo-R-

I'm still using that PSX adapter cable that came with the system.  I need to replace it since mine is very flakey.  All you would need to make one is a regular SCART cable, the correct DIN connector, and hook up the wires.  I'm not exactly sure what to hook where, I forgot when the pinout is on our modded systems.

I emailed Chaoticjelly a while back and asked him if the RGB cables he makes for his own modded PCE's would work, and he said they should, he thinks the pinout is the same. I meant to order one from him but I never got around to emailing him back.

Duo_R

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2008, 06:18:33 AM »
The pinout for the Doujindance Duo's was in my first post:

Add my YouTube channel:

Duo_R

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2008, 09:57:02 AM »
JKM - do you know how to set the boxes from NTSC mode to PAL mode? I think mine is set to PAL right now. I have everything hooked up but jumpy picture (and yes I am using composite video with LM1881).

Duo-R-

I'm still using that PSX adapter cable that came with the system.  I need to replace it since mine is very flakey.  All you would need to make one is a regular SCART cable, the correct DIN connector, and hook up the wires.  I'm not exactly sure what to hook where, I forgot when the pinout is on our modded systems.

I emailed Chaoticjelly a while back and asked him if the RGB cables he makes for his own modded PCE's would work, and he said they should, he thinks the pinout is the same. I meant to order one from him but I never got around to emailing him back.
Add my YouTube channel:

ogre

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2008, 11:30:47 AM »
Duo_R Are you using Comp video out with a sync stripper (Lm1881n)to go into the atlona rgb scart to yuv box? The Scart to Component box should already have a built in sync stripper and should just take straight up composite video. As far as I know there is no Pal or NTSC mode for these boxes as I can play some PAL games with no problems on my NTSC tv.

Duo_R

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2008, 12:16:27 PM »
Ogre - you are the man! That is the exact issue I had, I was first using sync vid, then a lm1881 composite vid. Straight composite vid did the trick. Now off to test some games!
Add my YouTube channel:

BTD

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2008, 01:35:19 PM »
New here, but this is my Duo-r with RGB mod. Haven't had a chance to try out the pic quality (no tv or monitor for it.).

brettlee

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2008, 10:04:41 PM »
New here, but this is my Duo-r with RGB mod. Haven't had a chance to try out the pic quality (no tv or monitor for it.).

Wow. Congrats! Looks awesome. Betcha can't wait to hook her up and see what she's got installed for you  :wink:
Retro Gaming Freak

BTD

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2008, 02:01:33 AM »
no doubt- I've tested her out and she plays like a dream. Just have to find a composite tv or CRT monitor at this point. I'm ok with AV right now though.

brettlee

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2008, 04:14:42 AM »
no doubt- I've tested her out and she plays like a dream. Just have to find a composite tv or CRT monitor at this point. I'm ok with AV right now though.

Haha. Awesome. Mind if I ask you how much did you pay her?
Retro Gaming Freak

BTD

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2008, 04:24:24 AM »
Not at all- If I remember correctly it was around 200 shipped from Doujindance (sp?)- came with bomberman 94 and some random super CD game, hookups, controller, yada yada- I'd like a duo-r controller though as it came with a pc engine one  :roll:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 04:26:36 AM by BTD »

RaZiel

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2008, 05:50:44 AM »
DUO-RX from PCEngineSales on Ebay and also a member here
Region-modded with switch under where the CD sits so it is out of site
RGB modded but use a RGB>component converter
Blue LED

Looks totally stock other than the LED just the way I like them.

Duo_R

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2008, 06:05:32 AM »

PICS of the switch?
Add my YouTube channel: