Author Topic: Altered Beast CD Freezes..  (Read 904 times)

blueraven

Altered Beast CD Freezes..
« on: November 10, 2008, 03:58:38 PM »
Altered Beast Freezes and/or stops scrolling in every level when you gather the last power-up and morph into the beast(s).  :-s

I've got a PCE Duo.

This is a glitch, right? Is there a fix?  ](*,)

Thanks in advance...
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Joe Redifer

Re: Altered Beast CD Freezes..
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 04:20:38 PM »
You need the System 1.0 System card to prevent that.  You can still play the game... just as long as you NEVER turn into the beast.  That means you must encounter NEFF three times as a human.  Still way better than the HuCard version which is set on the WAY TOO HARD difficulty level.

Tatsujin

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 04:31:12 PM »
i think, no chance with a DUO.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

blueraven

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 04:49:48 PM »
You need the System 1.0 System card to prevent that.  You can still play the game... just as long as you NEVER turn into the beast.  That means you must encounter NEFF three times as a human.  Still way better than the HuCard version which is set on the WAY TOO HARD difficulty level.

Hmmm. Can you put a system card 1.0 into a Duo? I'm guessing not.

i think, no chance with a DUO.

Thanks again guys.

[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Tatsujin

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 04:57:43 PM »
i'm not 100% sure on that point. but i thought the DUO is not downgradeable via inserting a lower systemcard than super system 3.0, which is already built-in. so the only way to go is via a cd-rom + syscard1.o. but may someone knows more precisely :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net

blueraven

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 05:21:51 PM »
i'm not 100% sure on that point. but i thought the DUO is not downgradeable via inserting a lower systemcard than super system 3.0, which is already built-in. so the only way to go is via a cd-rom + syscard1.o. but may someone knows more precisely :)

That makes sense, I'm guessing I'm going to have to bust out the Genesis to play this game again.  :)
--

Tatsujin

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 05:58:23 PM »
I'm guessing I'm going to have to bust out the Genesis to play this game again.  :)

rarely but for this case, this would be the most wisely act which could be done.
www.pcedaisakusen.net

shubibiman

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 08:11:28 PM »
i'm not 100% sure on that point. but i thought the DUO is not downgradeable via inserting a lower systemcard than super system 3.0,

I can tell it IS downgradable. Back in the time when I only owned a DUO, I played Altered Beast using a System Card 1.0 and it worked.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

WoodyXP

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 08:13:40 PM »
i'm not 100% sure on that point. but i thought the DUO is not downgradeable via inserting a lower systemcard than super system 3.0,

I can tell it IS downgradable. Back in the time when I only owned a DUO, I played Altered Beast using a System Card 1.0 and it worked.

Truth.  The boot screen even says 1.0.  I've done it with my RX, worked fine.  8)

Turbo D

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 08:22:29 PM »
I guess I should have spotted this thread before I gave advice in that other thread.  :oops:

WoodyXP

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 08:25:24 PM »
I'm guessing I'm going to have to bust out the Genesis to play this game again.  :)

Probably the best thing you can do.  Investing in a 1.0 card just to play a rubbish version of Beast isn't worth it, IMO.  8)

Black Tiger

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 05:07:31 AM »

I think it's more of an issue with the system card software than the ram of the hardware.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Turbo D

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 07:24:59 AM »
Probably the best thing you can do.  Investing in a 1.0 card just to play a rubbish version of Beast isn't worth it, IMO.  8)

I ended up buying the arcade! The only way to get a decent game of AlteredBeast.  :)

blueraven

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 08:09:41 AM »

Truth.  The boot screen even says 1.0.  I've done it with my RX, worked fine.  8)

Wow. Thanks for the advice. I guess it IS possible.

I was thinking the same thing. If I can find a system card for cheap enough I will try it though. *whew*.

Thanks again everyone!!
--

Arjak

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 08:11:55 AM »
I ended up buying the arcade! The only way to get a decent game of AlteredBeast.  :)
:clap:

Yeah, the Arcade version is by far the best. It has a fun ending that was cut from the Genesis version, and it has more voice work and special effects.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit