Author Topic: 60+ Turbo collection on Ebay  (Read 940 times)

blueraven

Re: 60+ Turbo collection on Ebay
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 12:01:27 PM »
It's a bit much for the console and games all together. Who knows? Maybe someone will hit the lotto.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Black Tiger

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 01:58:27 PM »
by ebay prices yes. I got mine for $30 at a local gamestore; WITH box!  8)

I got mine for $20 on eBay. :wink:
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Press_Run

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 02:09:17 PM »
by ebay prices yes. I got mine for $30 at a local gamestore; WITH box!  8)

Got mine off craiglist for $11.00, but no box just Hucard, manual, and case with a custom-made spine label.  :(   However, I did get Super Star Soldier, Air Zonk, Military Madness and Samurai for roughly the same price.

mobiusclimber

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 02:14:20 PM »
I have a lot of luck with Craigslist, but I almost NEVER see TG16/PCE stuff on there. ONCE there was a guy selling a Duo-R (I think) and a couple games including Dracula X, but he wanted like $400 or more for it! The only other thing is a couple TG-16 bundles. But I've been using CL for years now and have seen like three ads total. (Besides my own.)

Press_Run

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 02:35:36 PM »
I have a lot of luck with Craigslist, but I almost NEVER see TG16/PCE stuff on there. ONCE there was a guy selling a Duo-R (I think) and a couple games including Dracula X, but he wanted like $400 or more for it! The only other thing is a couple TG-16 bundles. But I've been using CL for years now and have seen like three ads total. (Besides my own.)

Then I got lucky, cause there was another craigslist ad about a year back selling 23 Turbo Grafx games including Y's 3, Valis II, Bloody Wolf, Splatter House, and more for $65. It was a sweet deal indeed.

mobiusclimber

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2008, 02:40:24 PM »
Yeah that's really lucky. I've only got like... Zonk, R-Type, Darkwing Duck (is that it?), Bonk's Adventure, Veigues, and a couple others for around $60.

gekioh

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2008, 04:31:04 AM »
WOW WOW WOW and to think all this bashing from people I thought I could consider pals or acquantences at least, but go figure! I suppose I dont really need at all to give any of you an explanation as to why I was attempting to sell my collection(and no it wasnt for holiday bucks)as its really not any of your business but I will suffice it to say! Truth of the matter is, my family has been in an unfortunate incident nearly a month ago involving a drunk driver near my work on the way home from being picked up from work. Now first of all, when one has something that is of obvious value but considers it to be priceless in his mind, its not easy to get rid of it. My turbo collection has been a staple of my escape from this world full of daily stresses like work, "chat room drama bull shit", and life in general so I wont easily let go of my collection. Anywyas as earlier stating, we were t-boned and was hit right smack dab in the passenger side which yours truly was sitting. I was okay but not left unscathed, whiplash severe enough that im still in a neck brace and wont be able to return to work till after mid December. So when one cant work and can only get so much from government funded programs until able to work how does one cope with paying the bills and supporting two kids and a wife. I listed it in hopes of being able to get enough to last through the rest of this month and next month! But because my family and rachel's family are such great people thay have really helped us out as today we were just given $2,000 from her dad. But back to the accident, our car was totaled on the passenger side,kids and wife were safe which i am dearly thankful for! The man has no insurance so was driving illegaly to begin with, and lawyer costs already are going to surmount to way more than I would be comfortable with! With little hope of getting any money out of this gut things are not looking good. We are more than,likely going to be dealing with this whole incident as far as legal matters go for over a year from what i can tell! So up went my collection in an effort to get some bucks to last for a few months worth of living,(my wife does not work in the winter since the family business is closed during these months)since im the only one working during the holidays! So I guess maybe one should always consider that there might actually be a reason why something shows up at a given price and not just to catch a ride on the popularity wave of making money off something considered to be popular and collectible just because others are doing it. But yeah since we got some money I pulled my collection cause I really didnt want to sell it but was the only way to possibly get money for my family. So no thanks and a big f*ck off to those of you who felt like it was necessasry to bash and shit on me just for trying to sell something I consider priceless! And a sincere thank you to those of you who didnt. NO I wont be selling any of these seperately so dont ask cause im keeping them! And as a matter of fact, I do still have the boxes, all of em in fact, I just didnt want to get rid of them cause I was planning to start buying back everything if it sold once this whole ordeal is over!

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2008, 05:11:43 AM »
Sorry to hear that happened Gekioh, and its great that you are getting to keep your collection, instead of having to part with it. All I can say is that mine and others I know experience in dealing with you on ebay was top notch, and I wish you and your family well this holiday season.

Press_Run

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2008, 05:17:18 AM »
Sorry to hear about that.  :(

My brother and mother were in a similar situation few months back. There were crossing a light when some old fart drove through a red and sideswiped them. Brother got a broken arm and my mom was okay. Thankfully, they came out of it still breathing, but the car was totaled. The driver didn't have proper insurance (or so I've heard), so my brother had to get a new cheaper one. I feel your pain, man. I wish for better health and better months ahead for you.

gekioh

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2008, 05:24:33 AM »
thanks man I really appreciate it, really I do! This whole accident has really gotten me so depressed! I really hate having no option other than to sit around the house and feel like im a leech of society! It sucks knowing that the only reason were getting by at the moment is because of handouts and not by my own accord! I have already had to part with some things that I REALLY HATED TO HAVE TO DO! Im very happy to that I am now getting to keep my collection cause its really the last bit of sanity I have at the moment. Ive been playing it a lot since we have had to cut back on a lot of stuff, like no tv other than an antenna cause we cant afford to have the dish right now. The guy was going 70+ mph according to the police in a 25 mph road! He is just damn lucky that nothing at all of concern happened to my kids otherwise I probly would be the one being investigated by the police if you get my drift! Just so all know, it is not at all my intention to have made any enemies, rather by my response or attempt at selling my collection! Thanks again PC Engine hell, I have no doubt things will get better over time, just hard to beleive that something like this has happened to me, cause you never really think about it!

gekioh

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2008, 05:28:20 AM »
Would love to talk more with all of ya but we are getting ready to leave to Portland to take care of some legal matters and back t herapy for me at Legacy Emanual Hospital. Will be back tonight! On the plus side I have now managed to get through 4 levels on Lords of Thunder in one playthrough! Woot Woot!

nectarsis

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2008, 06:52:15 AM »
Holy crap man, I hope everything work out ok.  Trust me I know about how car accidents can screw everything up.  Heres hoping the driver gets nailed with everything they can (and luckily you get to keep yoour collection).
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

mobiusclimber

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2008, 11:16:59 AM »
That really sucks, and I can definitely understand why you'd put your collection up for that price, but seriously, you can't understand why people on here ridiculed that auction? You yourself are a collector. You're not sick of people trying to price gouge on TG16/PCE games? There are too many truly slimy people out there whose only goal is to drive the prices up, buying and reselling rare games. You might think, well it's just one auction, who cares? But it's auctions that sell that set the price of these games. Maybe there really is no crime in ripping off people who are too lazy or dumb to figure out what the actual "value" of these games are, but that kind of thinking hurts everyone.

Furthermore, you said two things in the auction which are absurd and laughable. You want a huge amount of money for something that isn't worth that much, and you wouldn't retake photos of it. No one on here knows why besides what you put in the auction, so of course that sounds pretty damn cocky. Then you lied and said you threw away boxes that you now say you just wanted to keep. Step back from your own problems and reasons for listing this auction and think about it: You want twice or more for your stuff than what it's worth, you refuse to retake pics, and you threw away the outer boxes, according to what you wrote in your auction. You sound like a yahoo. Probably if you had simply said "I had a bad accident happen to me and now I have a lot of bills I need to pay. I don't want to sell this stuff, but I"m forced to by a set of circumstances I have no control over. I'm not able to retake photos of these items, so be aware that the outer boxes are not included." Anything along those lines would have given any of us pause to think. But how you put yourself across in the auction is what caused the ridicule. Reread what you wrote and don't think about your own circumstances and then think how that would sound to anyone who doesn't know what you're going through.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2008, 12:14:32 PM »
Maybe its a subject best left dropped now that everyone knows his situation? What all that can be said has been really. Auctions been pulled, hes keeping the stuff, and he has some personal/family issues going on which he shared with us, even though he did not have to do so. You seriously cant expect him to air all his dirty laundry on the auction details (it's no ones business what is going down in his personal life, nor would he want it to look like he is gunning for sympathy bids I don't think), and on the same note state hes keeping the boxes but selling the games, as that would just piss some folks off or leave them puzzled or get him nag messages asking for them. Just leave it alone.

mobiusclimber

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2008, 12:41:27 PM »
Yeah, you're right. I'm not trying to be an ass about this, and I truly am sorry for what he's going through and really don't want to add on top of it by being a dick.