Author Topic: New PCE/TG16, Supergrafx emulator  (Read 834 times)

AamirM

Re: New PCE/TG16, Supergrafx emulator
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 07:40:15 PM »
Well, it took longer than I expected but work has been restarted on this again. I am in process of completely re-doing the frontend (GUI etc..). The reason behind it is that I re-used a lot of Regen's code in the frontend which was getting ugly (as Win32 already is), hard to maintain and understand. The fullscreen bug is a example of that. So that is why I am writing a new frontend/framework in C++/MFC. Once that is finished, I'll work on completing the CDROM support. I had already written some code to handle CDROM using ASPI and IOCTL so the bitchy part has been done :dance: .

And if someone has any ideas/refinements for GUI layout etc.., please let me know. I mean, for example, I now have a slider in the bottom of the window for seeking to a previous position in the game since now TE has real time rewind feature.

Tom

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 05:13:05 AM »
Ohh. Drag and drop support would be nice as well as 'open with' as well. :D

AamirM

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 08:18:29 AM »
Ohh. Drag and drop support would be nice as well as 'open with' as well. :D
Okay :) . The next version will probably come with a installer which may also be able to register .pce,.sgx etc.. files so you'll only need to double click to open them ;).

AamirM

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2009, 07:13:31 AM »
Turbo Engine 0.3 has been released!!

Download from here.

Sorry I couldn't add some more stuff which people and (myself) wanted. Most importantly the audio plugins and command line support. I am kinda releasing this in a hurry as a certain health issue will keep me away from internet for some days. Anyways, enjoy!

stay safe,

AamirM

Arjak

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009, 07:30:00 AM »
This is a nice emulator! Here's a few problems I found:

-No CD drive support for Vista.

-The select button seems to not function correctly (tested in Final Soldier).
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

AamirM

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2009, 08:31:51 AM »
Does it say something about "wnaspi32.dll" on startup? You have to download "Wnaspi32.dll" and copy it to the same location as the Turbo Engine executable for CD Rom to work.

Or you can try using this.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 08:49:12 AM by AamirM »