Author Topic: WTF are people doing on Ebay lately?!?!?!?  (Read 435 times)

nat

Re: WTF are people doing on Ebay lately?!?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 01:59:23 PM »
I bought Bomberman '93 (US version) new/sealed in 2007 for $38.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 02:19:19 PM »
Looks like 2 of those are won by same person. Over all, prob this is just due to people who simply don't know better.

Tatsujin

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 02:23:08 PM »
to each his own. take teh CA$H from teh dimwits.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Mobius

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 02:53:48 PM »
I dunno... Christmas?

Press_Run

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 03:19:52 PM »
This was already discussed:

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=6189.0

It's only the tip of the iceberg. If you think this is bad, then you haven't seen anything yet.

nectarsis

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 03:32:09 PM »
Yea but these are even more COMMON & different games for even higher prices..and I've def seen the prices rising for awhile now, but especially for SSS for $100 when I got mine a week before (sans box) for $15...bit of a diff.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 05:15:09 PM by nectarsis »
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

TR0N

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 10:23:45 PM »
As of late with these f*ckup prices who knows.Unless these sellers are part of the cult know as gamesqaud or some thing :roll: :lol: Glad i stuck with the jpn version of cotton and bomberman 93 since there cheaper.Not to mention the jpn cotton has the option for english language at least.Though i can't figure out why so many as of late charge,so much for a u.s super star soldier i sure don't remember being it rare.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 01:59:06 AM »
The first two are nothing more than a continuation of the artificial price inflation found in the thread noted by Press_Run (the $100 S.S.S. was among those listed in the other thread).  Cotton didn't sell for all that much more than it normally does, though one ended recently for around $75 BIN without any takers.  It probably went a bit higher 'cause someone wanted it for a gift.  'Tis the season!  :dance:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

albinoMithos

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 02:25:51 AM »
I that glorious time of the year when it's time for vultures on ebay to rape the wallets of the weak minded and quick spenders.  AH holiday greetings to all!  :lol:

gekioh

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 02:15:44 PM »
OMG $100 for a used Cotton JESUS people are mad! I got a factory sealed copy for $59(thats with shipping included and insurance) not even a year ago. And more recently some bafoon paid $100 for a boxed Turrican, god thats one of the most gawd awful games oout there, not even playable IMO, people really are mad! Here is a list of people who are resellers on ebay that most certainly are questionable ,in my opinion anyways
GameSquad(these guys are total donkey cocks)
Ultimate Videogame Connection-okay but definately questionable at times-doesnt ever accept best offers that are more than $5 less than his BIN price
the Lobo Jack guy is definately in need of fine retuning as well. Just plain redicoulous prices

blueraven

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 08:11:19 PM »
OMG $100 for a used Cotton JESUS people are mad! I got a factory sealed copy for $59(thats with shipping included and insurance) not even a year ago. And more recently some bafoon paid $100 for a boxed Turrican, god thats one of the most gawd awful games oout there, not even playable IMO, people really are mad!

:-s $100 for turrican? ... wow. Fun game, but i'd pay $15 tops for it. I got Cotton back in 02 for $26 shipped (beat up manual) and re-sold it for $38 when the I had to pay back teh student loans. I re-purchased a mint manual this year for $2, and am running the game on magic engine. Although now it's kinda like drinking a diet coke with the fake lime flavor; I miss the real thing.

[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Mobius

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 07:01:36 AM »
OMG $100 for a used Cotton JESUS people are mad! I got a factory sealed copy for $59(thats with shipping included and insurance) not even a year ago.

Anyone notice what Cotton is going for on eBay lately?  I'm having trouble finding any recent auctions.  Maybe there aren't any?

I got it as part of a deal back in December, and I just don't like it that much, so I think I'll sell it.  It's complete and mint, not a single scratch on the disc. Any thoughts on what it could go for?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 09:57:55 AM »
Anyone notice what Cotton is going for on eBay lately?  I'm having trouble finding any recent auctions.  Maybe there aren't any?

I got it as part of a deal back in December, and I just don't like it that much, so I think I'll sell it.  It's complete and mint, not a single scratch on the disc. Any thoughts on what it could go for?

I don't think its value has changed much, so it'd probably sell in the $70-$80 range. 
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles