Author Topic: Just beaten Ys I, II, and III  (Read 580 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Just beaten Ys I, II, and III
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 05:13:27 PM »
That's crazy, I just picked one up in November for $20 Best Offer accepted.  Keep looking man, you shouldn't pay more than $25 for it.

Don't bother arguing with the wall.  The only way that you'd get such a deal is by sacrificing a goat and selling your soul.  :roll:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

shubibiman

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 08:24:01 PM »
Ys Book I & II has my favorite story progression in any video game. The climax and ending is such bliss.

The same goes for Ys 4.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

sunteam_paul

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2009, 08:32:25 PM »
Ys Book I & II has my favorite story progression in any video game. The climax and ending is such bliss.

The same goes for Ys 4.

I don't think I've ever had the same satisfaction at an ending since I completed Ys I.II. For me it is the game all other endings are measured by. Ys IV was nice, but I.II had that punch to it and two completely awesome tunes.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

Keranu

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2009, 08:36:10 PM »
Ys IV had a really great ending too, but in a entirely different league from II. Both endings are really special to me though.

And yeah I absolutely agree with Paul about the two final tunes in Ys II! Seeing as we seem to have very similar game music tastes, "See You Again" is my favorite Ys track and probably favorite game track of all time. The credit roll is what really makes the ending extra special to me and then the way it fades to the final image (of Paul's avatar).  Incredible, incredible, incredible game!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nat

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2009, 08:37:59 PM »
Quote from: Keranu on January 10, 2009, 12:16:11 AM
The same goes for Ys 4.

Agreed, I played through Ys IV (English ver) for the first time last year. I have to say overall I was more impressed with part IV than parts I and II. Although many/most of the bosses were a bit easier than those found in the first two episodes, the overall adventure impressed me quite a bit more.

Ys IV had a really great ending too, but in a entirely different league from II. Both endings are really special to me though.

And yeah I absolutely agree with Paul about the two final tunes in Ys II! Seeing as we seem to have very similar game music tastes, "See You Again" is my favorite Ys track and probably favorite game track of all time. The credit roll is what really makes the ending extra special to me and then the way it fades to the final image (of Paul's avatar).  Incredible, incredible, incredible game!

GameS.

Keranu

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2009, 08:42:24 PM »

GameS.
Ahh good point!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).