Author Topic: Has anyone here ever beaten Blazing Lazers on the highest setting "God of Game"?  (Read 591 times)

Nintega

I can't even beat Area 1 on that mode. Any tips?

WoodyXP

Avoid getting hit by bullets.  8)

geise

Practice? It can be challenging that's for sure, but it's like most games.  The more you try the better you get.  Learn which section stuff will come at you, and how.  Not much else I can give other than that.  You'll get it.  I used to think Ikaruga was impossible the first time I played it.  After a while I can now beat it on normal without any continues.  I am sure as hell no master though like the guys on the Ikaruga Appreciation DVD.  That's the bar I need to get at.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 09:40:15 AM by geise »

oldskool

Blazing Lazers in God mode?   :-s  I don't even want to try.

Ikaruga is legendary.

Nintega

Avoid getting hit by bullets.  8)

That will be tough since the hitbox on the ship's sprite is pretty big.

Blazing Lazers in God mode?   :-s  I don't even want to try.

Ikaruga is legendary.

Even on normal, I think Ikaruga is sadistic.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 12:59:04 AM by Nintega »

Joe Redifer

I never really cared too much for Ikaruga.  I liked it at first, but the switching gimmick wore off on me really fast.  However I really enjoy Radiant Silvergun, probably more than most people.

geise

Besides Panzer Dragoon Saga, Radiant Silvergun is my favorite game on the Saturn.  Close behind those games is Soukyugurentai.  I do like Radian Silvergun a lot better than Ikaruga, but Ikaruga added a nice change in gameplay to a shooter.  It's definitely not a game for everyone.  As for Blazing Lazers on God of Game it's hard as hell but not impossible.  I haven't beaten it on that level but I can get to Stage 4 after dying a couple dozen times of course.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 01:40:08 AM by geise »

Tatsujin

I never really cared too much for Ikaruga.  I liked it at first, but the switching gimmick wore off on me really fast. 
very same here.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Nintega

I never really cared too much for Ikaruga.  I liked it at first, but the switching gimmick wore off on me really fast.  However I really enjoy Radiant Silvergun, probably more than most people.

Besides Panzer Dragoon Saga, Radiant Silvergun is my favorite game on the Saturn.  Close behind those games is Soukyugurentai.  I do like Radian Silvergun a lot better than Ikaruga, but Ikaruga added a nice change in gameplay to a shooter.  It's definitely not a game for everyone. As for Blazing Lazers on God of Game it's hard as hell but not impossible.  I haven't beaten it on that level but I can get to Stage 4 after dying a couple dozen times of course.

Yeah but I am being forced to use bombs constantly due to the cannons that take forever to kill and by the time I get to the boss, it is all over for me.

BTW if RSG wasn't like $300-$600, I would have got the game by now.  ](*,)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 02:04:02 AM by Nintega »

nectarsis

MAn $300-600..you REALLY need to look around man.  Seller on DigitalPress has a mint/complete copy with spine for $160. Even on Ebay theres only one above $260 (and ended auctions are from $130-180).  WHERE do you constantly see these ridiculous prices?
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Nintega

MAn $300-600..you REALLY need to look around man.  Seller on DigitalPress has a mint/complete copy with spine for $160. Even on Ebay theres only one above $260 (and ended auctions are from $130-180).  WHERE do you constantly see these ridiculous prices?

Ebay. Where else?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Radiant-Silvergun-Sega-Saturn-Complete-JP-RARE_W0QQitemZ220324904199QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Vintage_Video_Games?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

nectarsis

So the (by far highest) BIN is what a game goes for vs completed auctions?  #-o ](*,)  There's a number of lower priced BIN's.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Paisa49

Is this the same Nintega that got everyone's panties in a bunch last time?

Joe Redifer

Blazing Lazers is highly controversial!  :)

Nintega

Is this the same Nintega that got everyone's panties in a bunch last time?

Hello Paisa49. Who you speak of was my evil twin, Higharolla Cigarillo Cockamamie. I had to talk some sense into him after his diabolical terror attacks on this awesome forum. Sorry for the inconvenience.

On topic, anyone else beat BL on God?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 06:12:47 AM by Nintega »