Author Topic: FS: CD-ROM^2 drives  (Read 228 times)

nat

FS: CD-ROM^2 drives
« on: April 13, 2009, 03:28:56 PM »
So my wife and I are buying a house, and will be moving imminently. Over the coming days & weeks I will be listing lots of Turbo-related junk I no longer have the will to store and the time to deal with. I will be keeping my personal collection of course, so most of this stuff is gonna be incomplete/parts-worthy hardware I have accumulated over the past 20 years.

First up are two white NEC CD-ROM^2 drives. Neither of them work as-is, but you could combine the parts and make one working unit. Again, I just don't have the will or time to deal with this right now so it's gonna be up to the buyer to do it. One of the cases has yellowed so much it's basically orange, the other one is pretty white and looks real good. One of them is missing a plastic piece that is part of the laser carriage assembly. The other has a non-functioning laser. Both have working PCBs as far as I can tell in that they both power up and search for a disc.

MAKE OFFER
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 04:08:12 PM by nat »

override

Re: FS: CD-ROM^2 drives
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 11:01:34 AM »
PM'd

esteban

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 11:09:16 AM »
So my wife and I are buying a house, and will be moving imminently...

No excuses. Where have you been? I've been posting for at least 3 (yes, THREE) consecutive days.

Heck, it might even be a goddam week now!
  |    | 

override

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 05:13:36 PM »
Im sad to have to say I retracted my offer and will not be buying one of these....Good news for whoever needs em though!

SO THEY ARE BOTH STILL AVAILABLE AS FAR AS KNOW!

Sorry Nat, hope no hard feelings!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 10:53:55 AM by override »

nat

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 11:58:16 AM »
Bump, these are both still available.