Author Topic: WTB CD ROM UNIT!  (Read 538 times)

milkmanv1

WTB CD ROM UNIT!
« on: July 01, 2009, 06:24:06 AM »
Alright dudes and dudettes I just purchased a PC engine coregrafx!!! Thanks awack! So now I'll be needing a few extra bits

PC ENGINE GAMES!!!
I'm gonna be needing some games people! CD or not, I can play the cd games (as long as there not arcade card games) on my turbo duo! I'm really interested in cotton, altered beast, and the remake of ninja gaiden. I still want other stuff as long as its not an rpg or something requiring alot of japanese. So show me what cha got!

CD ROM UNIT!!!

I'm looking for a briefcase unit here people, Just the CD Rom and the interface. So please show me what cha got!!!

Thanks alot people!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 04:50:01 PM by milkmanv1 »

Mathius

Re: WTB PC ENGINE COREGRAFX 1 or 2 + CD ROM!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 06:27:03 PM »
If memory serves me, the PC Engine controller has a different pin-out than the US Duo's controller. The connector is the same size as the Duo's, but the pins are different. Sorry to burst your "extra controller" bubble  :(
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

BlackandBlue

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 09:05:54 PM »
If you are willing to wait a week or so, I should have a Core Grafx 2 for sale.  Console, matching remote, ac adapter, av wires and street fighter 2 HU/case.  But it's going to be hard to find a CGI or CGII *AND* a CD unit for $100.  The CG units alone will run you that amount.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 09:07:44 PM by BlackandBlue »
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

milkmanv1

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 01:19:03 AM »
well I've read many times that the TG-16 has the regular DIN connectors, where a PC engine and the turbo duo use a mini-DIN. Both are relatively common connection types, I don't really think they would bother changing the pinouts on a common connection type. So I'm still hopeful. Anyway black and blue, I was afraid of that (that I wouldnt be able to get a pc engine + cd unit for 100$) I found a online store that MIGHT have one in stock, but I'm waiting for them to get back to me. So if they do not, or shipping is insane, then I might buy yours. As long as your not trying to get a crazy amount for it... I always thought pc engine's were only worth about 50-70$...don't really know where I got that notion.

BlackandBlue

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 02:37:46 AM »
You might be able to find one for around $70 if you are patient. I'll probably be selling mine for closer to $90 or 100, since it is region modded.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 02:42:06 AM by BlackandBlue »
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 03:51:25 AM »
well I've read many times that the TG-16 has the regular DIN connectors, where a PC engine and the turbo duo use a mini-DIN. Both are relatively common connection types, I don't really think they would bother changing the pinouts on a common connection type.

You are correct; controllers can be shared between all of the consoles, excepting the sole oddball: the TG-16.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Mathius

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 04:33:26 AM »
well I've read many times that the TG-16 has the regular DIN connectors, where a PC engine and the turbo duo use a mini-DIN. Both are relatively common connection types, I don't really think they would bother changing the pinouts on a common connection type.

My mistake, thanks Nec.

You are correct; controllers can be shared between all of the consoles, excepting the sole oddball: the TG-16.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

milkmanv1

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 05:26:19 AM »
Yeah, I read that a few times, so now all I need is a console... I found a sight that has a pc engine and a cd rom drive for 90$ but I doubt they have it in stock and they take forever. So thats why I came here, I still might be interested in yours blackandblue, but I'd have to see what other offers I get.

milkmanv1

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 05:09:18 AM »
wow no one other then blackandblue has any pc engine stuff to sell?

Cmon guys!!

omotai

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 09:54:35 AM »
Keep in mind that most people here are collectors, not retailers. You'll have trouble finding people with spare stuff in their collections that they want to get rid of.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 03:56:36 AM »
Keep in mind that most people here are collectors, not retailers. You'll have trouble finding people with spare stuff in their collections that they want to get rid of.

Word; this is a forum, not a store.  What's up with people coming on here looking for stuff and acting all indignant when they don't immediately find what they're looking for?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

milkmanv1

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 08:32:44 AM »
Well I came over here from Neo-geo where people ALWAYS have stuff for sale..I mean I didn't really waltz in here expecting everything I want to drop in front of me for amazing prices. I just figured this would be a good place to start, uhh haha I guess I didn't really think that 90% of the people here were collectors and not really intent on selling anything. but that does infact make sense.

LMS

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 09:11:50 AM »
I have a boxed super cd-rom 2 in real nice condition, japanese psu included. I also have an unboxed but perfectly working Coregrafx 1 with an av lead and a 3 button controller. If memory serves me correctly the coregrafx may have the odd scratch on it. I was looking for about £120 for the two (the cd-rom being quite hard to find in this condition) but there would be shipping from the UK on top as well. I could probably chuck in some games cheap if it helped off-set the shipping.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll dig it all out and check everything's working. It's an extra setup as I use an RGB Duo-r to play on.

pictures of the cdrom...

http://www.inmosystems.com/misc_assets/for_sale/cdrom_1.jpg
http://www.inmosystems.com/misc_assets/for_sale/cdrom_2.jpg
http://www.inmosystems.com/misc_assets/for_sale/cdrom_3.jpg

maybe if I have time at the weekend I'll have a clear out and get a load of Jap PCE stuff up here. I said in another thread that I would scan the Richard Gibbs guide and post it too but time is the enemy as usual.

milkmanv1

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 09:59:40 AM »
Hmm i dunno, thats a tad steep considering i'm US .. But you said you might be having a clearout of other PC engine stuff?? Or just listing what you offered me...?

LMS

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 12:46:21 AM »
just made a for sale post with more details here...

https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=7145.0