Author Topic: RGB Amp design schematic! Hope it helps serve many amps to come!  (Read 769 times)

BlueBMW

Re: RGB Amp design schematic! Hope it helps serve many amps to come!
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2011, 02:08:23 PM »
...I pulled out incredibleharks system to finally finish it. He has waited patiently for quite a long time, and the system is long overdue for being repaired and sent back.

Very glad to hear that man!  He contacted me about repairing a second broken Duo that he got.  He'll be thrilled to hear from you!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

override

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2014, 08:08:53 AM »
I just wanted to give an update on the thread, I know its years old but hey I felt I should finish up where I left off. The schematic is edited into the first post as a PDF download. Thanks guys!

NightWolve

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2014, 11:43:26 PM »
Is this the best RGB amp, would you say ? Is the DC offset filtered out by these chips ?

I'd like to know 2 things:

1) The best transistor-based circuit that you can build yourself with spare parts (caps, resistors, 2n3904 transistors, etc.).

2) The best op-amp type circuit, fully tweaked with confidence, yadda yadda, etc. should I ever choose to buy one of these custom chips and experiment.

override

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2014, 04:33:18 AM »
Is this the best RGB amp, would you say ? Is the DC offset filtered out by these chips ?

I'd like to know 2 things:

1) The best transistor-based circuit that you can build yourself with spare parts (caps, resistors, 2n3904 transistors, etc.).

2) The best op-amp type circuit, fully tweaked with confidence, yadda yadda, etc. should I ever choose to buy one of these custom chips and experiment.

I don't think this is necessarily the best RGB amp but I know it works really well, I have built and used the RGB amp using the ths7314dr chip and while that is a much smaller and simpler amp I don't find it to be nearly as effective. As for the DC offset (assuming your talking about alignment of the picture to the center of screen) I would say it is fairly perfect. I have used this amp in several NEC systems and it has yet to yield varying results, always a much brighter picture with more clarity and seems to be centered very well on the screen of choice.

1) I have never built a transistor based circuit out of spare parts. I do not claim to be, and I know I am not, as good as you and charlie and any of the other circuit guru's out there. I am simple man, that reads and researches a lot and figures things out on (mostly) a common sense based outlook. The audio circuits that I have discovered chips for to replace was all through tracing circuits back to the source with a multimeter and then trial and error.

2) I don't believe I would ever be building these to sell, that is why I made the "user friendly" schematic and put it out to the public. It is not my original work although I had considered at one time to design a board based around this circuit that would allow someone to just plug in the chips, solder the components and go. I would be more than happy to build and send you one of these amps for you to test out though.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 05:08:40 AM by override »

Ravij

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2014, 05:59:29 AM »
I can vouch for the NJM2267 based amps giving good results.

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=10801.msg358650#msg358650

The IC are available in DIP or surface mount packages, and can be easily got on EBay for a few dollars.

I will hopefully be getting another RGB amp next month based on a different IC (4 channel LT6551) so I will probably try that out and see how it compares.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 06:04:23 AM by Ravij »