Author Topic: 1up.com TurboGrafx-16 Retrospective  (Read 458 times)

esteban

Re: 1up.com TurboGrafx-16 Retrospective
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2009, 03:39:31 AM »
A year of time in a new technology is a very long time.

Plus, I think he was being conservative. He didn't want to make a bold claim, so he played it safe. CD-ROM was a very expensive, cutting-edge technology in the late 80's consumer computer world.

Without the PCE CD-ROM, it is safe to assume that we'd still be using floppy disks! Believe.

|    | 

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 10:41:54 AM »
The people that make inaccurate comments about systems are people that never owned them/played alot of games on em, got suckered into NINTENDO IS TEH BEST LOLZ or SEGA GENESIS DOES WHAT NINTENDONT and repeat facts they have read/heard a'la the old game of telephone:

Fact: Final Fantasy VII is on 3 Discs

translation by doofus: DUDE THEY PUT 3 DISCS WORTH OF STUFF ON ONE CD BECAUSE SQUARE IS TEH AWESUM

Fact: Jaguar is 64 bit but still sucks
translation: dude! its 64 bits that maens it teh BEST THING EVER.  Its liek virutal realty!

misinformed fanboys with 1-up mushroom shirts they bought at the mall with their mommies money, I imagine.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

TurbografxKid

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 12:38:44 PM »
Very nice enjoyable article. It brought back memories. I purchased my Turbo Duo during that last year of 1993. And it was only by chance that I ended up with one. I was really trying to get a hold of the CD attachment for my Turbo Grafx 16. The mailorder place had ran out of them when I ordered. So as a supplement they sent me the Turbo Duo. At that time paying $149.00 for the Duo was a big bargain. Needless to say I was one happy camper. Or gamer.