Author Topic: Time Cruise: better than the Crushes?  (Read 795 times)

D-Lite

Time Cruise: better than the Crushes?
« on: June 17, 2005, 05:58:52 PM »
I for the longest time have held out that Alien Crush is by far and away the best pinball on TG, with respect to Devil's Crush which is great in it's own right.  I always had something special for Alien Crush though.

But.

Recently I have become reacquainted with Time Cruise and it's a lot of fun.  Much deeper than the Crush games and pretty graphics for sure.  I just can't decide though if it's got that *feel*, you know?  There is a certain charm to the others, but does that make them better than Time Cruise?

Thoughts?
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
http://www.multimods.com

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 07:43:02 PM »
maybe the feeling you get is from the fact that the Crush games are way older,yet way ahead of their time.They brought more to the table all thing sconsidered back when they were released then what Time Cruise did when it was released.The Crush games have no flaws.

nodtveidt

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 01:50:40 AM »
I much prefer Time Cruise myself. :D

D-Lite

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 05:04:43 AM »
I think the main reason I stick with Alien Crush is the ability to switch soundtracks, both of which I think are awesome, and the more frequent bonus screens.
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
http://www.multimods.com

GUTS

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 07:45:56 AM »
Time Cruise is better, there's just more stuff to it.  I like the Crush games though, hell any pinball game with an actual ending is awesome.

guyjin

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 03:10:25 PM »
I always heard that Devil's crush was the better game... Not having it, I can't compare it to alien crush, which I do have. Should I seek it out?
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Keranu

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 03:24:07 PM »
Time Cruise is certainly a fun video pinball game as well. The board is quite large, has lotsa fun mini-games, interesting time machine concept, and that cool sound menu thing. However I know exactly how you feel because I still think Alien's Crush and Devil's Crush are better, just because of the feel of them. Well actually Devil's Crush has tons of gameplay to it and it's quite the technical game when you think ab00t it because of all the ways to obtain score, which makes it stronger as a pinball game itself. It's just kind of weird why Time Cruise can't be accepted as a better game than the Crushes for me, but I think Devil's Crush will stand as the greatest video pinball game of all time. I'll have to try that House of the Dead Pinball that Sega knocked-off Devil's Crush sometime.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nodtveidt

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 03:00:05 AM »
Because "Devil's Crush" just sounds so much cooler. :D Other than that...Time Cruise is certainly a superior game...all three are very good games though so the margin of greatness between them is very thin.

zborgerd

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 02:34:06 AM »
Quote from: "guyjin"
I always heard that Devil's crush was the better game... Not having it, I can't compare it to alien crush, which I do have. Should I seek it out?

Both games are similar.  I think that Devil's Crush has a slightly better "theme"...  Or, more interesting.  Both are great games though.

I've never played Time Cruise before, but it looks like an interesting game.

torgo

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 04:42:00 AM »
Time Cruise was great, but very static. Alien crush was completely bug free, but didn't have much variety. Devil's Crush is still the best overall, and not that crappy Genesis abomination Devil's Crash.
PS Nation

AlexKidd

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 11:02:08 AM »
I've played and enjoy all three games. I'd rank them:

1.Devil's Crush
2.Alien Crush
3.Time Cruise

There's nothing wrong with time cruise that I can think of. Devil's Crush and Alien Crush just have a certain feel to them,as someone else stated.

pixeljunkie

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2005, 03:23:54 AM »
Quote from: "AlexKidd"
I've played and enjoy all three games. I'd rank them:

1.Devil's Crush
2.Alien Crush
3.Time Cruise

There's nothing wrong with time cruise that I can think of. Devil's Crush and Alien Crush just have a certain feel to them,as someone else stated.

agreed

twor2005

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2005, 08:55:47 PM »
I could have sworn that there was a Time Cruise 2 announced at some point. I assumed it was on PCE but I don't see it on the lists. Any info on this?

nodtveidt

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2005, 02:34:00 AM »
I have both Time Cruise and Time Cruise II. I think that what we in the US know as Time Cruise is actually Time Cruise II in Japan.

Time Cruise here has a copyright year of 1992 and is a US cart, but Time Cruise II has a copyright date of 1991 and is a Japan cart. These games are the same thing.

Oh and guys...this game also has two main soundtracks. :)

twor2005

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2005, 11:05:25 AM »
So what happenned to Time Cruise I? It doesn't seem to be a PCE game, and I checked my list and don't see it as a Famicom game either.