Author Topic: Turbografx-16/Turbo Duo Collecting Reference  (Read 3569 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Turbografx-16/Turbo Duo Collecting Reference
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2010, 08:58:51 AM »
Have manual scans for the US games been scanned already somewhere?

Replacement Docs has quite a few, but by no means all of 'em.

Would anyone find this useful?

I personally wouldn't, at least not for the entire library, as I'd rather pay a few bucks and get the real deal.  Surely there's a lot of other peeps, though, that just want something to fill the case and would greatly appreciate quality scans. 
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2010, 11:39:29 PM »
A while back in chat Zeon mentioned to me that manual scans would be nice.  Have manual scans for the US games been scanned already somewhere?  Would anyone find this useful?  It would be a fair amount of work (and I would have to buy a scanner) so if I would be wasting my time please let me know. 

Would anyone like to see it done?

A few years ago some dude (I want to say "Validus" but I don't think that's correct. OK, his name was "avatarloki" and you could download the manuals at avatarloki.com) over at magicengine.com forums scanned nearly all the U.S. manuals.

I thought it was a great idea, especially because I had scanned ~40 manuals on my own before getting tired. I had intended on hosting all the manuals at my site, but then I moved on to other projects...

...we could simply find the avatarloki's stuff and make it available again (the were OK quality scans).

I think it would be great to have all the manuals available.

TANGENT: We could also be crazy (I'm a perfectionist, at times). If you (we) did this, I would love to do it right:

A. Start from scratch. Create PDF's with high quality scans (Phase 1).

B. After getting that done, and making them available, I would like to embark on Phase 2: I have software that uses OCR to convert images to text, embeds the text, and then spits out a PDF. The original look and feel of the manual is untouched... AND...

Embedded text makes the PDF's searchable. I always thought this would be a wonderful resource (searchable scans), and I want to do this with my magazine scans as well. Of course, the OCR is not perfect and I have to manually fix any garbled nonsense generates.

Anyway, if you were willing to scan, I would be happy to help out with other stuff (hosting the files, working on OCR, designing a nice-looking page layout, etc. etc.)

« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:43:30 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

RoyVegas

« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2010, 04:39:51 AM »
Oh sure esteban, take an already large possible project and turn it into an epic one.  :lol:  Let's see if some more people are interested in the manual scans and we can go from there.  If there are people that want it done then I'll take you up on that offer.  I'd much rather it be up on your site where it can actually look nice.  My web skills are obviously nil lol.
All is well. :)

Sparky

« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2010, 05:28:27 AM »
well, to add into the f*ckery i have all the tg16 box scans for the fronts and backs.... i download these awhile ago i beleive from working designs site before it closed down :(
Anyway i was using them to make some custom inserts for myself before i went sticker crazy :P there are no water marks on them and there ok scans at 5x6 100dpi.
I have these individually or stuffed/zipped (35mb) if anyone has a domain to hold these for downloading.

just throwing that out there....

RoyVegas

« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2010, 08:06:46 AM »
I wouldn't mind getting a copy of them Sparky (If you don't mind).  I have no clue how I can put them on my site but I'll give it a try.  I'll send you a PM.

mrhaboobi

« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2010, 12:04:15 PM »
i believe i still might also have that zip of images, but would have to find them.. Roy i lke the site, keen to help as much as i can and go through my gear as well..

now wouldnt it all kill us if there were magical chase variations ;)
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

mrhaboobi

« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2010, 12:44:39 PM »
Also a question, did you get around to seperating the French/candaian  and US boxes and manauls out?  I know i have a jackie chan that also has french instructions..   plus a few others..
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

Alydnes Super Grafx

RoyVegas

« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2010, 04:19:49 AM »
i believe i still might also have that zip of images, but would have to find them.. Roy i lke the site, keen to help as much as i can and go through my gear as well..

Helps never turned down and always appreciated.

Also a question, did you get around to seperating the French/candaian  and US boxes and manauls out? 

I sure did take out all the pics with French/Canadian boxes and manuals.  I really hadn't paid that close attention to that when I took the pics the first time.  All of the pics up now are the US versions. 

mrhaboobi

« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2010, 07:32:38 AM »
id be keen to know what you found out about the french / Candadian stuff.. i think its useful to have perhaps in an additional section?
Looking for (MINT ONLY)

Alydnes Super Grafx

RoyVegas

« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2010, 07:55:47 AM »
id be keen to know what you found out about the french / Candadian stuff.. i think its useful to have perhaps in an additional section?

I can't say that I really found anything out about the French/Canadian stuff yet.  I've mainly been focused on the U.S. stuff.  I don't really have enough of it to really add an additional section right now.

esteban

« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2010, 12:21:09 AM »
Oh sure esteban, take an already large possible project and turn it into an epic one.  :lol:  Let's see if some more people are interested in the manual scans and we can go from there.  If there are people that want it done then I'll take you up on that offer.  I'd much rather it be up on your site where it can actually look nice.  My web skills are obviously nil lol.

Hahahahahhahhahaha!

I know.

Well, folks, anyone out there with lots of stuff, if you are willing to help... :)

I have nearly all the manuals, but I am missing some that cost $$$, so we'll see...

|    | 

RoyVegas

« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2010, 02:50:07 PM »
Well, folks, anyone out there with lots of stuff, if you are willing to help... :)

I didn't mean I wasn't willing to help.  I just meant I will help with the scans, I just prefer it on your site where it will look good.  I'm more than happy to do whatever scans you need me to. 

Speak up people, do you want a full run of manual scans?

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2010, 09:26:15 AM »
Sorry to change the discussion....but

just curious:

How many US/ Import TG16/CD/SCD/PCE/ACD/SGFX games does everyone own?

me?  I'm at a whopping 6! WAHOO!!

Just got:
Blazing Lazers
Legendary Axe
Vigilante
TV Sports Hockey
TV Sports Football
and Implode on SCD! 

:)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2010, 09:42:52 AM »

I have somewhere around 150 games.  Check out PCE Daisakusen!!, where many members have listed their PCE/TG collections, as should you; it's what all the cool kids are doing nowadays.

P.S. - Sorry about 1/3 of your collection being TV Sports titles.  :|
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2010, 09:54:40 AM »

P.S. - Sorry about 1/3 of your collection being TV Sports titles.  :|

I'll have to quickly get TV sports Basketball to make it a clean 3/7 of my collection!!  :D

And thanks Necro-
http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/29/my-collection.htm   

:)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 10:03:43 AM by turboStar »