Author Topic: Turbografx-16/Turbo Duo Collecting Reference  (Read 3604 times)

esteban

Re: Turbografx-16/Turbo Duo Collecting Reference
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2010, 04:21:59 AM »
(Here come the flames).

Anyone with two sealed copies of Takin' It To The Hoop deserves to be flamed.  Hell, you're practically begging for it!

Hahahhaahhahahahaa.

|    | 

RoyVegas

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2010, 04:24:17 AM »
(Here come the flames).

Anyone with two sealed copies of Takin' It To The Hoop deserves to be flamed.  Hell, you're practically begging for it!

Aww but one is the US version and the other is the Canadian version.  The boxes are different and I'm a sucker for variations.  :-"
All is well. :)

esteban

« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2010, 05:02:00 AM »
(Here come the flames).

Aww but one is the US version and the other is the Canadian version.  The boxes are different and I'm a sucker for variations.  :-"

You know, I like to have Canadian boxes as well, since I didn't even know they existed until a few years ago. It's neat to see how they squeezed all that text on the back :).

All is OK.
  |    | 

RoyVegas

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2010, 05:09:02 AM »
(Here come the flames).

You know, I like to have Canadian boxes as well, since I didn't even know they existed until a few years ago. It's neat to see how they squeezed all that text on the back :).

All is OK.

Yup, usually the same pics will be on the back of the box but the upper 2 pics will have the US text and the lower 2 pics have the french text.  All of the text is super small.  It's pretty cool really.

Sparky

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2010, 12:18:56 PM »
Asks the man with the 700+ game pc engine collection?  :lol:  We don't have to be rich to have a small collection of mostly $25 or cheaper games.

ya some are $25 or cheaper...& Did you say we? cause your the true high roller here Roy :P

RoyVegas

« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2010, 12:25:13 PM »
Asks the man with the 700+ game pc engine collection?  :lol:  We don't have to be rich to have a small collection of mostly $25 or cheaper games.

ya some are $25 or cheaper...& Did you say we? cause your the true high roller here Roy :P

If you consider having a collection thats worth a few thousand dollars a high roller then you need a better job my friend! :P

Love the pic by the way.  He is actually wearing a proximity suit, I have one in my garage.  I used to be a fireman.

Tatsujin

« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2010, 12:26:16 PM »
here comes the flame, nanananaaa.. here comes the flame.. and I say it's all right.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Sparky

« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2010, 12:49:14 PM »

If you consider having a collection thats worth a few thousand dollars a high roller then you need a better job my friend! :P

Love the pic by the way.  He is actually wearing a proximity suit, I have one in my garage.  I used to be a fireman.

haha..You throw out the richie line so i had to throw a little dig at ya, cause you are 1 to talk.. high roller :P
how much have you spent on your collection?... most expensive game? or multiple games?

I have a complete collection as well man equal to yours & i am proud to say i have spent very little, i think the most i spent was $120 for Bonk 3...
ya who cares but just called ya out from the line ya dropped at taters :) all good

RoyVegas

« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2010, 01:42:03 PM »
most expensive game? or multiple games?

Most expensive was Dynastic Hero: $400
Magical Chase $225
Super Air Zonk: $225 (was the last game I needed if I can recall, so I wen't a little higher)
M&M III : $150

Everything else was $100 or cheaper if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I know.  You probably got them alot cheaper.  May I ask what the most you paid was?

ceti alpha

« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2010, 01:45:00 PM »
The most I've paid for, so far, was $75 for Drac X. However, I realize that if I want to own some of the more rare games I'm going to have to dig deeper into my wallet. I'm in no rush though - slow and steady.  :mrgreen:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

RoyVegas

« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2010, 01:51:07 PM »
The most I've paid for, so far, was $75 for Drac X. However, I realize that if I want to own some of the more rare games I'm going to have to dig deeper into my wallet. I'm in no rush though - slow and steady.  :mrgreen:

Probably a good idea.  It seems SOME of the prices have to come down a little on the higher end stuff. 

Actually this would make for an interesting topic.  Lemme make one.

TR0N

« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2010, 09:16:31 PM »
That's been my thing as well on old console lately.It is best to stick what you can buy then buy the expensive titles later on.I have been looking at maybe buying some pce games again,but then i see the price and i cringe and i slowly step away.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ceti alpha

« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2010, 12:30:58 AM »
(Here come the flames).

All is OK.

I'll take a look around to see what Canadian boxes I have.  :mrgreen: To me the all English boxes are foreign. lol  :wink:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

esteban

« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2010, 12:55:32 AM »
(Here come the flames).

All is OK.

I'll take a look around to see what Canadian boxes I have.  :mrgreen: To me the all English boxes are foreign. lol  :wink:

Do that, and I'll take them off your hands. :)

I think we used to have a list here (or at magicengine) of all the verified Canadian releases.
  |    | 

RoyVegas

« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2010, 08:43:00 AM »
A while back in chat Zeon mentioned to me that manual scans would be nice.  Have manual scans for the US games been scanned already somewhere?  Would anyone find this useful?  It would be a fair amount of work (and I would have to buy a scanner) so if I would be wasting my time please let me know. 

Would anyone like to see it done?