Author Topic: Turbografx-16/Turbo Duo Collecting Reference  (Read 3542 times)

esteban

Re: Turbografx-16/Turbo Duo Collecting Reference
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2010, 08:08:47 PM »
Maybe it is just because the game is so awful.  The poster would be much more ace if it didn't mention the game.

Damn you Vegas guys are defensive about your "sport."

No, the poster is ace because it flaunts its crappiness & its TG-16 glory.

Also: HOW HARD CAN YOU HIT?

:)
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2010, 04:48:49 AM »
Where's the Super System Card v3.0?  I'm looking at one, but I'm almost certain that the back liner has been reproduced (it looks like it was done on a laser printer, complete with slight banding).  Would you happen to have some good pics of the liner removed from the case?

This box was saved from an attacking pack of rabid wolves. Sad!

:lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

RoyVegas

« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2010, 05:29:01 AM »
Where's the Super System Card v3.0?  I'm looking at one, but I'm almost certain that the back liner has been reproduced (it looks like it was done on a laser printer, complete with slight banding).  Would you happen to have some good pics of the liner removed from the case?

I hadn't had any plans on adding accessories, sytems, or system cards to the site but you're the second person who asked (blackandblue asked earlier).  I guess I should get some pics up there.  It will take me a bit to get the pics on the site so to help you alil faster Necro I'll take the pics tonight and put them up in the thread first.  I'll add them to the site later.
All is well. :)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2010, 05:35:30 AM »
Thanks for that.  I suppose I don't really need pics, but rather confirmation that it should have a 'normal' liner (i.e. - professional offset printed heavyweight paper).

RoyVegas

« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2010, 06:45:24 AM »
Thanks for that.  I suppose I don't really need pics, but rather confirmation that it should have a 'normal' liner (i.e. - professional offset printed heavyweight paper).

I go home for lunch in a little over an hour and will check on this for you.  The hevyweight paper is pretty obvious however I am unclear what you mean by offset printed..  Can you clarify exactly what you mean?  Just want to make sure I know what I'm looking for.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2010, 07:06:05 AM »
Can you clarify exactly what you mean?

Offset printing presses are used for most professionally printed stuff (magazines, brochures, etc.), so in other words: does the print quality look like the manuals and liners from every other game (glossy finish with smooth and continuous coloring), or does it look like somebody whipped it out at home on an inkjet/laser printer?  I'd be really surprised if it isn't professionally printed, considering it didn't come out that late in the Turbo's run (like the DEII second prints and their b&w xerox manuals), but I'd like to make absolutely sure before telling someone they're copy is incomplete.

RoyVegas

« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2010, 07:14:37 AM »
Thanks for the clarification Necro, 45 mins until I go home for lunch, I'll let ya know then.

RoyVegas

« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2010, 08:18:55 AM »
Ok I took a close look at the back of the card's back insert and it's definately printed on the same paper as all of the other games back inserts.  It is glossy with continuous coloring.  Along the folds where the sides meet the back are perforated just like other CD games are.  Hopefully this helps you out, if not just let me know.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2010, 08:21:31 AM »
That settles it, the copy I'm looking at is definitely a reproduction.  Thanks, Roy.

RoyVegas

« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2010, 07:53:30 PM »
Added the system cards to the site since Necro got me motivated.  I have more to add soon.

wmacmonagle

« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2010, 10:52:44 AM »
Unfortunately, we mgiht leave this as mystery for a while.  My sealed Championship Forever Boxing sold to one serious collector.

Shrug!  Was about to open (today) if they did not made the payment but surely did paid!

Hope someone else will answer to this one soon

LOL LOL.. yes im just asking cuz i have sealed and maybe we get answer from this one!.. if other seller falls.. maybe i should open and see what s in it?

This way I donate to community the knowledge???!!! (as if they falls)

The Sales and Trades section is right below the Discussion section..     [-X

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Sooooo, anyone know anything about this here cool poster?   :lol:
Arcade Line Up: UDOT, Multi-Vector Duel, Tempest Multi, Mini-Galaga, Z-Hyperspin, X360 Blast City, Spiderman Pin, 96 in 1 PacMan

RoyVegas

« Reply #131 on: April 05, 2010, 12:14:04 PM »
It will be hard to tell even if you did open your sealed copy.  Some games came with posters and some didn't.  For instance some Tale Spins came with a poster and some didn't.  How do I know?  I opened one just for the poster and it wasn't there.  You have to buy a Tale Spin that is clearly marked with a sticker that says "poster inside."

wmacmonagle

« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2010, 01:05:59 PM »
isee..

mine has no stickers saying poster inside.  when you opened one.  black edition or red?

if its black one.. maybe poster inside come out with red only?

It will be hard to tell even if you did open your sealed copy.  Some games came with posters and some didn't.  For instance some Tale Spins came with a poster and some didn't.  How do I know?  I opened one just for the poster and it wasn't there.  You have to buy a Tale Spin that is clearly marked with a sticker that says "poster inside."
Arcade Line Up: UDOT, Multi-Vector Duel, Tempest Multi, Mini-Galaga, Z-Hyperspin, X360 Blast City, Spiderman Pin, 96 in 1 PacMan

RoyVegas

« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2010, 07:36:40 AM »
when you opened one.  black edition or red?

if its black one.. maybe poster inside come out with red only?

You have two different things I said confused.  What I was saying about opening one for the poster was Tale Spin.

Also added a bunch of stuff to the site.  I added a accessories, converters, magazines, consoles, system cards, misc. and books sections.  I don't have all of the pics up yet but there are some up.  I'm slowly workin on it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 07:39:13 AM by RoyVegas »

Sparky

« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2010, 09:09:13 AM »
Ya drive me nuts at times Roy but your site actually made me aware of Insanity that i totally missed the boat on <<blush>>
It is a helpful picture resource for those die hard collectors out there, So i will take back what i said that this is a big show and tell site for ya.... ummmm......nah no i wont :P huggles!!!!!

Now, If you could just get things as clickable links as the flood of picts all coming up at once makes me want to choke ya!!!