Author Topic: OBEY TEH MUZIK!!  (Read 1065 times)

esteban

Re: OBEY TEH MUZIK!!
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2010, 05:11:46 PM »
Digi.k, for Animotion, look no further than "I Engineer". Great, great song.

For Heaven 17, look no further than: The Height of the Fighting. Friggin' fantastic. Of course, Geisha Boys and Temple Girls ... and Let's All Make A Bomb are superb as well (from the same album).

I wish Heaven 17 did more "experimental pop" stuff in this vein... another fabulous band, OMD, actually did a lot of eccentric stuff on their earlier albums as well (i.e. The New Stone Age, great song).

I don't need to say anything about Kraftwerk or New Order... except perhaps that Kraftwerk used this!

« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 05:16:22 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

ceti alpha

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2010, 05:42:16 PM »
I don't need to say anything about Kraftwerk or New Order... except perhaps that Kraftwerk used this!

New Order. I like your style este.  8)

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Digi.k

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2010, 03:30:15 AM »
omg feels like sooo much weight off me now XD 

Been hunting down the name and group who made this song and video for years now and finally found it :P

Royksopp - Eple  (video is poor quality but the sound is the best I could find)

EDIT:
better quality here on daily motion
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ecxv_royksopp-eple_music#from=embed?start=90

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 04:13:39 AM by Digi.k »

geise

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2010, 03:57:16 AM »
That video for the song is awesome!  I wonder what they used to put it together.  Probably after effects or similar.  Thanks for sharing Digi.k

Some recent music for me is a new Cynic ep: Re-traced

Also picked up the new Nevermore album Obsidian Conspiracy

Opethian

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2010, 08:40:20 AM »
another metal head!! \m/ I loved Traced in Air by Cynic. The first album Focus and those DEMOs are real good (too bad that singer died). Didnt know Nevermore was even around anymore lol. I've been listening to Amorphis' new album Skyforger (2009)

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

geise

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2010, 03:41:44 PM »
Yeah I'm a metal head at heart, but I love so many different kinds of music.  I'm a huge Mats/Morgan fan.    Mats Oberg is the keyboardist and is blind.  He was playing Stevie Wonder stuff at the age of 7 and started at age 2.  Morgan Agren is my favorite drummer.

This is a great thread started and I'm surprised this hasn't stayed active as long as other threads?  I'd like to revamp it with some game music.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 07:15:25 AM by geise »