Author Topic: Midwest Gaming Classic 2010  (Read 497 times)

jboypacman

Midwest Gaming Classic 2010
« on: November 11, 2009, 07:44:44 AM »
Who is all going next year? I missed this year but i plan on making the trip in 2010 and its at a new location too....

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/news/55/15/Midwest-Gaming-Classic-Location-Announced-and-Tickets-On-Sale/
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 12:47:35 PM by jboypacman »

esteban

Re: Midwest Gaming Classic 2010
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 08:01:49 AM »
Where the heck is Wisconsin, anyway?

Seriously.

Isn't it a territory in Canada?

|    | 

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 08:16:40 AM »
I'll be there!

nectarsis

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 05:18:26 PM »

Seriously.

*Kicks Esteban for the MASSIVE insult to Wisconsin*  The mapplers are encroaching our area, but their fully distracted by Molson Ice (in sparkys case red wine), and grazing wild donair keep them occupied. ;)

Df going this year.  New location makes it even easier to plan other things to do thru out the weekend   :dance: :dance:
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

esteban

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 11:47:20 PM »

Seriously.

*Kicks Esteban for the MASSIVE insult to Wisconsin*  The mapplers are encroaching our area, but their fully distracted by Molson Ice (in sparkys case red wine), and grazing wild donair keep them occupied. ;)

Df going this year.  New location makes it even easier to plan other things to do thru out the weekend   :dance: :dance:

Don't even get me started on donair! That post (video) about donair left a bad taste in my mouth. :)

At least I can't blame Wisconsin for donair.

I'd opt for a falafel and fatoush salad, myself.

|    | 

blueraven

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 05:03:30 PM »

Seriously.

FAIL

If I make it back this year I will attend.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

esteban

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 01:15:43 AM »
I still don't understand why anyone is offended. :(

Wisconsin (and the uncharted territories surrounding it) is a wildlife preserve, correct? That's kool, I support the park systems in the US and Canada.

|    | 

blueraven

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 07:22:01 AM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I make it back to my lean-to before the wild Moose herd then we'll be ale to continue this conversation.

Wisconsin, Ho!
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Tom

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 03:34:45 AM »
Cold-as-f*ck Wisconsin?? Great... I bet it's cold even in the summer time :(

SignOfZeta

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 05:14:09 AM »
I only go to things like this now if they are close, or if I can somehow combine the event with other cool things in the area. Obviously Wisconsin...isn't the best place for this kind of thing.

Too bad, because I'd like to go some day. They should try moving it around like Bot Con (this year Pasadena, last year Cincinnati). I'd go if it were in Chicago, for example.

KingDrool

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 04:22:54 AM »
It's just outside of Milwaukee, which isn't THAT far from Chicago.  And is Cincinnati really that much better than Milwaukee?  I mean...it's freakin' Cincinnati...  In addition, the guys who put this on are all from the Milwaukee area and it's a big enough challenge to get it organzed - while working their day jobs and leading their lives - without having to deal with a changing location.

Anyway, I'll be there with the DGR crew again.  Same booth, same shenanigans.  See you there!
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 06:58:57 AM »
This time my goal is to into the show and purchase my first piece towards rebuilding a Turbo collection.  At the time of the show it will have been two years since I've owned anything Turbo.

so anyone of you looking to sell a TG16 or a Duo bring them and I'll take em off your hands.!!!

:)

ceti alpha

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 01:02:37 PM »

Seriously.

:lol:

Seriously.

Df going this year.  New location makes it even easier to plan other things to do thru out the weekend   :dance: :dance:

Don't even get me started on donair! That post (video) about donair left a bad taste in my mouth. :)

At least I can't blame Wisconsin for donair.

I'd opt for a falafel and fatoush salad, myself.

:lol: :lol:

That donair video was supposed to leave a bad taste in your mouth. Robert's Donair is infamous here. It's the last resort of the desperate. lol

Now excuse me. All this typing is keeping me from my Molson Ice. lol  :P

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

esteban

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 04:04:39 AM »
That donair video was supposed to leave a bad taste in your mouth. Robert's Donair is infamous here. It's the last resort of the desperate. lol

Now excuse me. All this typing is keeping me from my Molson Ice. lol  :P

Infamous you say--thank goodness :) .

I loved watching Degrassi back in the 80's (it aired on PBS here). I'll always respect Canada for Degrassi. No, I'm not joking. Loved that show.

|    | 

guyjin

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 09:51:27 AM »
So the MGC is next weekend. Who's still going?

We had an issue last year of some members not seeing each other.
My suggestion: click and drag over the area to the left of your posts (i.e. where your user name and icon are.) so that they are both selected. then go into your file menu and select the "print..." option. Choose "print selection" on the dialog box.

When you come, use a lanyard or safety pin or something to hang/show the printed page so that it's visible. This way, we can ensure we are recognizable to each other :)
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin