Author Topic: Space Fantasy Zone - No end in sight?  (Read 1633 times)

nat

Space Fantasy Zone - No end in sight?
« on: December 08, 2009, 12:55:02 PM »
We've probably gone over this before, but I'm too lazy to try to use the forum's crappy search function. I get a pass since I'm a moderator.  :D

I've been meaning to ask for a while, but I wanted to beat the game in all three modes first to be sure-- this game has no ending? Upon beating the final boss in any of the three difficulty modes, on my copy the screen just goes black and the console becomes unresponsive (RUN+SELECT won't even work). I have one of those reproduction copies of the game from anime4ever. I haven't tried it with a plain ISO I downloaded myself. Is this normal for this game, or is it just my copy/the reproduction copies?

I seem to recall, in the depths of my memory of long lost threads of years gone by, that this is just the way the game is but that could be my mind fabricating a memory remnant to appease my frustration.

Tatsujin

Re: Space Fantasy Zone - No end in sight?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 01:48:12 PM »
I think it's normal, since that anime4ever fellow uses nothing else than the already since many years known ISO from the net. there is no other version iic. unless NEC AVE decides to finish the game, we just have to live with that very special non-resetable black screen ending.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

nat

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 01:50:47 PM »
OK, so that is just the way the ISO is. That's what I need to know, thank you.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 01:53:36 PM »
Does anime4ever use the MP3 audio that came with the ISO, too?  Or did he get access to the original uncompressed music tracks?

nat

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 01:56:58 PM »
Who knows. I haven't been bothered to rip the tracks and check for clipping or anything of that nature. I wouldn't at all be surprised if it was just the MP3 tracks that are widely available.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 01:42:20 AM »
Does anime4ever use the MP3 audio that came with the ISO, too?  Or did he get access to the original uncompressed music tracks?

Their website says it has 'corrected audio tracks', whatever that means.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Tatsujin

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 01:46:08 AM »
IIRC, the sounds were always cutted abrubtly after a level was beat (or so?). may be they made a nice fade out or sumssin :-k
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Black Tiger

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 03:23:40 AM »
I got my copy from someone in Japan who's copy was supposed to be directly copied from an original "prototype". If that story (by Thibault?) is true about a secret pact by a group to keep the game for themselves, the person who made it for me could likely be one of those people.

Anyways, I've never noticed any music tracks cutting out and I remember a Yoshi's Island style crayon cinema ending. But maybe it's just an advertise mode I'm remembering since I haven't played it in years. But I do know that I've never played an iso/mp3 version.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 04:27:38 AM »
I have never played this game.

Sadness.

Sorrow...

|    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 03:04:35 AM »
I have never played this game.

Sadness.

Sorrow...

Download the iso now.

Happiness.

Joy...
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

cosmos99

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 09:18:34 AM »
Someone can tell me please where to download the mp3/iso ? I own the recent "release" of the game and one that is said to be from the proto(having that audio bug) , there were no difference in term of audio quality , verified with some pc software,i'd like to compare with the mp3/iso. Thanks!

cosmos99

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 04:27:19 AM »
Thanks necromancer for the links !  :) Will tell the results once i have them.

cosmos99

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 03:42:18 AM »
Happy new year all !  :)

Well , just have realised doing a spectrum analisys between the mp3 iso and the released/proto version is useless , the one i have downloaded has bad audio of course , may be it could depends how much it was compressed ,but i will show you the result however :

spectrum analisys from the mp3 version :

spectrum analisys from the released version :

Unfortunatelly after i had bought the released version , i throw away my proto iso... because i thought the released version was better with corrected audio bugs.Now i would need it again. :roll:

What would be better to compare would be the data track from black tiger version ,with the rest , i don't know if it would match with the released version because of the correction , and i don't know if it was done to the data track ? So black tiger , could you please send me(or upload) wether the data track or an iso of your version ? Thanks per advance. :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 03:44:18 AM by cosmos99 »

cosmos99

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 05:38:20 AM »
I've asked a friend who owns a copy of the prototype and he told me there is well that yoshi style ending , so if there's nothing on the retail version, why ??? Nat one question , on wich kind on system did you tried it ? Us or Japanese ? This may be the reason ? By the way it's easy to see the end by pressing select in game multiple times till you get to the end.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 05:39:51 AM by cosmos99 »

nat

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 04:25:24 PM »
I played it on a US Duo. There is absolutely no way the game can tell that though.