Author Topic: Space Fantasy Zone - No end in sight?  (Read 1643 times)

cosmos99

Re: Space Fantasy Zone - No end in sight?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 09:26:55 AM »
There is absolutely no way the game can tell that though.

What do you mean ? Do you know that some CD games won't work well depending of the system region ?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 09:36:39 AM »
What do you mean ? Do you know that some CD games won't work well depending of the system region ?

Which ones?  I've heard of system card incompatibilities, of course, but I don't recall hearing of any region troubles.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nectarsis

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 09:41:52 AM »

Which ones?  I've heard of system card incompatibilities, of course, but I don't recall hearing of any region troubles.

Looks like it would be news to many of us.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

nat

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2010, 11:34:25 AM »
Of course it would be news, since from a hardware standpoint there is absolutely nothing (zip, zero, zilch) different between the CD system on a US Duo versus a JP Duo. In fact, the only hardware difference is in the HuCard port, and that's only a matter of pins being swapped around.

Anyone who has told you otherwise has tragically led you up the garden path.

cosmos99

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 12:50:51 AM »
No no no ! I'm talking about things i experienced myself , yet the games are pretty few but they are !  :) Try japanese shadow of the beast(don't stop the demo!) and Bonanza bros on a US DUO and see by yourself !

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 02:08:58 AM »
No no no ! I'm talking about things i experienced myself , yet the games are pretty few but they are !  :) Try japanese shadow of the beast(don't stop the demo!) and Bonanza bros on a US DUO and see by yourself !

These are the system card incompatibilities I was talking about; incompatibilities which are unrelated to the rest of the hardware.  In other words, a PCE briefcase/Duo/R/RX (region modded, of course) will have the same errors when using a US Super System Card, and a TG-CD/Turbo Duo (also region modded, obviously) will work fine with a PCE Super System Card (or Arcade Card) under the hood.

cosmos99

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 04:56:30 AM »
I agree with you ,so why not a system card incompatibility with space fantasy zone ? Since with shadow of the beast there is a problem with the intro why not a problem with SFZ ending ? That's crazy because the audio from the retail version is great(compared with the said prototype copy i had),the audio even enhanced with no more bugs and then no end !? Why why why ?

cosmos99

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 05:16:29 AM »
I just have tested it on a pc engine duo and....there is no ending... same as nat , could it be that bug correction the cause ? All that care to the packaging ,100 euros asked for a brand new copy(at launch) and the game is uncomplete... :roll:

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 05:21:33 AM »
I just have tested it on a pc engine duo and....there is no ending... same as nat , could it be that bug correction the cause ? All that care to the packaging ,100 euros asked for a brand new copy(at launch) and the game is uncomplete... :roll:

You still bought it, right?  That's all they care about.

cosmos99

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 05:51:37 AM »
Fortunatelly i didn't paid that much for my copy ,i got it from a bulk order. So , no ending , a CD-R ,home made printed material ,crap finally...

nat

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2010, 11:33:41 AM »

Indeed. If this is in fact a defect of the self-proclaimed-superior "retail" version and not a glitch in the game itself, that's just....... f*cked up.

Black Tiger

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2010, 01:44:14 PM »
I've never downloaded an iso of the game, so I don't know if any of the ones online are complete.

http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Adol2009

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2010, 03:29:13 AM »
I got my copy from someone in Japan who's copy was supposed to be directly copied from an original "prototype". If that story (by Thibault?) is true about a secret pact by a group to keep the game for themselves, the person who made it for me could likely be one of those people.

Anyways, I've never noticed any music tracks cutting out and I remember a Yoshi's Island style crayon cinema ending. But maybe it's just an advertise mode I'm remembering since I haven't played it in years. But I do know that I've never played an iso/mp3 version.

I confirm that story. I told it many times, that's how it leaked originally.
And my SFZ copy (which i got that way 10 years ago) has of course an ending.
The 2 pics you posted are 2 out of the 4 pictures displayed in the end (the last 2 ones, actually).
I made a video of it. Showing me passing the whole stages with select buttons,and going to the end.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 03:31:45 AM by Adol2009 »

cosmos99

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2010, 05:52:19 PM »
I've asked the seller and he told me he had multiple versions in the past but all data tracks were the same so the ending must be there but why won't it display he actually don't know.

nat

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2010, 06:40:11 PM »
Well, something is obviously f*cked up in the Anime4Ever version. I'm going to e-mail him as well; for the premium he charges, he should be warning people so they know exactly what they're getting.