Author Topic: Space Fantasy Zone - No end in sight?  (Read 1640 times)

Adol2009

Re: Space Fantasy Zone - No end in sight?
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2010, 09:52:14 PM »
Well, something is obviously f*cked up in the Anime4Ever version. I'm going to e-mail him as well; for the premium he charges, he should be warning people so they know exactly what they're getting.

I asked him too,like cosmos99,and he confirmed me there is an ending in his version..he even sent me pics to prove it..so i don't see why it doesn't appear on your screen :(

cosmos99

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2010, 10:50:54 PM »
Is it a joke ??? So he tried it ? He did not told me anything about this , try to know in which sytem he's able to see the end , with a particular system card ? I tried on a pce duo without any card in it and i only got a black screen and that freeze like nat.

nat

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2010, 06:26:57 AM »
Well, something is obviously f*cked up in the Anime4Ever version. I'm going to e-mail him as well; for the premium he charges, he should be warning people so they know exactly what they're getting.

I asked him too,like cosmos99,and he confirmed me there is an ending in his version..he even sent me pics to prove it..so i don't see why it doesn't appear on your screen :(

Pics hardly "prove" anything, as he could easily have taken screenshots from a different ISO of the game.

cosmos99

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 05:28:57 AM »
So i tried with magic engine , and....the ends appeared ! I will have to do more tests with some other systems i have.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 05:33:41 AM »
I will have to do more tests with some other systems i have.

Mail it to me and I'll test it on my Duo with various system cards.  I promise not to send it back when I'm done.  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

cosmos99

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 06:28:01 AM »
 [-X :P

I will try in a duo-r and see if that's only the CD-R "effect" , may be DUO don't like 'em...

SignOfZeta

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 09:48:31 AM »

I can't understand what happened with the Anime4Ever guy. The bootleg Sapphire I bought from him was less than $40 and of EXTREMELY high quality, pressed on a real CD, very good printing in the book (I've seen more degredation from legitimate reprints of things over the years). Then comes this "retail" (WTF? It was never released, how can it be "retail"?) version of SFZ that is three times the price and garbage. I'm almost wondering if Anime4Ever didn't get Red Frogged in some way.

nat

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2010, 12:12:41 PM »
Agreed, that pretty much mirrors my sentiments.

Though I'm wondering now.... The Duo has a built-in System Card 3. Space Fantasy Zone is supposed to be a CD-ROM^2 game, not a SuperCD. Perhaps it really isn't the game, but maybe System 3 breaks it somehow? Someone should try playing the Anime4Ever version on a Duo with a System 2 card and see if it's still broken. If no one does it in the near future, I'll load System 2 on my flash cart and give it a try in a week or so.

cosmos99

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2010, 12:59:23 AM »
I will do the system card 2.00 or even 1.00 test ! But wasn't it made after the 3.00 release ? Nothing to see with the altered beast case i mean.Why wasn't it the same quality ? I don't know , may be because there was no material to duplicate ? Or to reduce costs... We should ask him but remember , they were supposed to be old new stock from Japan... :-"

nat

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2010, 07:43:42 AM »
It was made before the release of System Card 3 (Super System), actually, but didn't make its way to the public until after.

cosmos99

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2010, 01:25:12 AM »
I will do the tests in the evening or the coming days. :)

I can't wait....

So first test in a DUO-R : same result !  :?

Second test with 1.00 system card and guess what ??? Same...

As i'm out of stock of system card 2 i won't be able to test with it but i'm pretty sure we'll get the same result. So where's the problem ???

« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 02:01:00 AM by cosmos99 »

cosmos99

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2010, 08:42:58 AM »
My copy of the prototype beeing back i'll be able to do some testings soon !

esteban

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2010, 02:13:49 AM »
My copy of the prototype beeing back i'll be able to do some testings soon !

We eagerly await the results :)

|    | 

niknice

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2010, 09:32:05 AM »
A little off topic I s`pose but i`ve just put this on my Wii (injected wad) and it not only plays fine but I just level skipped to the ending that shows a nice little slide show with cute music. I assume this is indeed the ending people are talking about. Yay for the Wii :)

cosmos99

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2010, 08:45:48 PM »
Thanks for the info , so the ending pop up on the wii as on a PC , may be the wii acts like a PC emulator in fact. Well, having a bit of time i will try my prototype copy and see... :wink:

Test done: guess what ? The ending is there by skipping each levels , using a DUO-R ! So there is really a problem with that retail version... :-k
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:05:23 PM by cosmos99 »