Author Topic: Game of the Week Club  (Read 5554 times)

RoyVegas

Re: Game of the Week Club
« Reply #180 on: April 18, 2010, 06:52:40 PM »
Absolutely love this game!  Made it to 5M just now before I couldn't get any farther....  Dying to beat it.
All is well. :)

Gogan

« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2010, 02:11:18 AM »
One of my favs on the system. This was the third game I got for tg, and still go back for a playthrough every other month or so.

Although, I must admit I was way better at it back then than now, probably due to me rushing through it cuz I've played it a million times!

You can't beat the tunes, imo, those crazy jungle tunes are classic, nothing tops zone 2's creepy cave music.

And the jumps in 3B are truly a pain in the ass until you get a good grip on the controls
Nothin beats the real thing.

Digi.k

« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2010, 03:04:46 AM »
LEGENDARY AXE

hmmm I should really get off my ass and make a youtube vid of this from start to finish had a request for this dating back from 2007....... >_>

sunteam_paul

« Reply #183 on: April 23, 2010, 08:14:10 AM »
TERRAFORMING

The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2010, 08:31:42 AM »
I gotta break this one out and give it some more love, but here's some preliminary comments: awesome parallax, the backgrounds are inconsistent (sometimes beautiful, sometimes plain), it likes to throw battalions of the same enemies at you over and over again, and the tunes are fantastic.  They're not quite up to a Gate of Thunder level of auditory awesomeness, but damn close.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

runinruder

« Reply #185 on: April 23, 2010, 09:09:09 AM »
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2010, 09:16:29 AM »
Stage 6 seems to be the intended money stage as far as effects go, but it really just looks like a big, wobbly, muddy mess.

Is that the water stage, runin?  That level does look like poo; they should've left well enough alone and kept the wobbly background on the third stage where it looked pretty cool.

shubibiman

« Reply #187 on: April 24, 2010, 05:20:10 AM »
I gotta break this one out and give it some more love, but here's some preliminary comments: awesome parallax, the backgrounds are inconsistent (sometimes beautiful, sometimes plain), it likes to throw battalions of the same enemies at you over and over again, and the tunes are fantastic.  They're not quite up to a Gate of Thunder level of auditory awesomeness, but damn close.

You said it all.

I like the fast paced action and the musics. The sprites and backgrounds are well drawned and I like the originality.

Now for this :

The environment is rarely ever a factor (with the rather lame exception being Stage 5, which is extremely dark, making it hard to see rocks randomly positioned in the foreground).

It's rather tricky I know but I'm sure it was made on purpose.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

TheClash603

« Reply #188 on: April 24, 2010, 08:25:13 AM »
Must get this game...  looks awesome.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #189 on: April 26, 2010, 04:41:20 AM »
I have a few extra thoughts on Terraforming after playing it over the weekend: first, the exhaust flame that belches out the ship's rear when changing speeds is damn handy for handling rear attacks, but it can leave you moving at a crawl (i.e. - easy target) if you aren't paying attention.  Second, the pea shooter is kinda worthless; after you get shot down, you better be good a dodging until you can pick up an upgrade, as many of the enemies can take a ton of abuse from your standard weapon.  Finally, while the backgrounds are often pretty, they are also very repetitive (due to the limitations of the 2.0 system card, no doubt); you'll really notice the repetition if you're using the blue homing weapon, as there are a few spots where you can hold down the fire button and enjoy the scenery.

sunteam_paul

« Reply #190 on: April 30, 2010, 08:58:55 PM »
I recognition of me smashing into the side of a taxi on Thursday, I thought I'd pick a driving game:

KNIGHT RIDER SPECIAL

The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

shubibiman

« Reply #191 on: April 30, 2010, 10:10:32 PM »
I've yet to play this game on real hardware before I can say anything but I don't think I'd like it.

Edit : OK, THIS is what I call a crappy game. I spent all the time crashing for whatever reason. Jumping on I-don't-know-what on the road that I couldn't even see. Hilarious.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 10:29:31 PM by shubibiman »
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Tatsujin

« Reply #192 on: April 30, 2010, 10:53:47 PM »
Ubercrap! Period!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #193 on: May 01, 2010, 05:07:52 AM »
Well there is always next week #-o
"is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

esteban

« Reply #194 on: May 02, 2010, 10:02:07 AM »
Thankfully, Knight Rider Special was not released in North America.

|    |