Author Topic: Game of the Week Club  (Read 5516 times)

turbogrfxfan

Re: Game of the Week Club
« Reply #225 on: May 22, 2010, 08:25:15 AM »
just got monster lair two weeks ago after not having it for like 18 years..  The the colors are great,and  fun bosses. weapons kinda suck but its a different style game.   I never beat it.  its a long ass game.  Its like the never ending frikkin story.  not a huge wonderboy fan but I like this game :D 
"is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Emerald Rocker

« Reply #226 on: May 22, 2010, 04:57:46 PM »
I haven't played Monster Lair, but I did just post a series of FAQs for the Mega CD game Arcus 1-2-3.  <--- shameless advertising

So that was most of my weekend.  But if I still own Monster Lair, perhaps I will actually play it for the very first time!  I'll post my thoughts if I do.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

shubibiman

« Reply #227 on: May 22, 2010, 09:55:06 PM »
When I was a kid, I lost many coins playing the arcade game. When I knew that it was going to be released for the PCE, I nearly wet my pants and I have to admit that it really helped me to make my decision when I didn't what to choose between the MD and the PCE.

This version is great, even though some colours look a bit awkward to me. But the game is long and sometimes repetitive.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

sunteam_paul

« Reply #228 on: May 28, 2010, 06:23:05 AM »
GRADIUS

The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

shubibiman

« Reply #229 on: May 28, 2010, 01:15:20 PM »
Excellent conversion of the arcade. I used to not like the Gradius Series but in the last few years, i've come to love it. This first episode is a classic that I still enjoy now.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

sunteam_paul

« Reply #230 on: May 29, 2010, 01:02:37 AM »
While Gradius is a decent enough shoot 'em up, the appaling slowdown just completely kills this version for me, making it almost unplayable. This one of only two PC Engine games I ever traded in and the only one I didn't regret. Thankfully Konami got ther act together for future releases.
I just felt in a hole!

ceti alpha

« Reply #231 on: May 29, 2010, 04:34:52 AM »
While Gradius is a decent enough shoot 'em up, the appaling slowdown just completely kills this version for me, making it almost unplayable. This one of only two PC Engine games I ever traded in and the only one I didn't regret. Thankfully Konami got ther act together for future releases.

That does suck with the slowdown, but yeah, Salamander is quite flawless. I personally don't mind some slowdown, but when it's excessive...

I'm curious to at least try this and Darius.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nat

« Reply #232 on: May 29, 2010, 08:15:52 AM »
Every time I start to feel slightly upset about the slowdown in Gradius, I go and play Gradius III on the SNES to set myself straight.

sunteam_paul

« Reply #233 on: May 30, 2010, 02:29:30 AM »
Every time I start to feel slightly upset about the slowdown in Gradius, I go and play Gradius III on the SNES to set myself straight.

Ouch.

Sometimes I wonder if Konami fired their first batch of programmers considering the difference between their earlier and later console titles. Either that or they learn very quickly.
I just felt in a hole!

Mathius

« Reply #234 on: May 30, 2010, 05:17:52 AM »
I have never been a big fan of the Gradius series either. Life Force was the shooter I always went to when I was growing up.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Emerald Rocker

« Reply #235 on: May 30, 2010, 04:03:35 PM »
I never played PCE Gradius, but I did play the game during Blades of Steel intermissions.  It was too short.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #236 on: May 31, 2010, 11:46:35 AM »
yeah im going to get it.  I was stupid and got paridus da first. it would be cool to compare the two though.
"is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

nectarsis

« Reply #237 on: May 31, 2010, 11:49:33 AM »
yeah im going to get it.  I was stupid and got paridus da first. it would be cool to compare the two though.

Gradius is a good game, but Parodius Da KILLS it IMO ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Tatsujin

« Reply #238 on: May 31, 2010, 03:38:46 PM »
Gradius is Grandiose.

a very well done conversion of this 1985 classic. It was a milestone back then, sure the PCE conv. came a little bit too late. but today, this doesn't matter in no way  ;)

www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

geise

« Reply #239 on: June 07, 2010, 07:57:12 AM »
Haha I like the Gradius version in Legend of Mystical Ninja aka Ganbare Goemon.  Anyways I like the PC-Engine version quite a bit.  It's Gradius but with a pc-engine feel, if that makes any sense?  Regardless I think it's a pretty good version of the arcade.