Author Topic: 26 HRS. DRIVING + TG-16  (Read 231 times)

esteban

26 HRS. DRIVING + TG-16
« on: February 18, 2010, 04:56:05 AM »
So, I can't recall if I mentioned it, but I was on a mini-vacation down/surprise birthday in South Carolina (Hilton Head).

It was beautiful, despite all the alligators (and all the old fogies and their Bridge Tournaments)(yes, Bridge)(Bridge is confusing to me)(Go ahead, see if you can handle Bridge)(You can't).

Before you start getting envious, I should point out that it takes ~13 hours to drive from NJ to SC.

13 hours.

Thankfully, I am easily amused. Even by roadsigns.

Exhibit A:

Note: I wanted to get a picture of the "Next Exit Turbeville" sign from the highway, but, alas, I was driving and couldn't grab my cellphone in time. Thankfully, the picture above was available.

Daughter: "Is Turbeville truly a great place to live?"
Me: "Yes, TurboVille is a great place to live."
Daughter: "Do you want to move there, then?"
Me: "I already live there."
Me: (for dramatic emphasis) "Yup, I already live there."

Exhibit B:

Note: I wanted to stop here and take a picture with the entire family. Alas, it was not meant to be. Thankfully, for reasons unbeknownst to the cosmos, a wifi provider lovingly snapped a picture for us. That's the DockPoint difference!

I wonder if I would have been able to purchase coca, cananavis, peyote or hareesh at the Sadler Travel Plaza in Dunn, North Carolina?

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 12:21:14 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: 26 HRS. DRIVING + TG-16
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 06:13:19 AM »
Sounds like good times, except for the hours and hours of windshield time.  Did you bring along an 'Express to help pass the time and to stave off withdrawal symptoms?

I wonder if I would have been able to purchase coca, cananavis, peyote or hareesh at the Sadler Travel Plaza in Dunn, North Carolina?

Heartpoisons = Herbal Trucker Speed
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

Re: 26 HRS. DRIVING + TG-16
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 12:18:45 PM »

Heartpoisons = Herbal Trucker Speed

Totally. Also, lest we forget...

Rumi wasn't the only character who was into amphetamines. :)

|    |