Author Topic: what could have been.....  (Read 959 times)

turbo_sage

what could have been.....
« on: March 13, 2010, 01:16:09 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280473016526&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

jesus, I was watching this yesterday.  I didn't bid.  Damn it!! 

Anybody from here win this?

TheClash603

Re: what could have been.....
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 06:13:44 AM »
With the US version of Exile: Wicked Phenomenom in there which sells for $80-100 bucks by itself, that surely was a steal.

Almost as much as Nemo's SuperGrafx that i regret passing up!

Kudo's to anyone here that picked it up.

milkmanv1

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 09:17:03 AM »
That'd be me! I had to scoop up a supergrafx for that. I also snagged sparky's loosey goosy DaiMakaimura INSTANTLY. I know a deal when I see one.

offsidewing

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 04:11:46 PM »
Christ!  I didn't see the Exile: WP!!!!     :-&   I was watching the auction :(

kattare

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 06:59:41 PM »
Somebody got a sweet deal.  Gratz if it was someone here!

Sooner or later I'm gonna have to read through the pc engine software bible to figure out which PCE games I can play... I want to avoid the ones that can't be played easily without knowing Japanese... but I know there are some pretty awesome ones that are playable and never made it over to the US.  (drac-x being one of my favs that instantly comes to mind.)

Webhost by day, (www.kattare.com) retro gamer by night.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 04:06:08 AM »
What a bargain!  I would've loved to get that, just so I could resell it all with BINs at three to five times the going rate.  :twisted:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

kattare

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 10:44:44 AM »
lol, you're a mean bastard. 

I only buy broken shit.

So I can fix it and resell it all with BINs at 0.9 to 1.1 times the going rate.  :wink:

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 12:42:05 PM »
that was a really good deal.  Ug I gotta get my tax returns back. Sooner or later my tgcd is gonna break and it will be a sad day
"is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

offsidewing

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 12:56:34 PM »
lol, you're a mean bastard. 

I only buy broken shit.

So I can fix it and resell it all with BINs at 0.9 to 1.1 times the going rate.  :wink:

that was a really good deal.  Ug I gotta get my tax returns back. Sooner or later my tgcd is gonna break and it will be a sad day

Hang in there little buddy.  Another 188 posts and Kattare might cut you a deal on a piece of his PCE stash!

kattare

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 05:37:03 PM »
Another 188 posts and Kattare might cut you a deal on a piece of his PCE stash!

LOL, I never shoulda used a number. 

But hey... ~16 more posts and I can cut myself a suhweeeet deal.  Can't wait!

RoyVegas

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 05:22:57 AM »
LOL, I never shoulda used a number. 

Sure you should have.  Everyone here needs a puppy to kick, this week it's you!   :wink:
All is well. :)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 09:45:48 AM »
Sure you should have.  Everyone here needs a puppy to kick, this week it's you!   :wink:

Riiiight.... a puppy to kick.... 'cause kattare (and yourself) have never done anything detrimental to the community.  :roll:

RoyVegas

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 09:57:06 AM »
Riiiight.... a puppy to kick.... 'cause kattare (and yourself) have never done anything detrimental to the community.  :roll:

Riiiight and some of the attitudes that fly around here most of the time aren't detrimental either..   :-k

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 10:26:09 AM »
Riiiight and some of the attitudes that fly around here most of the time aren't detrimental either..   :-k

Be that as it may, there's a big difference between a person being rude/unfriendly and a person that's actively attempting to screw others.  Intimating that kattare is an innocent pariah is just foolish.

Besides, do you honestly expect us to hold our tongues when a person does something shitty?  You started the thread where kattare was dragged over the coals, so unless you only approve of mocking others when there's little chance that they'll hear, it's quite hypocritical of you to whine over kattare being called out.

RoyVegas

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 11:01:45 AM »
there's a big difference between a person being rude/unfriendly and a person that's actively attempting to screw others. 

You're right there is a difference between the two.  Where there isn't a difference is that just like overpricing, bad attitudes can also be detrimental to the community.  I never said they were the same, I said they were both detrimental. 

Intimating that kattare is an innocent pariah is just foolish.

Noone claimed he was innocent, he clearly stated his intentions.  My analogy with the puppy was poor (as puppies would be considered innocent I guess).  My intention was to insinuate that some people just enjoy conflict on here.  I never shy away from conflict myself, but I tend to do it more defensively then offensively.

Besides, do you honestly expect us to hold our tongues when a person does something shitty?  You started the thread where kattare was dragged over the coals, so unless you only approve of mocking others when there's little chance that they'll hear, it's quite hypocritical of you to whine over kattare being called out.
Of course I don't expect you to hold your tongue.  It's your right to voice your opinion, that's what forums are for right?  There is however a difference between having a civil discussion, voicing your opinion and turning things into a pissing match.  Examples are in your heartfelt and caring reply that says I'm whining, hypocritical and my statements are foolish.

As far as me starting the thread?  That guy was charging more than 10 times the going rate.  Kattare may have been over pricing sure but I wouldn't group him with the guy I started the thread over.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 11:09:02 AM by RoyVegas »