Author Topic: Wireless/Cordless PCE Pads  (Read 770 times)

JapanTokei

Re: Wireless/Cordless PCE Pads
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 01:12:28 PM »
Wow, I had no idea the wireless taps were worth that much!  Are they this difficult to find?

JapanTokei

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 01:21:18 PM »
ehh... https://www.risingstuff.com/store/products.php/PC-Engine-Cordless-Multitap-Set-boxed/cPath,27

They have been out of stock long before last Christmas...
so how well do those puppies perform?

Very well; I use 'em almost exclusively (except for when six buttons are needed).  The only thing that can suck is that they require a uninterrupted line of sight, as they're infrared and not RF, so you have to keep 'em pointed at the receiver and can't move around too wildly when playing.

Do you know how fast these puppies eat through the batteries? 

offsidewing

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 02:46:20 PM »
Actually, they're pretty good with batteries.  They take AAA and have a small, but usable "On/Off" switch on the bottom of the controller.  There is no lag and they're well built.  This seller typically has a couple of extra wireless controller for $25 to $30 a piece.  I'm thinking it's about 20-25 hours of serious button mashing with cheapo AAA batteries.

JapanTokei

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 03:15:23 PM »
Thanks for the info!  Are these pretty rare?  Judging from Hit-Japan's Ebay prices, seems like boxed taps are $100-$120 and controllers go for $25-30 boxed.. any ideas for loose items?  I'm debating whether or not they should be added to my collection  :wink:

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 03:26:28 AM »
Do you know how fast these puppies eat through the batteries? 

I agree with offsidewing, though I think that you can get a lot more than 20-25 hours out of a set of batteries (provided you remember to turn 'em off, of course).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

hoobs88

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 07:13:30 AM »
I use rechargeable AAA batteries in mine and they last quite a while before having to recharge them.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

offsidewing

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 03:33:18 PM »
Actually, they're pretty good with batteries.  They take AAA and have a small, but usable "On/Off" switch on the bottom of the controller.  There is no lag and they're well built.  This seller typically has a couple of extra wireless controller for $25 to $30 a piece.  I'm thinking it's about 20-25 hours of serious button mashing with cheapo AAA batteries.

I buy the cheapest batteries possible.  My wife, the one with the masters in mechanical engineering from U of M, throws away rechargeable batteries ALL THE TIME.  Cheapo BOGO 16 packs at CVS for $6 please.  I had to buy a Harmony One remote with the built in battery because she kept throwing out the two dollar a piece rechargable AAA I kept in the Harmony 550 when the lost charge.  Seriously, the girl could build a nuclear missle equipped mecha-godzilla from a 1972 zenith television, but she throws out rechargable batteries without realizing it ALL THE TIME. 

Turbo D

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 04:25:34 PM »
 :-s Why would someone throw away a perfectly good rechargeable battery? Besides the fact that all batteries should be recycled, throwing away something that could be reused is foolish. If your wife has such disregard for money, please ask her to donate it to your videogame collection! lol, women ;) . Anyways, here are some quick fun facts: lithium ion batteries degrade at a given rate, regardless of use(e.g. hardly using your lion batteries will not grant them longevity.) Also, waiting for your lion batteries to completely discharge before recharging them is dangerous: lion batteries cannot be recharged if they become completely depleted; this is why all lion batteries generally come with some sort of monitoring chip. One more thing!: if the lion batteries in your laptop "battery" die off, you can easily solder in some new ones for a fraction of the cost that your computer company will charge you for a new battery.

=D

offsidewing

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 04:44:59 PM »
 She throws them away not knowing they're rechargeable.  She really doesn't throw them away.  She puts them in a calf skin purse, drives her hummer H2 to the nearest nature preserve and looks for the first water table she can contaminate and throws the batteries there. 

Once 100% off all cigarette butts are properly disposed of, the earth will begin to heal. 

schnuth

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2010, 06:59:17 AM »
For anyone still looking for these, NCSX has the wireless controller with the receiver as this week's Sale Of The Week:

http://www.ncsx.com/2010/051010/pc_engine_wireless.htm

$63.90 before shipping, but looking at some of the old eBay links in this thread it seems like a good deal if your still looking for one.  Just wanted to give you guys a heads up!

offsidewing

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2010, 10:08:20 AM »
Sweet.  The price is so good I may buy another one (as I was contemplating selling the one I have already).  NCS is still rocking after all these years, and I love their random sales.  I picked up a NIB Tennokoe 2 for $40 six weeks ago.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 10:11:44 AM by offsidewing »

henrycsc

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2010, 10:55:49 AM »
I only have the US Turbografx-CD system, is there an adapter that will allow me to use the wireless Tap, or will I have to get a DUO?  Been thinking about getting a DUO for a while and might need an excuse. 
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

offsidewing

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2010, 03:07:30 PM »
There are some homebrew adapters available.  I think Red Ghost has some listed on his website...