Author Topic: Now this is some complete BS right here  (Read 898 times)

oldskool

Now this is some complete BS right here
« on: April 05, 2010, 01:16:34 PM »

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: Now this is some complete BS right here
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 01:49:28 PM »
jee, way to go, America! 
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:  #-o

Morons.  I hope they all get locked up.   Especially the one that keeps goin "UH"

PERMISSION TO UH, ENGAGE, UH, f*ck, UHHHHHH

I didn't know Canon and Kodak made RPGs/AK's.

News to me!

lol the SureShot.   #-o
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 01:58:22 PM by Arkhan »
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

termis

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 02:35:16 PM »
It's obvious that the gunners really believed these folks had weapons...  The mistake is tragic for sure, but I *can* see how such things can happen in battle.  The thing that was completely unnecessary was the haughty attitude of the gunners after the engagement.

oldskool

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 02:52:05 PM »
I think the tank running over an already dead guy was a bit uncalled for as well, that's just rediculous.  Also, the guys in the van with the kids trying to pick up a survivor - were they a threat? 

Joe Redifer

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 03:41:25 PM »
The tank did not run over any dead guy.  I watched the 39 minute uncut video which did not have opinion texts inserted.

And I agree with thermis.  A guy did have an RPG... it sure looked like he did to me.  How was the engagement unjustified?  And who were the idiots who pulled up in a van with children inside of a place that was just shot up where the helicopter that did it was still circling?  Not the sharpest tools in the shed, for sure.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 03:44:39 PM by Joe Redifer »

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 04:17:35 PM »
its kind of hard to tell if its really an RPG, and I mean cmon! the dudes hoisting the camera gear, its definitely obvious that its not an AK-47.  Unless its some kind of compact model.

I'd say until the dude with the "RPG" is hoisting it up on his shoulder ready to launch, you can't be too sure and shouldn't be unleashing hell and making an ass of your nation in the process.

They said they "had a guy firing".   Where?   What was being shot at?  To me it looked like the kind of crap you see on any street corner.  A bunch of friendly-ish people hanging around casually.   You don't really hang around casually if theres gunfire, kind of like what you see AFTER the US folk start unloading. 

and the laid back, cockish attitude of all the shooters sounds like the kind of nonsense you hear from trigger happy r-tards on xbox live.  Drop em down on foot! I'd like to hear them be all hot shit rambo maniacs at that point.

Q: "i dont know how the children were hurt".....

A: *CMON LET US SHOOT! f*ck, CMON! *

It seems like a bunch of trigger happy imaginative clowns all got together and made a mess of things.

RoyVegas

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 04:29:54 PM »
It's very interesting to see how people who have never served in the military nor ever been in a combat area say what they see in this video.  Ok, so you see a camera/camera gear while you sit at home in your nice air conditioned house and have the convenience of hitting the play/pause/rewind button.  It's also very nice to see it in slow motion with nice pretty arrows pointing to what they WANT you to see.  When you're in a life and death situation you don't have time to say "hmmmmm is that a camera he has in his hand or an RPG"  It's combat, live or die.

I've been in a UH-60 on the border of Iraq and I can tell you that the sound is defining and the vibration is rediculous. There are lots of factors when you get in a life and death situation that you'll never get to know while you sit on your couch at home and critique what military people have to deal with.

I think the tank running over an already dead guy was a bit uncalled for as well, that's just rediculous.  Also, the guys in the van with the kids trying to pick up a survivor - were they a threat? 

They entered a combat area right after gunfire.  That makes them either totally stupid or an enemy combatent.  I know I sure as hell didn't see the kids in the van while watching it.  Not until later when they made it slow motion and put two arrows over the moving things.  Even then I couldn't really say they were kids.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 04:32:49 PM by RoyVegas »
All is well. :)

Joe Redifer

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 04:33:14 PM »
Agreed with Roy.  It is VERY easy to play armchair quarterback on this one.

Quote from: arkhan

I'd say until the dude with the "RPG" is hoisting it up on his shoulder ready to launch

At that point you'd likely be dead.  You would have no time to react.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 04:34:54 PM by Joe Redifer »

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 05:13:19 PM »
Agreed with Roy.  It is VERY easy to play armchair quarterback on this one.
They aren't exactly tense, or under pressure in the footage.  They're dickin off back and forth, completely unsure of whats going on, and aren't even under definite attack.  Its almost like they're playing armchair quarterback too really.  They're supposed to be trained to think rationally.   It seems like all they care about is getting to shoot something.

and given the amount of jackasses I went to highschool with who enlisted in the army and got shipped off to iraq exclaiming that they wanted to shoot some bastards, ..... im not surprised really. 

At that point you'd likely be dead.  You would have no time to react.

ehh.... noone on the ground is focusing an ounce of attention on the helicopters.  the guys with the guns up n the helicopter definitely had the jump on anyone on foot, and can see whats going on.   Id venture to guess that if the guy with the "RPG" started to lift the thing up in a menacing manner, they would have plenty of time to pop off a few rounds and take care of business.   You dont really quick-draw Mcgraw an RPG and pop off an accurate shot :D

I think the guys in the air are definitely a disgrace, and look like a bunch of idiots.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 05:34:15 PM »

noone on the ground is focusing an ounce of attention on the helicopters.

Except the guy crouching around the corner with an RPG.  If a guy is running around with an RPG, it's a sure bet that he plans to do something with it.  That's common sense.  You don't just wander around a war zone with an RPG as a fashion statement.  Once the guy lifts it to start pointing at you, you begin to aim and fire.  Sure, you may hit him, but by then he has already fired and you may get hit as well.  I know you are a teenager (judging from your picture) and still have a lot to learn about real life yet think you know everything (like most teenagers do), so I'll brush your comments off.

rag-time4

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 05:54:30 PM »

noone on the ground is focusing an ounce of attention on the helicopters.

Except the guy crouching around the corner with an RPG.  If a guy is running around with an RPG, it's a sure bet that he plans to do something with it. 
I Didn't see anyone running around with an RPG. I saw them deliberately gun down people were were running around clearly unarmed.

Arkhan is right in that the gunners were begging for permission to shoot, and were laughing when they killed unarmed people.

"All right. We just engaged all 8 individuals" .... how many RPGs were there? How many people who were not in full blown retreat were there?

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 06:21:05 PM »
Except the guy crouching around the corner with an RPG.  If a guy is running around with an RPG, it's a sure bet that he plans to do something with it.  That's common sense.  You don't just wander around a war zone with an RPG as a fashion statement.  Once the guy lifts it to start pointing at you, you begin to aim and fire.  Sure, you may hit him, but by then he has already fired and you may get hit as well. 

that guy crouching around the corner must not have been fixin to shoot, if that really was an RPG, cause he had plenty of chance to do it while the US hovered above, begging to shoot at things.   They didnt unload on the crowd of people for a good little bit later, and the first of the bit to get hit, wasnt even the "RPG" guy.

Also if this was a justified assault, why the cover up, and all of that? 

Its really embarrassing honestly.  They seem rushed , frantic, wanting to shoot at a mess of guys, and then they shoot a van trying to rescue the wounded.  That's classy.

and what about the other reporter who was in contact with the crowd that got shot at?   didn't sound like they were planning a US assault down on the ground there....  if they were attempting to blow up US aircrafts, I don't think the photographers would have been palin' around with them

I know you are a teenager (judging from your picture) and still have a lot to learn about real life yet think you know everything (like most teenagers do), so I'll brush your comments off.
22! :D

I don't think I know everything, and given the general response by many, it appears im not the only one saying what im saying.   I don't think they're all teens or anything either.   

RoyVegas

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 06:29:38 PM »
They aren't exactly tense, or under pressure in the footage. 

They're trained to remain calm under pressure.  Would you rather they scream like bitches and start crying?

They're dickin off back and forth, completely unsure of whats going on, and aren't even under definite attack. 

Seems pretty clear with their opinion on whats going on and rational thinking.  They identify targets, they identify possible weapons and they get clearance to fire.  Aren't under definate attack?  Yeah Arkahn maybe they should let the guy with the possible RPG shoot them down.  Then they surely would be under definate attack but ah f*ck it's to late, they're shot down and dead.

It seems like all they care about is getting to shoot something.

If you trained for the last 10 years of your life to do exactly what they did, wouldn't you be excited?  Oh wait, you haven't nor would you know.

and given the amount of jackasses I went to highschool with who enlisted in the army and got shipped off to iraq exclaiming that they wanted to shoot some bastards, ..... im not surprised really. 

So a few guys at your school you didn't like went off to war while you sat at home and jerked off then the entire army must be like that.  Enjoy the freedom they provide us all while you sit here and criticize them.  You should be proud man.

the guys with the guns up n the helicopter definitely had the jump on anyone on foot, and can see whats going on. 

Umm yeah, that's the point of being in a heli, to get the jump on them before they kill you.

Id venture to guess that if the guy with the "RPG" started to lift the thing up in a menacing manner, they would have plenty of time to pop off a few rounds and take care of business.   You dont really quick-draw Mcgraw an RPG and pop off an accurate shot :D

Well if you watch it again, at the time the guy with what appears to be an RPG is peeking around a corner with no time for the heli to fire unless they were going to fire through the roof of the building to hit him.  Which in all fairness would still kill him but also kill anyone in the building.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 06:55:31 PM »
They're trained to remain calm under pressure.  Would you rather they scream like bitches and start crying?
No it just doesn't seem like they're really under pressure at all.  Chillin back in their birdy, scopin out things they want to kill.

Seems pretty clear with their opinion on whats going on and rational thinking.  They identify targets, they identify possible weapons and they get clearance to fire.  Aren't under definate attack?  Yeah Arkahn maybe they should let the guy with the possible RPG shoot them down.  Then they surely would be under definate attack but ah f*ck it's to late, they're shot down and dead.

Alot of things look like weapons in black and white when you're up in the air including those kodaks the photographers have. :) . Maybe they should have gotten a better look.  It is just like the "arrows telling us what we want to see".   One guy goes OMG RPG, and the other, itchin to shoot a bitch, goes YAH MAN, I SEE IT TOO, KILL EM!

Id figure it makes more sense to identify definite targets, not possible ones.   Everyone looks like a possible enemy.  Why don't they just fly the chopper around and blow everything up.   Possible problems all solved, right? 

Drop a big ol bomb on the place.  All potential problems gone!  No possibility for possible problems, since you just wasted everyone.  Woo!  GET SOME.   

Again, the guy peerin around the corner didn't take a shot, but could have, IF that was an RPG..  And when they circled around, and now, this is just me takin a guess here, but ... you'd figure if he was fixin to blow the helicopter down, he would have positioned himself to take a shot instead of standing around chit chatting with the rest of them..  I don't know about you, but it seems like the people on the ground are aware of the helicopters and don't feel threatened.  If they were threatened or hostile, I don't think they'd be standing around so calmly out in the open.       Unless you think they're trained to just chill out on corners when they're under pressure. :)

cause again, remember, these were photographers in the cluster?  With more photographer/reporters following a few blocks away?  For all we AND the helicopter people know, that guy could have been carrying a tripod.

was it being an RPG confirmed?  Did the ground troops confirm it?  Did they confirm it was a hostile band?  Why the attempted cover up?

If you trained for the last 10 years of your life to do exactly what they did, wouldn't you be excited?  Oh wait, you haven't nor would you know.
Excited to shoot people? Doubtful!   More like, nervous, not looking forward to it, not wanting to be there.  Also, I doubt anyones trained to blow up a rescue van, especially with kids inside.  If they can identify guns from far away, they should be able to spot kids in a van.

Blowing up vans picking up bodies is the kinda shit some 15 year old hopped up on mt. dew does in a FPS.

So a few guys at your school you didn't like went off to war while you sat at home and jerked off then the entire army must be like that.  Enjoy the freedom they provide us all while you sit here and criticize them.  You should be proud man.
really?  now you're going to make this all personal?  Thats cool I guess. I've seen enough war footage over the past 10 years of this Iraq bullshit to know that a whole mess of people really are out of touch with things.   This isn't the same kind of glorious war time footage that makes one feel proud to be American.  Most of the locals who are back in the states, were and still are disrespectful, racist dickbags that talk about how cool it is to shoot at people..  I'm sure its not a localized thing.  Plenty more of them all over the place.  Ohio isn't some unique place.

as for "freedom", sorry.  They're not out there protecting my freedom, as it isn't exactly threatened in the way they all like to make us think it is..  Last I checked, the people involved with that are all veterans now, old folks.  respectful even.   The kind that will tell you how messed up war is, and how rough it is to kill someone.  Not trigger happy numbnuts up in helicopters, begging to unload their gun on some dudes standing on a corner. 

I'm not proud to be an American.  not anymore.  Over the past decade or so, we've turned into one disaster of a country.   Racism, fatasses, lazy idiots, greedy morons, the list just keeps on growing.   Watching Cops is like watching a giant "LOL, America" meme on the internet.

Id like to know where we went wrong, :)

Umm yeah, that's the point of being in a heli, to get the jump on them before they kill you.
Who's they?  The people on the ground doing nothing threatening?  That guy with the RPG definitely could have shot the thing, again, IF it is one. 

also, isn't the main point of being in a helicopter to scout out areas, and have freedom of transportation?   Loud ass helicopters arent exactly stealthy or anything.  You can hear one from a mile away, and they stick out like a sore thumb up in a clear blue sky in the daytime. :)

Well if you watch it again, at the time the guy with what appears to be an RPG is peeking around a corner with no time for the heli to fire unless they were going to fire through the roof of the building to hit him.  Which in all fairness would still kill him but also kill anyone in the building.
well, if the guy peering around the corner was fixin to kill, why didn't he take a shot?  Why didnt he position himself for a shot when the helicopter swooped around the other way?  He had plenty of time to launch a doomrocket at the helicopter.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 06:59:33 PM by Arkhan »

RoyVegas

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 07:03:10 PM »
Well, as much as this whole topic annoys me, I'll just let it be.  There are some things you'll just never understand until you're there.

I'm not proud to be an American.  not anymore. 

Then GTFO.