Author Topic: Reefer Madness  (Read 2000 times)

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
Re: Reefer Madness
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2010, 11:15:25 AM »
Wisconsin Smoking ban starts July 1st.  Damn, can't wait!!

I only poofed once back in my senior year in High School.  Wound up in a folding chair sitting in the middle of a river.  A couple friends saw me and pulled me in.  I didn't like how I felt so I've never done it since.  Also I've known a few pot heads in the past 20 years and had BAD experiences with pretty much all of them.

oldskool

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2010, 02:03:19 PM »
Sounds like you were around the wrong people period, whether they smoked pot or not.  I'm sure the pot was not a determining factor with the way they acted.  It's probably just the way they WERE.

I thought Amsterdam was a city, not a country?

Oh yeah, Euro Trip!  Haha, awesome movie.

As far as people running around high as a kite and shooting everyone, only in Reefer Madness.  Or they were high on something else. . hehe.  Cause if they were smokin' teh buds, they'd be at home chillin' with not a worry on their minds.   :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Keranu

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2010, 05:19:58 PM »
oldskool can be my official spokesperson for this thread.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

SignOfZeta

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2010, 07:26:38 PM »
Quote from: RoyVegas
Just because you see a law as "bullshit" doesn't make it any less of a law.  Rules are rules, those people made a choice to break the law and that's the risk they took.  Now they're paying for it.  But hey, once it's legal, feel free to smoke it. 

Yeah, it doesn't work that way. Well, for obedient stooges like you it does, but laws, more or less, reflect the public sentiment of the people at large. Butt sex used to be an imprisonable offense in large parts of the world. Now its only illegal in places like Iran (where more people have your sort of support for draconian laws) because people lost interest in sending people to jail for it (or executing them, or chemical castration, or whatever). Anti-sodomy laws didn't go away because people sent letters to their congressmen, and anti-weed laws won't go away via that method either.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2010, 02:24:48 AM »
draconian laws

Man, I got into a battle with some Draconians one time.

They jacked my bards ass up pretty bad.

Pretty sure they broke some sodomy laws.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

RoyVegas

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2010, 03:04:09 AM »
Yeah, it doesn't work that way. Well, for obedient stooges like you it does, but laws, more or less, reflect the public sentiment of the people at large.

Ok, since the laws only work for obedient stooges like me, how about you go light up a joint in front of your local police station?  I guess they also work for chickenshits like youself.  =;
All is well. :)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2010, 03:13:50 AM »
Yeah, it doesn't work that way. Well, for obedient stooges like you it does, but laws, more or less, reflect the public sentiment of the people at large.

Ok, since the laws only work for obedient stooges like me, how about you go light up a joint in front of your local police station?  I guess they also work for chickenshits like youself.  =;

no no see, thats not working FOR him, its working AGAINST him. :)

shit though man, i wouldnt want to piss off any draconians.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2010, 03:32:27 AM »
I thought Amsterdam was a city, not a country?

Amsterdam is the city, Netherlands is the country; and contrary to popular belief, weed is illegal in the Netherlands, but they don't always enforce the law.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

SignOfZeta

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2010, 06:02:55 AM »

Bad choice of example since I live in Washtenaw county, home of Hash Bash. Its only a $5-25 for first offense. We decided to ignore Michigan's insane drug policy. Amazingly, there are no burning overturned cars in the streets or roaming gangs of highwaymen.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 06:07:39 AM by SignOfZeta »

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2010, 06:16:43 AM »
Amsterdam is the city, Netherlands is the country

yeah, oops, :D .  Youd think I'd stop f*cking that up by now considering 80% of the people I talk to every day live there.

; and contrary to popular belief, weed is illegal in the Netherlands, but they don't always enforce the law.

It's legal to purchase from coffee shops (thats what the weed shop is called), and walk around with it and toke up (though you may get sent home from cops if you're out in public, blazing up).   

However, It's not legal to buy it from the coffeeshop and then start reselling it out of your basement like some trailer trash nimrod.

the idea is that personal use is legal, but commercial exploitation is illegal.

Some local governments even grow the dope themselves to be sold, lol.

also, prostitution is legal :D.

WHORES AND WEED, WHOS COMIN WITH ME FOR VACATION?

RoyVegas

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2010, 06:32:36 AM »
You seem to be missing my point Zeta.  Bullshit or not, the law is the law.  Everyone has to make a personal choice if they follow it or not.  Knowing things are illegal and doing them anyway people are making the choice and also have to face the consequences.  I drove to work today with no seatbelt on knowing if I got caught I would face a ticket or injury/death but I didn't put it on.  I made that choice knowing what could happen.  Like I said I'm not saying the laws are fair or not, I'm just stating they are there to follow and those who don't follow them know what can happen and take that risk.

I'm curious, you say $5-25 for the first offense.  What happens after that?
All is well. :)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2010, 06:42:18 AM »
It's legal to purchase from coffee shops (thats what the weed shop is called), and walk around with it and toke up (though you may get sent home from cops if you're out in public, blazing up).  

However, It's not legal to buy it from the coffeeshop and then start reselling it out of your basement like some trailer trash nimrod.

the idea is that personal use is legal, but commercial exploitation is illegal.

Cannabis is technically still illegal, as the Opium Act (which criminalized all sorts of narcotics, including weed) was never repealed; they only amended the law to include prosecutorial guidelines, effectively neutering the law in most circumstances.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

SignOfZeta

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2010, 07:01:51 AM »
You seem to be missing my point Zeta.  Bullshit or not, the law is the law.  Everyone has to make a personal choice if they follow it or not.  Knowing things are illegal and doing them anyway people are making the choice and also have to face the consequences.  I drove to work today with no seatbelt on knowing if I got caught I would face a ticket or injury/death but I didn't put it on.  I made that choice knowing what could happen.  Like I said I'm not saying the laws are fair or not, I'm just stating they are there to follow and those who don't follow them know what can happen and take that risk.

You seem to be explaining to me what a "law" is. I already understand this.

I'm curious, you say $5-25 for the first offense.  What happens after that?

The fine doubles a couple of times and then pegs out at $100. In general though there is a lot of weed around here, but legal or not most people only smoke it indoors so there isn't much in the way of tickets being issued. Now that Michigan has legalized medicinal marijuana I don't expect the law will be getting any harder about this...which brings me to my point. Once a huge portion of the public is ignoring any given law the government eventually has to make a decision as to whether not its worth devoting assloads of time and money to prosecuting it. They work for us, you see, which is a point you obedient types seem to forget.

The public at large no longer buys into the myth that weed is a gateway drug, that causes people to kill, etc. Its all bullshit. Unlike coke, booze, speed, or just about anything else pot just grows in the dirt. No processing is needed. God himself put it there. Its virtually impossible to overdose on, and not only does it have fewer negative health side effects than legal drugs like alcohol and cigarettes, but its usually a lot safer than all those f*cking prescription drugs they are constantly trying to sell us on TV. Every day people are going to jail for pot, being branded as felons for life, losing student loan eligibility, etc for something that only a small portion of America actually believes is morally wrong (ie: the pro life yet pro nuke crowd, mostly). Because of this, the tide will turn.

Since 40,000 people die every year from car accidents, which is 40,000 more than pot has ever killed, don't expect to overturn any seat belt laws. You should be wearing your seat belt, not because its the law, but because its f*cking stupid to not wear it.

Laws are, in theory, meant to be derivative of morality, not origin of it.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2010, 07:26:03 AM »
Since 40,000 people die every year from car accidents, which is 40,000 more than pot has ever killed, don't expect to overturn any seat belt laws. You should be wearing your seat belt, not because its the law, but because its f*cking stupid to not wear it.

Laws are, in theory, meant to be derivative of morality, not origin of it.

Dont forget though, some of the car accidents, were caused by people high as balls, driving around smashing into shit.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2010, 07:38:37 AM »
Quote from: Arkhan

Dont forget though, some of the car accidents, were caused by people high as balls, driving around smashing into shit.

At 4mph? No one's going to get hurt.

Apologies to Bill Hicks for that joke.