Author Topic: Reefer Madness  (Read 1969 times)

Joe Redifer

Re: Reefer Madness
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2010, 07:43:22 AM »
Quote from: Roy

I drove to work today with no seatbelt on knowing if I got caught I would face a ticket or injury/death but I didn't put it on.

My car won't even let me do that.  It beeps and beeps and beeps until the seatbelt is plugged in.  It's damn loud, too.  I think all new cars are like this.  It really pisses me off.

nectarsis

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2010, 07:53:58 AM »

The public at large no longer buys into the myth that weed is a gateway drug, that causes people to kill, etc. Its all bullshit. Unlike coke, booze, speed, or just about anything else pot just grows in the dirt. No processing is needed. God himself put it there. Its virtually impossible to overdose on, and not only does it have fewer negative health side effects than legal drugs like alcohol and cigarettes, but its usually a lot safer than all those f*cking prescription drugs they are constantly trying to sell us on TV. Every day people are going to jail for pot, being branded as felons for life, losing student loan eligibility, etc for something that only a small portion of America actually believes is morally wrong (ie: the pro life yet pro nuke crowd, mostly). Because of this, the tide will turn.

Man that same old tired "it's all natural"  "it just grows in the dirt".  While many people do grow their own, a shitton of it is hardly "all natural".
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2010, 08:22:40 AM »
Man that same old tired "it's all natural"  "it just grows in the dirt".  While many people do grow their own, a shitton of it is hardly "all natural".

Agreed.  If you're smoking ditch weed, you're doing it wrong.  :lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2010, 08:59:19 AM »
Quote from: Roy

I drove to work today with no seatbelt on knowing if I got caught I would face a ticket or injury/death but I didn't put it on.

My car won't even let me do that.  It beeps and beeps and beeps until the seatbelt is plugged in.  It's damn loud, too.  I think all new cars are like this.  It really pisses me off.

my old one did that but i never noticed.

It couldnt compete with speed metal on full blast.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

RoyVegas

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2010, 09:14:27 AM »
They work for us, you see, which is a point you obedient types seem to forget.

I know that fact quite clearly, which is why I vote out the people I don't agree with...   I'm not sure where you get this "obediant" shit from.  I'm far from obediant.

You should be wearing your seat belt, not because its the law, but because its f*cking stupid to not wear it.

You should stop smoking weed, not because its the law, but becasue its f*cking stupid to smoke it.  Plays both was dude.
All is well. :)

SignOfZeta

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2010, 07:47:20 PM »
Quote from: nectarsis

Growing a shitton of anything is the basis of modern civilization. There would be no PC Engine without agriculture.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2010, 07:50:57 PM »
Quote from: RoyVegas
You should stop smoking weed, not because its the law, but becasue its f*cking stupid to smoke it.  Plays both was dude.

Once again, your attempt at cleverness fall flat.

For one thing, driving without your seat belt is hella dumb. Completely illogical and...just stupid. Unlike weed, it isn't harmless.

Secondly, I haven't smoked pot since I was 17, which was...nearly 20 years ago.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2010, 10:29:58 PM »
For one thing, driving without your seat belt is hella dumb. Completely illogical and...just stupid. Unlike weed, it isn't harmless.

wait wait, weed is harmless?  No negative side effects?

WOW, when did that happen.

Growing a shitton of anything is the basis of modern civilization. There would be no PC Engine without agriculture.

lrn2read.

a shit ton of dope is not all natural, meaning its not 100% straight from the ground.  Its been f*cked around with.

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2010, 04:31:19 AM »
In my opinion everything is natural.  We cultivated the PC Engine from items found on Earth that we grew or were already here.  Humans naturally build things.  Therefore it is natural for the PC Engine to exist.

Vecanti

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2010, 05:38:38 AM »
that or everyone who goes to bars and smokes has parkinsons.

Probably not,

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/03/100310162823.htm 

:-)

SignOfZeta

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2010, 06:38:51 AM »
Quote from: Arkhan
wait wait, weed is harmless?  No negative side effects?

WOW, when did that happen.

A lot of people become very unmotivated when they get really into pot. However, I've known some EXTREME losers who cuddle up with RPGs in the same way stoners cuddle up with a bong and never do f*cking anything. One guy I know literally had his parents mail order him a wife, and the only drug he did was caffeine. I think certain personality types just gravitate towards obsessive behavior.

Other than that, there aren't any real negative side effects associated with weed. Not compared to alcohol or cigarettes, which are trillion dollar industries associated with the "right" side of the law.

RoyVegas

« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2010, 07:27:45 AM »
Other than that, there aren't any real known negative side effects associated with weed.

Fixed.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2010, 08:17:37 AM »
There's lots of known negatives associated with smoking weed, such as it containing Zyklon-B and causing Cheeto shortages.  I think Zeta's point was that when compared to legal vices like booze and tobacco, it is relatively harmless.*

* - pretty much everything is harmful if the concentration is high enough (even water).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Keranu

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2010, 09:32:45 AM »
There is no link between cannabis and cancer.

There has never been a single car accident attributed solely to cannabis consumption.

There has never been a single overdose from cannabis consumption.

Now who wants to list the next 10 pages explaining the health benefits of cannabis? :)
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

RoyVegas

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2010, 09:49:38 AM »
Now who wants to list the next 10 pages explaining the health benefits of cannabis? :)

A close family member actually has a medical MJ card.  I can tell you that after many many surgeries she has never been out of pain.  They kept having to increase her medication over and over and move to stronger and stronger meds as she would have to take fist fulls of pills just to get any pain relief.  She was to the point they were giving her Methadone.  Finally when the laws changed she got the medical MJ card.  MJ is the only thing that helps her with the pain. 

I do see both sides of the story, trust me I do.