Author Topic: Reefer Madness  (Read 1983 times)

nectarsis

Re: Reefer Madness
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2010, 10:33:22 AM »
There has never been a single car accident attributed solely to cannabis consumption.

This I find HIGHLY dubious :P
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2010, 11:37:07 AM »
that or everyone who goes to bars and smokes has parkinsons.

Probably not,

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/03/100310162823.htm 

:-)

bwbahahahahaa

that is epic.

and errr, I know people who crashed while high as balls. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 11:39:10 AM by Arkhan »
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2010, 01:13:55 PM »
The point is that the worst thing that can happen to a guy because of pot has nothing to do with pot itself; a jail sentence.

In advocating the full legalization of weed, I'm not recommend people drive stoned. Booze is legal, but nobody is recommending you drive drunk.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2010, 02:09:37 PM »
There has never been a single car accident attributed solely to cannabis consumption.

According to Keranu, Marijuana cannot intoxicate you.  But in real life here on planet Earth, it can indeed intoxicate you and when you are intoxicated, no matter what you used to get that way, you run a very large risk of getting into a wreck and killing people.  MJ slows your reaction time.  Keranu has not studied every single car accident that has taken place.  Although I think it should be legalized, I do think that it should be illegal to drive while intoxicated with anything, be it alcohol, marijuana, prescription drugs, cough syrup, etc.  Driving while under the influence of ANY substance is evil.  I have no respect for people who chose to drive this way.  Their lives have no value.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 02:11:10 PM by Joe Redifer »

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2010, 04:09:42 PM »
The point is that the worst thing that can happen to a guy because of pot has nothing to do with pot itself; a jail sentence.

In advocating the full legalization of weed, I'm not recommend people drive stoned. Booze is legal, but nobody is recommending you drive drunk.

then they will have to make laws for driving while stoned.

I wonder if there will be a "brainalizer" test to see if you are too baked to drive.

Keranu

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2010, 04:39:59 PM »

According to Keranu, Marijuana cannot intoxicate you.  But in real life here on planet Earth, it can indeed intoxicate you and when you are intoxicated, no matter what you used to get that way, you run a very large risk of getting into a wreck and killing people.  MJ slows your reaction time.  Keranu has not studied every single car accident that has taken place.  Although I think it should be legalized, I do think that it should be illegal to drive while intoxicated with anything, be it alcohol, marijuana, prescription drugs, cough syrup, etc.  Driving while under the influence of ANY substance is evil.  I have no respect for people who chose to drive this way.  Their lives have no value.

"Don't knock it until you try it" as they say. NO I'm not recommending people to drive while blazed :D . But driving under the influence of marijuana makes the driver take caution rather than take risks like alcohol influence does. Marijuana doesn't affect motor coordination nearly as bad as alcohol does either. Some fun facts - http://www.nuffy.net/articles/how-marijuana-effects-your-driving-performance.html
This guy actually managed to drive safer while high than he did sober! (Again, not recommending -- I swear!)

I have an experiment for you Joe. Buy some weed and pick out a video game from your collection that you've had trouble beating (well the game you're least good at since you're a gaming wiz 8)). After smoking (or in your case, vaporizing/eating), give that challenging game another shot. You may be surprised by the results :) .
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 04:45:41 PM by Keranu »
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

oldskool

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2010, 05:22:57 PM »
I'll let Keranu be my spokesperson for the rest of the thread.

Keranu

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2010, 05:28:54 PM »
I'll let Keranu be my spokesperson for the rest of the thread.
Hahaha :D ! Nah I'm probably gonna go back to my cave now.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

rag-time4

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2010, 06:38:19 PM »

I have an experiment for you Joe. Buy some weed and pick out a video game from your collection that you've had trouble beating (well the game you're least good at since you're a gaming wiz 8)). After smoking (or in your case, vaporizing/eating), give that challenging game another shot. You may be surprised by the results :) .
What you're suggesting here, Keranu, sounds similar to the strategy I used the first time I cleared Image Fight... I would play a bit.... then when I got demoralized my wife would play a couple credits, and watching her get creamed seemed to energize me for another go!!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 07:39:26 PM by rag-time4 »

Turbo D

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2010, 06:58:44 PM »
Ragtime is right, having sex with your wife makes you better @ videogames.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2010, 09:04:11 PM »
Keranu, you may be right about the affects of weed and my gaming abilities... I can't say (and don't really have any burning desire to find out).  But to say that no accident has ever been the result of someone driving under the influence of weed is ridiculous.  It doesn't affect everyone the same way.  Just because George Burns lived for 6,000 years doesn't mean that others won't get mouth cancer from smoking cigars.  Weed can be abused, just like alcohol.  Yes, the affects are different, but it can still be abused.

ceti alpha

« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2010, 02:26:20 AM »
If weed was ever legalized there would have to be laws in place to stop people from driving under the influence. Here in Canada, the police are already looking out for people who may be "red-eyed". That said, weed is definitely less powerful a drug than alcohol. However, you can buy some crazy weed that will knock your socks off (I just ordered some online actually heh) and the last thing you would want to be doing is driving immediately after smoking it. Also, it takes far less time for the effects of weed to wear off than alcohol.

On the hierarchy of drugs weed sits around caffeine. I've had a few shots of espresso and been shaking from the caffeine.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2010, 02:34:56 AM »
then they will have to make laws for driving while stoned.

You're kidding, right?  Every state has already amended their laws from 'driving while intoxicated' to 'driving under the influence', which generally means being under the influence of any substance that impairs your abilities.

I wonder if there will be a "brainalizer" test to see if you are too baked to drive.

Any experienced cop can tell just by talking to you.

But driving under the influence of marijuana makes the driver take caution rather than take risks like alcohol influence does. Marijuana doesn't affect motor coordination nearly as bad as alcohol does either.

If it's not as impairing as being drunk, then it's 100% safe?  :roll:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2010, 06:06:49 AM »
well there is a legal limit for alcohol,

is there a legal limit for dope?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2010, 06:35:34 AM »
well there is a legal limit for alcohol,

is there a legal limit for dope?

I don't think any states have set a THC blood level, but they rather leave it up to the officer to determine if you are impaired, much like they do in absence of a breathalyzer.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles