Author Topic: looking for Dead of The Brain...  (Read 358 times)

ElSeven

looking for Dead of The Brain...
« on: April 22, 2010, 03:58:30 PM »
Been a long time fan of the system and trying to locate DotB, i know it gets pricey but i don't really care if the manual has wrinkles or the spine is missing.  There are some copies on eBay for like $300, and i just can't swing that.  Why I didn't pick this up when it came out... i'll always kick myself for that.

If anyone is open to trades, i might (thats a big MIGHT) be able to let go of my Sylphia, but I'd rather not :) I might have something else in my collection you might like, just PM me and we'll talk.
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

SignOfZeta

Re: looking for Dead of The Brain...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 07:41:36 PM »
Do NOT trade Sylphia for DotB. That would be...crazy.

esteban

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 03:13:09 AM »

Agreed.

ElSeven, You need to sell Sylphia to me, instead.

|    | 

ElSeven

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 01:51:34 PM »

Agreed.

is Sylphia really that rare?
ElSeven, You need to sell Sylphia to me, instead.

currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

Opethian

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 02:03:40 AM »
Not really as rare just a better game :D

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

SignOfZeta

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 12:25:03 PM »
Its not so much that Sylphia is a better game, but rather that it actually is a game at all, as opposed to a middle of the road digital comic like DotB.

If you collect games just because they are rare you are going to end up with a whole lot of garbage. Are the top 5 rarest PC Engine games even what would be called "playable"? Conversely, the top 5 best PC Engine games are probably less than $20 each.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 12:27:20 PM by SignOfZeta »

ElSeven

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 06:01:41 PM »
Its not so much that Sylphia is a better game, but rather that it actually is a game at all, as opposed to a middle of the road digital comic like DotB.

If you collect games just because they are rare you are going to end up with a whole lot of garbage. Are the top 5 rarest PC Engine games even what would be called "playable"? Conversely, the top 5 best PC Engine games are probably less than $20 each.

Yeah i realize that a lot of those pricey games are dumb, im not exactly looking to buy Go Go Birdie or anything lol.

I'm at the point where I have a pretty big collection and the games i play the most are the games that are relatively cheep ( r-type, prince of persia, space harrier, gradius 2).  There are a few pricey games still on my want list such as DotB, Tonma, Gekisha Boy and dynastic hero.

And speaking of DotB, i've read abotu the english/french translation that has been int he works for years, is that still going to surface eventually?  If only that snatcher project wasn't dropped...
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

RoyVegas

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 05:14:06 AM »
I don't know much about PCE games or their values but I did find an auction for this game.  Hope this helps

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dead-Brain-1-2-Super-CD-Rom-PC-ENGINE-/150438223781?cmd=ViewItem&pt=de_entertainment_games&hash=item2306d11fa5
All is well. :)

SignOfZeta

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 08:07:23 AM »
Quote from: ElSeven

Yeah i realize that a lot of those pricey games are dumb, im not exactly looking to buy Go Go Birdie or anything lol.

I would much rather have Go! Go! Birdie Chance than DotB.

Liquid Snake

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 08:11:54 AM »
I'm still looking for Sylphia SCD for a long time...................it'll be my last PC Engine game I need to get :<

For past five years I've obtained two new copies of DOTB 1 & 2 via eBay.  I sold one copy and still have another one in hand.  I will not say it's a good game but it's something to let me know the ending of PC Engine era :)
My happy meal box is empty~~~

Play-Asia