Author Topic: Very First PC Engine/Turbo Game Ever Played?  (Read 1053 times)

turbogrfxfan

Re: Very First PC Engine/Turbo Game Ever Played?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 03:48:35 AM »
keith courage was my first.  It was the pack in.  I never played the system before I bought it. Some worker at electronics boutique was trying to talk me out of buying it by showing a comparison card between tg and the geni.  I told that kid to kick rocks and I brought the tg16 home, hooked it up, popped in keith courage, played it for fifteen minutes and said "this sucks".  but heres the twist I also bought legendary axe so I popped it in and was very happy.  I consider that really my first real game.
"is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Mathius

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 04:45:46 AM »
Keith Courage was also my first. I was standing in an Electronics Boutique back in '89 or '90 and played some KC and was blown away by the "gunhead" enemies. I didn't realize how average the game was until I actually got a turbo 20 years later.

Spriggan was my first PC Engine title. It's still one of my all time faves.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 08:54:09 AM »
keith courage doesnt count so it was legendary axe
"is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Digi.k

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 08:13:11 AM »
hmmm probably bikkuriman or yokai can't remember

imparanoic

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 05:33:32 PM »
super star soldier at  a small shop in birmingham, microbytes, 1990 ( closed doen ages ago) priced a extortion tag of 70 pounds, ( pc engine has never been released in UK), but it blown my mind, compared next to megadrives, Famicoms and master systems

esteban

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 08:53:20 AM »
First HuCard: BLAZING LAZERS

First CD-ROM: Valis II / Monster Lair (I got them at the same time, can't remember which I played first.)

BUT, the first CD I saw a demo of (on actual hardware), was Final Zone II. The store just had the opening cinema/title screen playing, and did not let you play unless you requested to do so and were "trusted" (i.e. a known customer or with a parent).

I think it was Bloodia (:lol:)in a department store. Sure I already knew that the PCE was much more capable than this :lol:

Are you teasing me?

Because, if this is true, than you are AWESOME.
  |    | 

Vecanti

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 03:08:23 PM »
Keith Courage was my first.  I really love Keith Courage I don't think it is ever given enough credit.  I'd love to see more games based on the KC world.  

When I got my TurboGrafx there was a promotion that you could send away for a free game.  You got to pick like your 5 top favorites from a list and they would send you one of those.  My friend and I got Turbo's at the same time and sent away.  After about 6 weeks our free games never arrived so we called and they apologized and said they would send them out asap.

The next day I got Legendary Axe in the mail and then about a week later I got Victory Run.  We both got 2 games!!  We were so stoked.  I played the hell out of Victory Run.  Sadly I never like Legendary Axe at the time.  Now I think it has some of the most beautiful graphics ever.  

Turbo D

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2010, 04:55:04 PM »
Wow, that Keith dude sure gets around; he devirginized the lot of you. lmao! Anyways, the first TurboGrafx-16™ game that I played was Bonk's Adventure. I played it on a kiosk in a Toys'R'Us store. Ever since I entered the dinosaur in level 1, I was hooked. Unfortunately for me, it wasn't until many years later that I would actually own the console and a slew of games.

spenoza

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 06:44:44 PM »
My first CD game (and the first I played) was Splash Lake, and I didn't regret that choice for one moment. That game kicks ass.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

ceti alpha

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2010, 11:07:45 AM »
My first CD game (and the first I played) was Splash Lake, and I didn't regret that choice for one moment. That game kicks ass.

Lucky. Ever since catchin' spida1's review of it, it's on my list to pick up. Unfortunately, it'll be a while before I pay that kind of price for it. heh

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

futurematt

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010, 03:59:04 AM »
Galaga '88, one of four games I got with my first PC Engine:
Vigilante
Galaga '88
Dungeon Explorer
Yokai (Tales of Monster Path)

My mate had Gunhed and Dragon Spirit, but can't work out whether I played his system before mine. Oh and there were the games his dodgy mate owned, the Kung Fu and Rock-On.
Systems: PCE white, Core Grafx, CD Rom2 / IFU30, GT, LT, Super CD Rom2. Games: Almost all the shooters and about 50 others and growing! Also into Sega Saturn and Dreamcast shooters.
For HD gaming stuff visit my You Tube channel "Ten Minute Turbo Show" at www.youtube.com/futurematt5

Tatsujin

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 05:05:38 AM »
I think it was Bloodia (:lol:)in a department store. Sure I already knew that the PCE was much more capable than this :lol:

Are you teasing me?

Because, if this is true, than you are AWESOME.

Lolwut? :P

Certainly it is true. They had only this game to show the power of the mighty core. But don't ask me why :lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

awack

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 05:29:42 AM »
Turbo Grafx, Keith Courage

Pcengine, Final Soldier

Super Grafx, Grand Zort

Turbo CD, either Ys or Fighting Street

PCE CD, Rayxanber II   

TheClash603

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 06:46:15 AM »
I am surprised that I am the only one on the list that Splatterhouse is the first hu game played, I thought that is why all the kiddies got this system?

When I bought my own system it was either Alien Crush or Cadash I played first.  First CD game was Lords of Thunder.

Firebomber7

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2010, 05:13:00 PM »
First TG-16 game played: Keith Courage in Alpha Zones (store demo)
Second TG-16 game played: Bonk's Adventure (friend of a friend's house; the only person I knew who had a Turbo)
I've never owned a TG-16.

First PC Engine HuCard game I played/owned: Deep Blue
First PC Engine CD game I played/owned: Pomping World (Pang)

I got a nice PC Engine Duo as my first NEC system and there were not many games to choose from at all, as you can tell by these games.  The one saving grace is that I also picked up Twinbee at the same time.  Still, knowing the reputation of Deep Blue, I just HAD to see if was really that bad.  As for Pomping World/Pang... well, it's an awesome game.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 05:17:39 PM by Firebomber7 »