Author Topic: Very First PC Engine/Turbo Game Ever Played?  (Read 1055 times)

esteban

Re: Very First PC Engine/Turbo Game Ever Played?
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2010, 02:47:03 AM »
I think it was Bloodia (:lol:)in a department store. Sure I already knew that the PCE was much more capable than this :lol:

Are you teasing me?

Because, if this is true, than you are AWESOME.

Lolwut? :P

Certainly it is true. They had only this game to show the power of the mighty core. But don't ask me why :lol:

Tats, you have to admit that, of ALL the games in the PCE library, it is hilarious that Blodia would be used to showcase the system.

To think that you, a HUGE fan of PCE, started your odyssey with the humble Blodia is amusing.

I, of course, am a huge fan of Blodia, but I am glad it wasn't the first game I ever played :)

|    | 

beigemore

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2010, 08:32:06 PM »
My first ever game to play was Air Zonk.  I picked up a TG16 and Air Zonk from some electronics store at a mall when they were trying to clear out inventory.  I remember getting the TG16 for $50, but don't recall the price of Air Zonk, but I believe it was around $19 or $29.  I remember seeing the Duo at that same store for crazy prices, and thought I'd never own one.

ceti alpha

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2010, 03:18:20 AM »
I remember seeing the Duo at that same store for crazy prices, and thought I'd never own one.

It really was depressing to walk into a store and see the Duo, in all its glory, believing that you would never own it. heh BITD it was not a cheap piece of gear, though you did get a crap load of free games.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2010, 03:55:43 AM »
First game I popped in when I brought my Duo home with 12 games was the Gate of Thunder 4 in one disc.

Had to play the original Bonk's Adventure first!!

Then when I tried Gate and Ys I was floored!!  I'll never forget seeing and hearing Ys Book I, that experience I'll never forget, but the start of that day I played Bonk first.

JAPJAC

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2010, 01:19:42 AM »
JAPJAC`s TFP Fanitsu Capcom Power System CHANGER Definitive Resource is the first extensive and only competent expose in English on-line is here!:

(Under the TFP Features section):

http://www.japjac.proboards.com/
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 05:33:26 AM by JAPJAC »

ceti alpha

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2010, 01:31:14 PM »
R-Type 1, Shekhana, 221 Tottenham Court Road, London, circa 1988.  It was a very special moment for me and one that I will never forget.

Cheers.

:mrgreen:

Rockabilly Paradise

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2010, 10:35:38 AM »
when i bought my first turbo, i went into the store with the intention of buying a sega genesis. (had one when they first came out but had sold it...) turned out, however, that i didn't have enough money to get it so i was screwed. i looked around the store and glanced down at a small section of the store devoted to the turbografx-16. the system had a price tag of $60 (obviously marked down) and came with keith courage in alpha zones. i read the back of the box and vaguely remembered seeing a television advertisement for bonk, so i went ahead and bought it, along with china warrior. when i got it home, not only did it have keith courage, but jj and jeff, and parasol stars were in the box as well! keith courage was first of course, but i spent most of that day playing china warrior and jj & jeff. after that i proceeded to pick my local shop clean of it's discounted tg-16 games.

geise

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2010, 11:30:40 AM »
My neighbor when I was a kid knew that I was a Compile fan and brought me over to see Blazing Lazers when he bought it.  He gave me a try and I loved it!  Went out that weekend and bought the system at a Sears outlet store on sale.  Used my lovely lunch money and allowance I was saving for the TG-16 system.  The first CD game I ever played was Valis II I believe.  I eventually traded my TG-16 in for a Duo when it launched.  Best decision I ever made.  Playing Gate Of Thunder for the first time was amazing!  Almost up there with my Ys Book I&II virgin experience.

Smashed Brother

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2010, 12:12:08 PM »
I never had a Turbo when I was younger; it was all about Nintendo and Sega!  But, when I was in high school in the mid-90's (yeah, I'm old!) I met this dude who had pretty much every system and hundreds of games.  All of this crap was literally strewn about on his bedroom floor!  Well he had a Duo and a copy of Drac X.  Being a big Castlevania fan and never having heard of this game, I threw it in and was completely blown away!  Even though I had just purchased a PS1 and was star-struck by pretty 3D graphics, I could not deny the beauty that was Drac X.  So, the years flew by as I played my way through the 32, 64 and 128-bit generations, but I never forgot about that game.  Recently (as in a month ago), I decided to splurge on a Duo-R.  I had done my research on all of the various Turbo systems and did vast research on all of the games for it (both US and JP), and I wanted to check out all that I've missed.  But, the very first game that I purchased for my new system?  Drac X, of course! :D  Amazing game, amazing system!  I've also purchased the Gate of Thunder 4-in-1 and Gain Ground SX should be arriving any day now!
Purifying Weird Souls since 2000!

ceti alpha

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2010, 01:25:22 PM »
Welcome to NEC land, smashbro. :) Glad to hear you finally decided to get into the Turbo/PC Engine systems. And Drac X to start? Nice.

Smashed Brother

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2010, 03:05:48 PM »
Thanks man!  It's amazing that I've waited this long to do so, but better late than never!
Purifying Weird Souls since 2000!

Tatsujin

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2010, 03:35:24 PM »
You have well learned the 1st and probably also most important lesson of how to OBEY :D

And now my apprentice, continue with your proper work!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^