Author Topic: Anyone ever go to the Classic Arcade Museum in NH?  (Read 509 times)

BlackandBlue

Anyone ever go to the Classic Arcade Museum in NH?
« on: May 26, 2010, 06:30:22 AM »
Anyone ever been?  The webpage is here.  They claim to have the largest collection of retro arcades in the world.  My wife found an article in 'Yankee' magazine when we were trying to find things to do/places to go in New England.  I know there are a few of you from around these parts, so just looking for any feedback before I drag her up to NH for a weekend.  Their arcade list does look impressive though and all games are still a quarter.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

jperryss

Re: Anyone ever go to the Classic Arcade Museum in NH?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 06:44:28 AM »
Yes! Went this past Friday actually (only coincidentally on the 30th Pac-Man anniversary, heh). Been twice in the past year.

It's part of Funspot. It's like a 3 floor building. The 1st and 2nd floor have a bowling alley, bar, some carnival-type ticket games (skee-ball, etc), a small 9-hole mini-golf course, and a handful of machines.

The top floor is ALL old machines. I would guess over 100 total, all pre-90s. The machines mostly take one token ($1 = 4 tokens) but some take two, mainly the car/bike games as I assume they're more expensive to maintain. They have probably 10-15 old pinball machines up there also.

Check the FunspotNH website, there's a coupon for 50 free tokens when you buy $20 worth. If your wife isn't a heavy gamer, that $20 (130 plays) will probably last you the day.

hoobs88

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 07:04:17 AM »
I went there when I was like 9. I want to go there again this summer.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

BlackandBlue

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 09:19:04 AM »
So, it sounds like it's worth the 3 hour drive...

Its a shame.  We went up there a couple years ago and stayed in the town over.  I had no idea this place was there.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

jperryss

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 10:37:10 AM »
So, it sounds like it's worth the 3 hour drive...

I think so. It's about a 2.5 hour drive from my place.

TheClash603

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 12:12:25 PM »
Double Dragon in the first picture on the link!?  Score!

I wanna go!

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 02:36:31 PM »
oh man that sounds awesome!!  Its a little far for me but.  sounds like a cool weekend trip.
"is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

termis

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 05:03:04 PM »
Awesome.  A little bit far away from me at this point in time (just over 10,000 miles), but if I ever revisit the New England area, this will be on my checkout list for sure.

BlackandBlue

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 01:58:17 AM »
Awesome.  A little bit far away from me at this point in time (just over 10,000 miles), but if I ever revisit the New England area, this will be on my checkout list for sure.

Come on, 10,000 miles?  You can pull that off in a day of straight drivng (and flying and boating)....

Looks like we will be heading up there this weekend.  Im excited! 

TheClash603

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 10:40:19 AM »
I see they have an arcade competition annually.  My birthday seems to coincide if this happens roughly the same weekend every year.  I am thinking about making a trip there next year...

Who else wants to go?

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 11:41:15 AM »
I see they have an arcade competition annually.  My birthday seems to coincide if this happens roughly the same weekend every year.  I am thinking about making a trip there next year...

Who else wants to go?

id go

hoobs88

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 02:26:11 PM »

Who else wants to go?

When is your birthday? I would be "game" to go with a group of forum members.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 02:50:23 PM »

Who else wants to go?

When is your birthday? I would be "game" to go with a group of forum members.
  I would and after the place closes we can do a turbo fest east coast!

TheClash603

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 11:58:43 PM »
Birthday is June 3rd, which is the same day the competition kicks off this year.  It was too late for me to take off of work this year, but if the tourny is about the same time next year, I can treat myself for my bday...  and whoop some ass at arcade games.

Dark Fact

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 04:22:57 AM »
It's too bad that I live in Winnipeg.  It would probably cost me an arm and a leg just to get to this museum. :cry:

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!