Author Topic: Just got screwed on Ebay  (Read 709 times)

BlackandBlue

Just got screwed on Ebay
« on: June 03, 2010, 02:59:27 AM »
and not in a good 'hey man I dont even know this chicks name, but just totally plowed her anyway' kind of way.  I won an auction for Border Down LE for the dreamcast for $66.  The douche seller canceled the sale because he was "out of stock".  That f*cking site will let you do anything wont they?  I replied back and told him if he wanted to sell it for a certain amount, he should have put a reserve on it.  Someone is getting negative feedback.  Sorry, just needed to vent somewhere.  Almost forgot, his ebay name is ryohazuki787.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 03:03:49 AM by BlackandBlue »
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Just got screwed on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 03:20:27 AM »
Damn time-wasters!  Try to see the silver lining: at least it was just a little time lost, rather than your money.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

BlackandBlue

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 03:22:05 AM »
Yeah, that is one thing I am happy with, he didn't just keep the money and run.  Just got my hopes up. 
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

RoyVegas

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 07:07:42 AM »
I had a seller do that once also.  He didn't give me the whole "I wanted more cash" excuse.  He just told me he was sorry and that it was out of stock.  I feel your pain.
All is well. :)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 08:07:06 AM »
Man crap like that sucks.

I had that happen one time when I won rare Commodore 64 games on ebay for nothing.

he was suddenly "out of stock".......

on a single item auction that had no buy it nows?  With pictures of the games on a dinner table!  What did he do, pawn it while it was up on auction?

NOPE, he shorreeeeee didn't.

He was bragging on IRC about how funny it was that he jipped "some idiot on ebay". and that he would "relist it with a reserve and get what it is really worth".  Then he linked to the auction.

then I copy pasta'd all of it to ebay, and told him "Hey thanks! Did you forget I am here?"

and got my commodore games for the 3$ I won them for!

nothin like turning yourself in just to look cool in front of your e-buddies. :D

his ebay account got suspended too.  I guess he'd done this a few times before and they needed something solid to pin it all on him. or whatever :)
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

WoodyXP

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 10:17:11 AM »
What a shame.. $66 would have been the ultimate steal.. next to outright mugging someone for it of course.

BlackandBlue

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 06:52:58 AM »
Man crap like that sucks.

I had that happen one time when I won rare Commodore 64 games on ebay for nothing.

he was suddenly "out of stock".......

on a single item auction that had no buy it nows?  With pictures of the games on a dinner table!  What did he do, pawn it while it was up on auction?

NOPE, he shorreeeeee didn't.

He was bragging on IRC about how funny it was that he jipped "some idiot on ebay". and that he would "relist it with a reserve and get what it is really worth".  Then he linked to the auction.

then I copy pasta'd all of it to ebay, and told him "Hey thanks! Did you forget I am here?"

and got my commodore games for the 3$ I won them for!

nothin like turning yourself in just to look cool in front of your e-buddies. :D

his ebay account got suspended too.  I guess he'd done this a few times before and they needed something solid to pin it all on him. or whatever :)

Very nice.  I already searched the internetz for border down and 66, but it didnt get anything.  I was hoping to find him complaining on some message forum that he didnt get $250 for it like every other a$$hole on ebay is trying to sell it for.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 08:01:48 AM »
dang .   It is always nice when you can find the idiots being idiots. 
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

nat

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 11:08:40 AM »
This is funny, this exact same thing happened to me like three years ago with the EXACT SAME GAME. I wonder if it was the same seller.... I don't remember who the seller was that screwed me, unfortunately.

RoyVegas

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 11:17:35 AM »
This is funny, this exact same thing happened to me like three years ago with the EXACT SAME GAME. I wonder if it was the same seller.... I don't remember who the seller was that screwed me, unfortunately.

Imagine if it was the same seller and the exact same game...  That'd be a shitload of fees...   :-s
All is well. :)

San Juan Wolf

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 12:08:17 PM »
@ Arkhan : wait so he sent you the games ? I know , from personal experience that once your auction acount gets closed lots of the time , sending out the items is just not worth it anymore . Especialy if you keep getting hits on buy it now (not on ebay) that ram your fees up the ass and no one actualy wants to pay .

This happened lots of time . Auction has specificaly written you had to pay first . Guy buys it now then sends a message asking for a "personal meeting" aka to give it over hand to hand . Rinse and repeat for another five people , and you have yourself a problem .

I once even got a message saying I was "suspicious" for trying to sell items I don't physicaly own at the moment !

BlackandBlue

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 10:39:12 AM »

Man, there is just bad luck with this game, huh?  I refuse to pay $200+ for it, so I'll keep searching till I get a fair deal that actually goes through.  Good luck to you if you're still looking.  That would be funny if it was the same guy.  But, I got my refund today, so I feel better about that.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 11:02:49 AM »
Anyone here live near Pembroke Pines, Florida and have access to some blunt objects?  :twisted:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 05:20:19 PM »

Man, there is just bad luck with this game, huh?  I refuse to pay $200+ for it, so I'll keep searching till I get a fair deal that actually goes through.  Good luck to you if you're still looking.  That would be funny if it was the same guy.  But, I got my refund today, so I feel better about that.

Oh, I eventually picked it up at a decent price.... Not on eBay.

oldskool

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 09:23:17 PM »
This just happened to me TWICE on Amazon.  Both sellers had a copy of Lucienne's Quest for the 3DO for 12.99 each.  BOTH cancelled my orders because "we're sorry but we cannot find the game you ordered, we have issued a refund and your credit card was not charged".   Bullshit, you know it'll be back up within a month for $150