Author Topic: Who here is from Ohio?  (Read 1328 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: Who here is from Ohio?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 06:02:39 PM »
I'm about 40 minutes north of Toledo. I go there three or four times a year. There are pleanty of places in Michigan further away from Toledo than me (parts of the UP are probably 11+ hours north of me) but there is no reason to go north of Pontiac, IMO...unless you want to hide a body or something.

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

nodtveidt

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 06:13:26 PM »
We're looking at Toledo for a very specific reason. Also, I've found quite a few number of positions available with the ACOE in Toledo, so it's not like work is scarce... just gotta know where to look and what to look for. I can find work for the federal government just about anywhere.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 10:20:09 PM »
I can find work for the federal government just about anywhere.

Um...if thats true, why the hell Ohio? Do you just like squaller, poverty and blight with a healthy dose of supreme flatness? Seriously, Ohio just sucks. Its better than...North Dakota or some shit, but really...its like Michigan, but with the few cool aspects Michigan has taken out.

nodtveidt

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 02:11:58 AM »
My reason for moving to Ohio is secret. Statehood pride, and subsequent statehood insult, is juvenile and dismissible. And furthermore, areas of squalor are often perfect for one of the things I intend to do there...so thanks for letting me know that the area I'll be entering is f*cked up, it'll make my job so much easier...

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 02:53:23 AM »
Sounds like Zeta is still bitter over the Toledo War.  If Michigan is a better choice than Ohio (fiscally), then why is it's unemployment rate at 14.9% and its poverty rate at 13%?  Ohio's unemployment rate is only 11.5% (12.1% in Toledo and 8.9% in Cleveland), though its poverty rate is a bit higher at 13.7%.  I say f*ck 'em both and come to Nebraska where the unemployment rate is only 5.3% (5.5% in Omaha and 4.5% in Lincoln) and the poverty rate's at 10.6%.  One caveat: you must like corn.  Or soybeans.

And furthermore, areas of squalor are often perfect for one of the things I intend to do there...so thanks for letting me know that the area I'll be entering is f*cked up, it'll make my job so much easier...

Your secret project involves hookers and meth labs, right?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

RoyVegas

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 07:04:53 AM »
Your secret project involves hookers and meth labs, right?

If that's the case, you looking for investors?   :lol:
All is well. :)

blueraven

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 07:15:27 AM »
I can find work for the federal government just about anywhere.

Um...if thats true, why the hell Ohio? Do you just like squaller, poverty and blight with a healthy dose of supreme flatness? Seriously, Ohio just sucks. Its better than...North Dakota or some shit, but really...its like Michigan, but with the few cool aspects Michigan has taken out.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: As a Midwesterner originally; I agree wholeheartedly.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

SignOfZeta

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 11:27:31 AM »
If I somehow portrayed myself as a patriotic Michigander, I'm sorry. That is certainly not the case. My only point was that, if I had to chose between the two, I'd take Michigan. The two states are extremely similar. Most people in Ohio are fat and depressed and cranky, largely due to being poor and having shit weather %50+ of the time. Michigan is pretty much the same thing, minus much nicer scenery, and record stores.

Since what I do (automotive testing stuff) is really big in Michigan, its an OK place for me. I make more money here than I would in Ohio. Everyone else here would probably be better off somehwere else...and not Ohio.

nodtveidt

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 11:47:09 AM »
I do not like corn OR soybeans. :P hehehe

But anyways, once the move is made, we're pretty much free to move anywhere else in the country if we so wish. I do have my reasons for Toledo, but that may simply be the initial step out of PR...

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 11:48:20 AM »
Ohio doesn't suck!   Michigan does. :D  That's why all the trees point towards michigan. ooooo :)

Newsflash: Squaller, poverty and blight are all over the country.  Detroit ain't exactly Disneyland.
Every state has it's fair share of lolpoor.

Southern Ohio isn't flat.  Though, flat isn't always a bad thing. 

I don't know what is so wrong with Ohio.  We've got Cedar Point, the rock hall, Cooperstown, a bunch of other scenery and shit.  Rural areas, historic areas, all kinds of what not.  Plus Ohio is responsible for the dead boys, devo, and the pretenders, among other things, like Drew carey :D

and we have two zoos!  There is plenty of cool stuff here.

I get the feeling you would have something negative to say no matter what state is being discussed, :D

Sounds like Zeta is still bitter over the Toledo War.  If Michigan is a better choice than Ohio (fiscally), then why is it's unemployment rate at 14.9% and its poverty rate at 13%?  Ohio's unemployment rate is only 11.5% (12.1% in Toledo and 8.9% in Cleveland), though its poverty rate is a bit higher at 13.7%.  I say f*ck 'em both and come to Nebraska where the unemployment rate is only 5.3% (5.5% in Omaha and 4.5% in Lincoln) and the poverty rate's at 10.6%.  One caveat: you must like corn.  Or soybeans.

Lol, your states population is also like, 7x smaller than Ohio :D.   The poverty in Ohio is hilarious though.  It's a bunch of ignorant, lazy idiots acting like they're entitled to everything and don't have to actually work for money.  Sure there are the legitimately less fortunate people... but mannnnnn is there alot of Jerry Springer quality shit going on too.

Either way, to those of you that don't know it... every state in the country sucks just as hard as every other one.  They all have good places, OK places, and OMG WHY AM I HERE places. 
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2010, 12:50:12 PM »
When I think of all the bad stuff about Michigan, I don't think of Detroit. I think of the trailer parks, rednecks, grocery stores that make %90 of their income from food stamps, un-marked graves, and poluted well water that make up %90 of the state.

Honestly, I've had a lot of good times in Detroit. Of course since I live in a wonderful neighborhood in Wastenaw county (and before that, Midland) I can just visit when I want and go home, but Detroit does have the DIA, the Zoo, Belle Isle, CCS, and some reletively decent night life. I'm there a couple of times a month.

And to be fair to Ohio, I quite like Cincinati...but its about as close to Toledo as it is to Chicago.

nodtveidt

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2010, 02:05:58 PM »
The poverty in Ohio is hilarious though.  It's a bunch of ignorant, lazy idiots acting like they're entitled to everything and don't have to actually work for money.  Sure there are the legitimately less fortunate people... but mannnnnn is there alot of Jerry Springer quality shit going on too.
Oh, just like Puerto Rico... we'll be just fine then. :D

nat

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2010, 02:07:15 PM »
Man, the midwest sounds like a real drag.

I've lived on a coast my entire life (both West and East), I couldn't imagine being a thousand miles away from an ocean.

TheClash603

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2010, 02:50:03 PM »
My reason for moving to Ohio is secret. Statehood pride, and subsequent statehood insult, is juvenile and dismissible. And furthermore, areas of squalor are often perfect for one of the things I intend to do there...so thanks for letting me know that the area I'll be entering is f*cked up, it'll make my job so much easier...

Since you are a pimp, please allow me to have the friend discount?

blueraven

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 05:40:27 PM »
Man, the midwest sounds like a real drag.

I've lived on a coast my entire life (both West and East), I couldn't imagine being a thousand miles away from an ocean.

It is.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol