Author Topic: Ebay Pkt Auctions Sucks  (Read 536 times)

TheClash603

Ebay Pkt Auctions Sucks
« on: June 25, 2010, 05:57:08 AM »
Magical Chase w/ manual sold for $780ish, I put in my last second bid for $980 and got a pkt auction program error.  This is the best deal on MC in a long time, and I am very pissed.  Android phone normally is awesome...  not today.

Yeah, that's my rant...  never gonna get this f'ing game!

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
Re: Ebay Pkt Auctions Sucks
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 06:42:46 AM »
you actually bid $980 on a game?  What the hell is wrong with you?

Pure insanity-

termis

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 12:46:00 AM »
Yeah, I don't get it either, but each to his own.

TheClash603

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 07:10:26 AM »
Well, it is all value.  Something can be very expensive, but still be a good deal,

SignOfZeta

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 07:39:50 AM »
$980 is the best deal on Magical Chase? WTF!?!

You're f*cking crazy, and people like you are the reason that game is so ridiculously expensive.

BTW, WTF is a PKT?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 03:12:41 PM »
BTW, WTF is a PKT?

It's a fraternity - Phi Kappa Tau.  Schools have cracked down on hazing, so now they force new pledges to pay ridiculous prices for games (in addition to the standard homosexual fraternity fare, of course).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

TheClash603

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 06:05:15 PM »
Ebay PKT Auctions is the name of the auction app on the Google Android software.  Other than this particular instance, it is generally a very good app.

nectarsis

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 06:08:21 PM »
Sounds like the app worked fine. It saved you paying an assinine amount for an average game. ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

geise

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 04:03:28 AM »
Back in the day I passed on Magical Chase cause it was new for 50 bucks and I got 3 better games for less than 50 total.  I still do not regret doing that.  Magical Chase is decent and colorful, but I want more in a shooter.  If it's never in my collection that is not going to bother me at all.

TheClash603

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 05:02:27 AM »
Sounds like the app worked fine. It saved you paying an assinine amount for an average game. ;)

That's brutal!

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 09:42:33 AM »
yeah people gotta stop paying these high prices!!!!  we can change this whole high price for games thing if we dont pay high prices and wait awhile untill they go down.  To me that f*ckin game is nothing but bragging rights.but to me your a sucker if you pay that high of a price so what do ya really have to brag about. 
"is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 04:19:29 AM »
To me that f*ckin game is nothing but bragging rights.but to me your a sucker if you pay that high of a price so what do ya really have to brag about. 

Anyone bragging about their ability to spend money is a f*cking tool.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

RoyVegas

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 06:57:54 AM »
I actually use Pkt Auctions myself.  I can't say I've tried to use it to bid on anything but it's great for watching auctions while being away from home.  Sorry to hear you didn't win it.
All is well. :)

TheClash603

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 11:40:35 AM »
I do not have a ton of money, and I do not brag about spending money.  I however do save my funds, and try to spend wisely when the opportunity presents itself.

There is a reason I do not own MC yet, or the other 3 games I am missing.  If I had a bundle of cash laying around I would pay whatever it cost, but in the meantime, I have to wait for a price I can afford.

However, myself not buying a game will not drive down the prices.  I don't think very many of the MCs that have sold lately have been to a member of this forum.  Unless you can send out a worldwide message to revolt, these prices will stay as they are for a while.

Someone else a few months back said that they were waiting for a while to buy some of the high priced games, hoping that prices would go down, but they kept going up.  I am in this same situation now, I do not want to be kicking myself for not buying these games before they go up in value.  I already made that mistake with Godzilla, and I assume that game will cost $300 the next time I see it, when I passed repeatedly on $120.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 02:49:23 PM »
There can't be that many people willing to pay a grand for a TG16 game. Every TG16 high roller will, individally, make a difference in the prices these things go for. You proved this yourself by just telling us that the bid you just made (tried to) on MC was $200 higher than what it actually sold for.

If you get enough people in a group, it doesn't take many, who will pay basically anything for something, the price will skyrocket. Your presence in this scene has a significant effect on these prices. If you and your nut ball friends would just knock it the hell off things would calm down. You've got your whole life to get those last three games. Shit, I've collecting this stuff for 18 years, and I'm still uncovering gems in the NEC library. You're burning you candle (and your cigar made out of $20 bills) at both ends.

BTW, knowing you would spend a grand on a TG16 game undermines, totally, all the things you just said up there about how good you are with your money. Anyone who would spend a grand on a game like this or, more importantly, anyone who is so short sighted as to think that these price levels could possibly sustain themselves, has a very poor grasp of economics...or even logic.