Author Topic: Hi Everybody!  (Read 334 times)

Colossus1574

Hi Everybody!
« on: July 04, 2010, 08:32:50 AM »
Hey Gang  :mrgreen:
Was hoping to be able to say "HI" weeks ago when i 1st stumbled onto this wicked site. (i think nobody saw my registration, so i had to tap him on the shoulder to let me in haha)  Never knew there were such NEC die-hards around, that's awesome!  I'm a retro gamer myself, just looking at all these games reminds me of alot of good times. Although i'm not really a NEC collector or anything, i still kept a ton of my old consoles namely the classic NES, Gameboy (the one&only blurry green screen one...couldn't believe the difference when i actually got to play with my friend's PC-express back in the day!), Sega Genesis+32X (call me a sucker  :-& ), Gamecube, PS2 and PS3. Which brings me to my dear PC-Engine CD-Coregraphx (suitcase edition)!  I originally had the TG-16 as my graduation from the NES days...but after I saw the library the PC-E had (from some friends/cousins who moved over here from HongKong) I then sold my TG almost 2 years later for a PC-E  :dance:  When I 1st got my TG-16, wow...the colorful graphics of KeithCourage, and the perfect home adaption of R-Type! How could u go wrong!? AND on these tiny little credit cards compared to the clunky NES cartridges, haha.

Anyways, enough about me, I know i got a few games for TG and PCE i'm probably gonna sell, i'll probably post'em up when I get a chance....I gotta fix my ac-adaptor 1st.....any good threads on how to just buy a replacemet powersource for my PC-E+CDrom???? Thanks guys!

Digi.k

Re: Hi Everybody!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 09:06:54 AM »
oo hiya and welcome to the forums

rag-time4

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 10:58:58 AM »
Hey Gang  :mrgreen:
Was hoping to be able to say "HI" weeks ago when i 1st stumbled onto this wicked site. (i think nobody saw my registration, so i had to tap him on the shoulder to let me in haha)  Never knew there were such NEC die-hards around, that's awesome!  I'm a retro gamer myself, just looking at all these games reminds me of alot of good times. Although i'm not really a NEC collector or anything, i still kept a ton of my old consoles namely the classic NES, Gameboy (the one&only blurry green screen one...couldn't believe the difference when i actually got to play with my friend's PC-express back in the day!), Sega Genesis+32X (call me a sucker  :-& ), Gamecube, PS2 and PS3. Which brings me to my dear PC-Engine CD-Coregraphx (suitcase edition)!  I originally had the TG-16 as my graduation from the NES days...but after I saw the library the PC-E had (from some friends/cousins who moved over here from HongKong) I then sold my TG almost 2 years later for a PC-E  :dance:  When I 1st got my TG-16, wow...the colorful graphics of KeithCourage, and the perfect home adaption of R-Type! How could u go wrong!? AND on these tiny little credit cards compared to the clunky NES cartridges, haha.

Anyways, enough about me, I know i got a few games for TG and PCE i'm probably gonna sell, i'll probably post'em up when I get a chance....I gotta fix my ac-adaptor 1st.....any good threads on how to just buy a replacemet powersource for my PC-E+CDrom???? Thanks guys!
Welcome aboard!

LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!

Apparently, the official AC adapter is the AD-IF30. The specs are 9V, 1450 mA. link

Doing a quick search on the radioshack and bestbuy, I'm unable to find a universal AC adapter that has a high enough amperage rating. Your best bet will probably end up being getting an official replacement.

There is currently one on Yahoo Japan right here

You may need to do some kind of go-between to get it for you. You can try goody-japan.

You can also ask around with some ebay sellers and see if they have one in stock.

Toshi
Hit-Japan
Japan-Bid
Shisochou

Good luck!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 11:06:53 AM by rag-time4 »

geise

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 01:34:14 PM »
I've always have found toshi/jump to japan to be kinda high on most of the stuff being sold.  Only the loose Hu cards are cheap.  He does combine shipping though which is nice.  I've always had tons of luck with Hit-Japan who also combines shipping.  He has always accepted most of my best offers.  BTW welcome to the board Colossus1574

Tatsujin

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 02:08:40 PM »
yo sucker..welcome aboard and n-joy the forums :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Sparky

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 03:12:02 PM »
welcome Coloss!!! when i first got here this place opened my eyes to the PCE and what i was missing your already way ahead :).
It is a great spot and and a good crew. (watch out for necro :P) also make sure you checkout the  "shoutbox" some good laughs and good advice on the fly is said in there :) welcome again

henrycsc

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 03:28:48 PM »
Welcome aboard Coloss, but beware.  You may find yourself buying games instead of selling.  Get that adapter to test them first.  You have been warned.  :)
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

rag-time4

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 03:37:05 PM »
I've always have found toshi/jump to japan to be kinda high on most of the stuff being sold.  Only the loose Hu cards are cheap.  He does combine shipping though which is nice.  I've always had tons of luck with Hit-Japan who also combines shipping.  He has always accepted most of my best offers.  BTW welcome to the board Colossus1574
Toshi's prices are a little high usually but I've found his service and packaging (very important) to be the best in the biz.

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 04:42:32 PM »
Toshi's prices are a little high usually but I've found his service and packaging (very important) to be the best in the biz.

welcome!!!  yeah, hit japan is really good and cuts deals w me as well
"is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

ceti alpha

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 05:25:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Colossus! :) Gotta love the avatar. haha

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Colossus1574

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 09:37:19 PM »
Welcome aboard!

LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!
Apparently, the official AC adapter is the AD-IF30. The specs are 9V, 1450 mA. link
Doing a quick search on the radioshack and bestbuy, I'm unable to find a universal AC adapter that has a high enough amperage rating. Your best bet will probably end up being getting an official replacement.

Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome guys  :D
Glad you all liked the avatar...Ryu performing the "dim-mach!" haha.

Ya, i was using a Genesis ACadaptor but spliced on the original PCE tip to make the conversion fit and have it N.America currency friendly....anyways I'll have to check out the links, merci !

I'm just so amazed at the dedication and loyatly everyone has to this great system (and all it's transformations, hehe), it's gonna be fun talking to y'all  :clap:

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 03:44:35 AM »
Welcome 1574, hope you have a good time here at PC-FX!!

Also, I must say your Avatar is pretty excellent.

guyjin

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 02:14:12 AM »
greetings and well met!
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 04:58:40 AM »
Welcome aboard.

watch out for necro :P