Author Topic: AC Adaptor for PC-E/CD Rom  (Read 274 times)

Colossus1574

AC Adaptor for PC-E/CD Rom
« on: July 12, 2010, 08:45:53 PM »
Anybody have any luck with those universal multi-tips ac adaptors that you find at places like Radio Shack and The Source? The ones where u can slide the switch to have it work for different voltages?  My suitcase unit asks for DC 9V - 1450ma....i know a basic Sega Genesis plug works if i alter the tip/head to fit the PCe....but i don't wanna sacrifice it if i could avoid it. Thanks in advance  :mrgreen:

blueraven

Re: AC Adaptor for PC-E/CD Rom
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 06:28:32 AM »
Funny you should ask...

I just built a PCE Briefcase supply yesterday, I used a 9V 1.7A Switching adapter bought at an electronics store for about $16, the correct negative tip/adapter for it was another $1.50.

Don't sacrifice your genny power brick unless you don't have the $1.50. The IFU-30 or Interface unit is negative tip, unlike the Duo which is positive tip so make sure you have the right power supply, or you can do some damage. I'm not sure of teh genny adapter's polarity, I've recommended against using these in the past. If you get a multi-head generic adapter (they run around $25); you can get one of those little cables that allows you to switch the polarity of the wire.

I have a multi-tip that use for testing dead units, and its ok, but I prefer to build a supply for each unit so it doesn't get confusing.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 06:31:02 AM by blueraven »
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

nat

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 06:13:39 PM »
Anybody have any luck with those universal multi-tips ac adaptors that you find at places like Radio Shack and The Source? The ones where u can slide the switch to have it work for different voltages?  My suitcase unit asks for DC 9V - 1450ma....i know a basic Sega Genesis plug works if i alter the tip/head to fit the PCe....but i don't wanna sacrifice it if i could avoid it. Thanks in advance  :mrgreen:

Yeah, those Radio Shack power supplies work fine. I used one on a TG-CD deck for almost a decade. I don't have it or the part number anymore, but it's floating around here somewhere on the forum if you use the "Search" feature.

hoobs88

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 02:48:55 AM »

Yeah, those Radio Shack power supplies work fine. I used one on a TG-CD deck for almost a decade. I don't have it or the part number anymore, but it's floating around here somewhere on the forum if you use the "Search" feature.

The Radio Shack AC Adapter skew code is: 273-1775 tip N
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Colossus1574

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 06:38:01 AM »
HAHA, sweet Thanks guys!  that's awesome, but we don't have RadioShack here anymore, they got bought out by The Source (division of Circuit City i think...). Such a resourceful bunch here.  :clap:  My day off today, i'm gonna go hunt me down a ac adaptor!!!