Author Topic: Fan Expo Canada (Toronto)  (Read 261 times)

TheClash603

Fan Expo Canada (Toronto)
« on: July 17, 2010, 03:58:44 AM »
Is anyone else going to the Fan Expo in Toronto at the end of August (27-29)?

I go every year and have a pretty good time.  I am there mostly for horror movies, but there are also comic books, anime, games (video and board), and sci-fi.

Since I am a nerd I enjoy all that stuff (except anime), and the convention is huge, so I am pumped.  http://www.fanexpocanada.com/

Even though video games are taking up more floor space than ever, not really anything is retro.  Only one booth sold retro games last year, and random common NES game was $20.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 04:00:15 AM by TheClash603 »

ceti alpha

Re: Fan Expo Canada (Toronto)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 04:26:10 AM »
Oh man, I'd love to go. I may have to see about getting Bloodbath to play in the horror expo next year.  :-k :pray:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Sparky

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 04:35:07 AM »
Is it always at the Toronto convention centre Clash?... one year my wife and i stumbled upon one at the hotel we were staying in so we checked it out ...

hahaha.. it was alot of fun i must say there are some hardcore fans out there, some take it as fun others are all serious... and they not all nerds either.. some of the girls there!! wow, i think more hotties are looking for nerd love these days :P.

Tatsujin

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 04:41:35 AM »
Teh Canuck Expo. I would join it, if I'm there :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

ceti alpha

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 04:45:54 AM »
Is it always at the Toronto convention centre Clash?... one year my wife and i stumbled upon one at the hotel we were staying in so we checked it out ...

hahaha.. it was alot of fun i must say there are some hardcore fans out there, some take it as fun others are all serious... and they not all nerds either.. some of the girls there!! wow, i think more hotties are looking for nerd love these days :P.

haha. It's so true about the girls. I get picture feeds from Flixster on Trekweb and some of these conventions are packed with hot girls in Star Trek outfits lookin' for some Parmach action. hehe

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

TheClash603

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 07:01:58 AM »
Sparky, this is always at the convention centre.  It is a relatively new (6th year perhaps?) event.  60,000 people go, so likely not at any hotel before then.

Definitely worth checking out, just make sure you ID any anime girls before taking them back to the hotel.

Colossus1574

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 10:19:40 PM »

Since I am a nerd I enjoy all that stuff (except anime), and the convention is huge, so I am pumped.  http://www.fanexpocanada.com/

Awwww dude!  I am SO jealous, we don't have anything like that here on the westcoast.  We have an anime convention, and the odd comic book swapmeets, but the biggest thing we had this year was a Trek Convention. But that show room looks huge!!!