Author Topic: London Metropolitan Police raid Nation of Islam Mosque!!  (Read 1876 times)

Rockabilly Paradise

Re: London Metropolitan Police raid Nation of Islam Mosque!!
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2010, 08:54:24 PM »
Militant atheists convincing believers that their religion is wrong is just as dogmatic as Evangelical Christians proclaiming you're going to hell for not accepting Christ. As long as people aren't harming others, let them believe or disbelieve whatever they want. If we want peace we have to learn to accept differences and move on.
The problem with this is that the militant atheists are generally the correct ones... and whether or not people are harming each other has little to do with religion itself. Religion simply justifies one's harmful tendencies. But doesn't it make a hell of a lot more sense to live with the truth rather than ancient lies? The world would be a better place and we would all get along a hell of a lot better if the centuries of lies were cast off of the people.

When I see 16 year olds proclaiming all kinds of religious dogma on forums, it makes me sad to know that those people are the future of the human race...

you yourself have not the experience nor the study to develop a true judgement that religion is nothing but "ancient lies". we as individual human beings on this planet interpret things differently and therefore cannot and SHOULD NOT say that what is very real to someone who claims to have experienced it, is in fact a fantasy or a creation of someone from the past who's original intent was to implement an idea to gain a sort of control over people in some way, shape or form. it's a tired and lazy redundant theme amongst all atheists these days. yes while it is true that religion has served as the backdrop for wars and other violent acts, just as many non-religious reasons can be given for such things, such as greed or political gain. calling religion in and of itself "ancient lies" means that you are claiming to have some sort of proof that you can show me and others that will definitively convince without the shadow of any doubt that Jesus Christ was not the son of the one true God and The Messiah foretold of in hebrew prophecy. if you have such proof, then lay it on me... please. and just so you know, i don't deal in hypotheticals, only facts. and no, my proof isn't limited to what The Bible, a book that was hacked to pieces by the roman catholic church, says about it. i'm sorry if you yourself have never experience any kind of religious experience... i myself have, it didn't come from a sappy sermon, or a screaming pastor, it wasn't forced apon me in any way by any person. it was real... and it was enough to convince me until the day i die that there is a God, and Jesus was his son. ...and i'm a hard motherf*cker to convince. trust me.

let the Christian bashing begin.   

Joe Redifer

« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2010, 10:16:33 PM »
calling religion in and of itself "ancient lies" means that you are claiming to have some sort of proof that you can show me and others that will definitively convince without the shadow of any doubt that Jesus Christ was not the son of the one true God and The Messiah foretold of in hebrew prophecy.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 10:24:40 PM by Joe Redifer »

Iron Cuban

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2010, 03:44:47 AM »

Rockabilly Paradise

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2010, 05:58:00 AM »

i just laughed so hard i cried... seriously... that was just awesome.

Rockabilly Paradise

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2010, 05:59:23 AM »
calling religion in and of itself "ancient lies" means that you are claiming to have some sort of proof that you can show me and others that will definitively convince without the shadow of any doubt that Jesus Christ was not the son of the one true God and The Messiah foretold of in hebrew prophecy.

yes but evidence in the spiritual sense can only be obtained by those who will openly receive it.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2010, 06:26:11 AM »
#1 - Please learn how to properly use the quote function

#2 - Do you realize what you are saying?  Basically that there are no hard facts to back you up.  It's kind of funny that God and whatnot would be so good at hiding, not making himself and his bastard son (acquired by rape) known for fact... only available to those who believe.  God's marketing sucks ass! 

ceti alpha

« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2010, 09:40:10 AM »

The burden of proof isn't on non-believers. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If I claim that I have an invisible gnome that lives behind my toilet then I shouldn't be surprised when people say "prove it". But it's certainly not up to the people that don't believe me to prove that there isn't an invisible gnome behind my toilet.

On that note, Intelligent Design/Creationism should not, in any way, shape or form, be taught in schools. There is absolutely no proof of ID, and in the end what does ID really tell us? We're still left with the same primary question - Who created god? In fact, ID only complicates things.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Rockabilly Paradise

« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2010, 05:27:10 PM »
#1 - Please learn how to properly use the quote function

#2 - Do you realize what you are saying?  Basically that there are no hard facts to back you up.  It's kind of funny that God and whatnot would be so good at hiding, not making himself and his bastard son (acquired by rape) known for fact... only available to those who believe.  God's marketing sucks ass! 

insulting myself and my religion, or any religion for that matter in no way makes you look like your position as a moderator is well deserved. i stand by my original response, which i mistakenly put in the quote box...  "evidence in the spiritual sense can only be obtained by those who will openly receive it." you are entitled to your opinion, however sophomoric you choose to state it.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2010, 07:19:31 PM »
Sophomoric or not, it's true.  God did not get Mary's consent.  God did not marry Mary.  I have my own theories of what probably happened, but they are irrelevant to the discussion.

Rockabilly Paradise

« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2010, 08:23:32 AM »
Sophomoric or not, it's true.  God did not get Mary's consent.  God did not marry Mary.  I have my own theories of what probably happened, but they are irrelevant to the discussion.

actually you are entirely incorrect.

‘The angel went to her and said; "Greetings, you who are highly favoured! The Lord is with you". Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favour with God. You will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever; his kingdom will never end." "How will this be," Mary asked, "since I am a virgin?" The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month. For nothing is impossible with God." "I am the Lord’s servant," Mary answered, "MAY IT HAPPEN TO ME AS YOU HAVE SAID." Then the angel left her.’ (Luke 1:28-38)

"May it happen to me as you have said."

sounds like consent to me. if your going to knock the sriptures, at least be well read enough to do it intelligently.  i'm not quoting any more scriptures or going any further with this topic. just wanted to illustrate how you should study or examine something closely before you choose to knock it or make fun of it and talk as if you know anything about it.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2010, 02:08:42 PM »
I think that is open for debate.  They were just telling Mary "this is how it's gonna be and this is how you will handle it".  There was no opting out.  I think if some crazy thing with lots of power that you don't understand says "You will do this" you are probably not going to object, kind of like if a guy pointing a gun to your face says "Take off your pants and shake it for me" you probably will.  She said the right things to get the freaky, unnatural thing to leave her alone, after all.  :)

Who says I know nothing of scripture?