Author Topic: My SuperGraFX on eBay- no reserve (PCE games included)  (Read 2738 times)

turbogrfxfan

Re: My SuperGraFX on eBay- no reserve (PCE games included)
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2010, 01:09:44 PM »
i sent a message to you.  the package has been sent out as of today.  however the just called me and the say they need a contack number from the receiver.  therfore I need your contact number.  They told me u will get the package by the fifteenth.  I have to the twelvth to get that tracking number into paypal
"is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

omnedon

« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2010, 09:31:51 AM »
I now have tracking info from UPS.

Unfortunately it was sent back as a sold item to me, with a value of $200. Since it was not marked as broken, I can expect to pay between $35 and $65 in duty charges at the door when it arrives. My only recourse to keep from paying the charge is to refuse the parcel.

I of course will not do that. I will pay the excess (and erroneous) charges, to ensure turbografxfan gets his refund in a timely fashion.

It's what good sellers do, when the unforeseen occurs.
Contact chop5 for any NEC console services.

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2010, 12:07:04 PM »
well i was told to insure it.  so I insuired it the the same amount you did.  if you want me to write a letter to paypal or ebay let me know

omnedon

« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2010, 12:25:45 PM »
No worries. Cost of doing business. It's just one of those things.

omnedon

« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2010, 01:13:19 PM »
The PayPal comments will have no effect. It's the Customs form that was filled out (by your Mom?) at UPS where it would have made a difference in the brokerage charges.

There is no way she could have known really. A different kind of seller may refuse the parcel to avoid the fees. I'm prepared to lose ship costs and brokerage fees in the vicinity of $100 on this. At this point you getting your refund is my top priority. Everything else is secondary.

Cost. Of. Doing. Business.

I've been given a pretty rough ride around here. Some posting in this thread have not given me the benefit of the doubt, instantly assuming bad intent. Regardless of what I am called, and what assumptions are made about my motives, this is very simple to me.

The buyer was not satisfied with the items. The buyer requested a refund. I complied immediately after the refund was requested. I've made every effort to address the inconvenience the issue with the SuperGraFX caused. Due to circumstances beyond anyone's control, I will be forced to pay $35 to $65 to make sure turbografx get's his refund (including shipping) in a timely way.

What posters like nectarsis have to spew about this is irrelevant. What is relevant, is that if you do a transaction with OSG, you can expect the same level of prompt response to any issues. Customer satisfaction above profitability. Even when there is no hope of saving my reputation on a given forum. This is because doing the right thing is more important, than the distracting stuff in this thread.

Anyone who considers that an insufficient service level, I would strongly recommend they spend their dollars elsewhere.

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2010, 01:24:18 PM »
The PayPal comments will have no effect. It's the Customs form that was filled out (by your Mom?) at UPS where it would have made a difference in the brokerage charges.

There is no way she could have known really. A different kind of seller may refuse the parcel to avoid the fees. I'm prepared to lose ship costs and brokerage fees in the vicinity of $100 on this. At this point you getting your refund is my top priority. Everything else is secondary.

Cost. Of. Doing. Business.

I've been given a pretty rough ride around here. Some posting in this thread have not given me the benefit of the doubt, instantly assuming bad intent. Regardless of what I am called, and what assumptions are made about my motives, this is very simple to me.

The buyer was not satisfied with the items. The buyer requested a refund. I complied immediately after the refund was requested. I've made every effort to address the inconvenience the issue with the SuperGraFX caused. Due to circumstances beyond anyone's control, I will be forced to pay $35 to $65 to make sure turbografx get's his refund (including shipping) in a timely way.

What posters like nectarsis have to spew about this is irrelevant. What is relevant, is that if you do a transaction with OSG, you can expect the same level of prompt response to any issues. Customer satisfaction above profitability. Even when there is no hope of saving my reputation on a given forum. This is because doing the right thing is more important, than the distracting stuff in this thread.

Anyone who considers that an insufficient service level, I would strongly recommend they spend their dollars elsewhere.

yeah I catch the train 6:00 in the morning to new york city and I dont get home till 730 at night so sice the post office is closed by the time i get home I gave it to my mom due to the sensative time frame.  you questioning my mom dropping it off has nothing to do w anything.  I would of done the same.  You should of told me what to do and i would of gladly done that. 

omnedon

« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2010, 01:31:28 PM »
No worries. Cost of doing business. It's just one of those things.

nectarsis

« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2010, 01:36:59 PM »

What posters like nectarsis have to spew about this is irrelevant.

Funny from someone who tries to bemoan their "rough ride" that did the EXACT same thing he's complaining about
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

omnedon

« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2010, 01:41:51 PM »
Nope.

nectarsis

« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2010, 02:19:49 PM »
Nope.

Yep your previous comments here, and in shout showed just how much benefit of the doubt you gave turbo eh?  :roll:  As for the customs issues, that's your problem (as you stated)...not like that's turbos fault.  If the system wasn't busted it wouldn't be an issue.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 02:21:25 PM by nectarsis »
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

omnedon

« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2010, 03:20:30 PM »
I agree with you nectarsis, in that the literate will be able to read the facts for themselves. Your interpretation is yours.

omnedon

« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2010, 03:38:37 AM »
^^I have no idea what to make of that.

It does however elucidate my earlier point. I have gone out of my way to not use disrespectful words towards anybody here (which makes me rather unique in this thread), and have outlined possibilities only. I *think* turbo thinks I insulted him by pointing out that the way it was shipped may have had something to do with a third party shipping it, but I have no issue with that at all. It is a pertinent fact. I'm just glad it got shipped in time, as the timeline was tight, hence my reminder.

The good news is if anybody does not like the way I post on this forum, you will soon no longer have to stress about it. I have a great sense of this community, and will react accordingly once I am sure turbografxfan has his refund.

As far as my postcount goes, all of my posts are on topic, and are clear, and contain thread related content. I moderate forums in other communities, and understand how moderation works very well. You can blame yourselves for my growing postcount. I truly could not care less. I do think obsession with postcount in this transaction (not my obsession) is a solid 33% of the problem here.

Completely fictional example of nobody, just a composite of postcount obsessed forum dwellers I've run across over the years:

"oh noes!! he only haz twenny posts! I don't undertsand the last messige I got, I must be getting SCMMMED!"

Assuming I get a negative eBay feedback after offering freebies, and refunding in full immediately (including ship $$!) with no delay or complications caused by brokerage expenses THIS THREAD will be very handy for my rebuttal.

If I get no feedback at all, (I do not want and have not earned a positive) my respect level for turbografxfan will increase in a big way from it's current level.

Of course it's his call. I'll be ok for the next 7000 transactions either way. I of course hope that he takes into account I've done everything I could except not be myself. You don't have to like someone to respect their conduct. It's a complex concept, I know.

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2010, 08:09:32 AM »
sorry for the rant I was drunk..  but you have my word Im not going to say anything negative.  Im not like that period. 

omnedon

« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2010, 08:39:38 AM »

The part that I 'had no idea what to make of' has since been deleted, I imagine by the poster. See explanation above.

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2010, 09:37:13 AM »

The part that I 'had no idea what to make of' has since been deleted, I imagine by the poster. See explanation above.

yup I deleted it cause it was stupid. arent you the frikkin clever one to figure that out.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:40:23 AM by turbogrfxfan »